Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Central 36 - Breathitt County 14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Two in a role for the Golden Eagles.
That's what you call a whoopin.
Well crap..............Hope Fugate gets a couple weeks off so the Bobcats can come up with a gameplan that utilizes everyone. That being said, I hope his injury is not career threatening, just think BHS needs to use more players than Haddix and Fugate. Perfect time to rest Fugate and see if someone steps up on the field and in the booth.......Head coach is not the problem............Good win Eagles!
Congrats J.C. Wow I predicted 34-13.
345 yards on the ground for the Golden Eagles (per WSIP).

Maybe we're getting our mojo back. Only two turnovers, both in the first quarter, one fumble and one snap over the QB's head (which Breathitt recovered for one of their two touchdowns).

J.J. Jude was WSIP's player of the game: 257 yards on 22 carries, 3 TDs.
Very solid performance from Jude!!!
Hard to beat 250+ and 3 TD's! Great game.

I guess this game ends all the BC talk?
Just got off the phone with a coach from JCHS and he told me the hit that put Channing Fugate out was by freshman Jimmy Preston. He said he heard rumblings that it may be a hip flexor injury but someone said it could be a cracked hip. Hope it is nothing severe, he has a bright future ahead of him and don't want anything bad to happen before he gets to live the dream so many have but only few reach. Congrats to JC on the win.
Channing Fugate also injured early in this game. Sounded like a hip injury according the radio. Came back to the sidelines toward the end in street clothes. Might've had something to do with the margin. He's got a lot of skill when he's healthy.
Diogenes Wrote:Channing Fugate also injured early in this game. Sounded like a hip injury according the radio. Came back to the sidelines toward the end in street clothes. Might've had something to do with the margin. He's got a lot of skill when he's healthy.

WJSN said it was a hip contusion. He got took to the hospital and checked out and he is alright.
What is Breathitt's deal? Like most teams in this region of the state, their game plan revolves around one or two players. I hope Fugate recovers and is back to 100% sooner rather than later. Big win by the Golden Eagles.
Congrats to Johnson Central
Good win JC!!!
Great JC know you guys have figured it out keep it up
No surprise here. JC is looking like they should have been all along now.

Congrats Eagles!
Another lack luster performance for the Bobcats.....The only way they can turn this around is if somebody figures out Fugate can't win the game by himself......It takes every player playing every down to consistently win football games. I am not in the locker rooms and I don't have any insider information, but if the team lacks focus and isn't ready to get after it every down, at the end of the day that comes to rest on the coaching staff.
I would do no bragging about beating breathitt county,

but great win by JC, 2 in a row
How many people still believe Breathitt will win state this year.
orangenowblue Wrote:how many people still believe breathitt will win state this year.

lol
FWIW, the problem with playing "possum" is the fact that more times than not when the possum rolls over in the middle of the road and gets ran over he doesn't get back up. If Breathitt loses to Hazard I have a feeling Brahma Bull's possum may be roadkill following their 5th straight loss.
Great win for the Eagles. Congrats and good luck next week. Not trying to start anything but I just don't see how JC doesn't at least try one pass attempt. Was that stat from WYMT correct no passes? This late in the year need to be mixing it up some more moving into district play. Just my opinion which we all know what its worth. LOL
Alot of people have been sayin all year that Channing isn't playin like he did last year, he looks tired and out of shape etc. Does anybody else think that he may be playin scared? By that I mean do you think that since he has already committed to UT that he may be afraid of gettin hurt before he gets the chance to go play in the SEC. Kind of reminds me of Jared Hostetter at Lawrence County back in 2002. He had already committed to UT before his senior season. He wasn't nowhere near as good as he was his Junior year, alot of people said he wasn't playin hard cause he didn't want to get hurt and lose his chance to go play at UT. Alot of people said he wasn't as good as his junior year because he lost so much weight goin into his senior year.
congrats jc
CatDawg Wrote:Great win for the Eagles. Congrats and good luck next week. Not trying to start anything but I just don't see how JC doesn't at least try one pass attempt. Was that stat from WYMT correct no passes? This late in the year need to be mixing it up some more moving into district play. Just my opinion which we all know what its worth. LOL

A wise man (I believe it was Coach Bill Musick, matter of fact) once gave me this wisdom: "Only three things can happen when you pass the football, and two of them are bad." We still believe it in Johnson County.
What is going on in Breathitt County?
I've heard that before but it was from Coach Musick instead it came from someone a little higher up the coaching chaing. That's fine to think that way but it will only get you so far. As a LC fan I know all to well.
I got to say, Coach Holcomb making the decision to turn to a FRESHMAN QB shows how great of a coach he really is, especially making that decision the week you play a tough Johnson Central team(IDC about their record, JC is a great football program). Richard Trent is the future QB for Breathitt no doubt about it. I feel for Jade, but ya know, it's his senior year. I don't see this 4.4 speed that people kept talking about, or the rocket arm either. He is a much better defensive player for sure. Coach Holcomb may have saved what little he could with the choice of Trent over Haddix.

Listen, you can say that Channing isn't running the ball like he did last year, but tell me how he is gonna run the ball for 3,000 yards, when he isn't getting the blocking up front. IDC if you are Adrian Peterson if you don't have an offensive line that is willing to block every play, then you aren't gonna impress anybody. It all doesn't fall on Channing's shoulders. No excuses for this Breathitt team. They just aren't as good as advertised. That doesn't mean Channing Fugate isn't a D-1 player. Because he is, maybe not a D-1 running back, but he has everything you want in a D-1 recruite. I don't see him playing running back at UT. They will probably do what most colleges do, tell you that, get you there, and switch your position. Best of Luck Channing, you deserve that D-1 scholarship. Great young man, great student(23 on ACT), and a Heck of a football player.

Hope the injury isn't serious.... GO UT Wink
Saw the hi-lites on Sports OT. Looks like JJ Jude had another good game. One thing I didn't understand was the front flip into the endzone on one of the TD runs. As bad as JC started out the season, why risk injury when it looks like you are finally turning things around?

Congrats JC.
how long is he gonna be out? i hope he's ok!
Good win for the eagles
Pages: 1 2