Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Boyle County 49 Danville 9
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Rebels Roll! :Thumbs:
Boyle just keeps on putting up the points! Congrats Boyle Co.
WOW! Boyle continues to roll. Rock has still scored 3x as many points on Boyle as anyone!
Just wait till the semi finals.
BLUECAT89 Wrote:Just wait till the semi finals.

I can't wait. Hope you make it! :biggrin:
Unofficially, Rees MacShara ran for 189 yards and 4 TD's on a muddy field.
Congrats to boyle County!
BluegrassBuckeye Wrote:I can't wait. Hope you make it! :biggrin:

hope you guys can make it too!
Congrats Boyle Co, also hope to meet you at Semi's. You guys have a HARD game next week against Lafayette who just beat a undefeated Henry Clay team tonight.
Anyone have any stats? Another nice win for Boyle.
Boyle just keeps on rolling
Is Danville really this down? Nice win for BC
Stardust Wrote:Is Danville really this down? Nice win for BC

Danville has decent size and great speed. They have had some injuries and are now starting a freshman at QB who began the season as third string.

Earlier this week, Sam Harp had this to say:

“We have good young kids coming. We just have to keep a positive attitude,” Harp said. “People keep saying we have talent coming out our ears. We have good kids that are working hard, but to say we have the same kind of talent we did years ago is wrong."

I've heard around town that there are some bad attitudes on the team. That may or may not be true.

Here's an article you may want to read: http://amnews.com/stories/2009/09/24/vau.804283.sto

That said, Boyle County beat Danville nearly as bad last year when Danville had a pretty good team. The Rebels are VERY good this year; better than last years team. I feel that on a dry field, Boyle would have scored 70 points last night. With all due respect to Bell Co., it will take a flawless effort and a few good breaks for anyone in 4A to beat them this year. It's not impossible, but very unlikely.
http://www.amnews.com/stories/2009/09/26/spo.966398.sto

STATISTICS

at Danville

First Quarter

Danville — FG Max Meckes 31, 2:36.

Second Quarter

Boyle — Rees MacShara 18 run (Phillip Barsotti kick), 2:41.
Boyle — Zach Hester 25 pass from Boone Goldsmith (Barsotti kick), :40.

Third Quarter

Boyle — MacShara 26 run (Barsotti kick), 11:43.
Boyle — MacShara 34 run (Barsotti kick), 7:33.
Boyle — MacShara 58 run (Barsotti kick), 4:54.
Boyle — Goldsmith 14 run (Barsotti kick), 1:13.

Fourth Quarter

Boyle — Devan Hale 3 run (Barsotti kick), 4:36.
Danville — Will Dunn 1 run (run failed), :20.

INDIVIDUAL STATISTICS

RUSHING—Boyle, Rees MacShara 17-196, Zach Hester 3-71, Lamar Dawson 3-19, Boone Goldsmith 3-19, Chris Cook 1-3, Devan Hale 1-3. Danville, Will Dunn 12-57, Patrick Brand 15-42, Devonta Alcorn 5-18, Max Ray 2-1, Corian Knott 3-minus 5, Iman Jones 1-minus 11, team 1-minus 15.

PASSING—Boyle, Goldsmith 6-8-0-103. Danville, Alcorn 6-14-0-124, Dunn 0-1-0-0.

RECEIVING—Boyle, Dawson 3-42, MacShara 1-34, Zach Hester 1-25, Logan Tritapoe 1-2. Danville, Jones 2-52, Knott 1-57, Cameron Burgess 1-11, Devin Lynn 1-4, Rhodes Bell 1-0.
BluegrassBuckeye Wrote:Danville has decent size and great speed. They have had some injuries and are now starting a freshman at QB who began the season as third string.

Earlier this week, Sam Harp had this to say:

“We have good young kids coming. We just have to keep a positive attitude,” Harp said. “People keep saying we have talent coming out our ears. We have good kids that are working hard, but to say we have the same kind of talent we did years ago is wrong."

I've heard around town that there are some bad attitudes on the team. That may or may not be true.

Here's an article you may want to read: http://amnews.com/stories/2009/09/24/vau.804283.sto

That said, Boyle County beat Danville nearly as bad last year when Danville had a pretty good team. The Rebels are VERY good this year; better than last years team. I feel that on a dry field, Boyle would have scored 70 points last night. With all due respect to Bell Co., it will take a flawless effort and a few good breaks for anyone in 4A to beat them this year. It's not impossible, but very unlikely.

I wouldn't look to far ahead really though Lexington Catholic seems to be improving and may give you guy some fits. We will like our chances here at bell county. We were young at the beginning of the season but now were looking like the number one team in eastern kentucky again. We have Some "Man-childs" on the offensive line Rock Took a beating. But we got to take care of bussiness first before we can even think semi's!:popcorn: