Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Boone County 49 Campbell County 12
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final.
Campbell County 0 12 0 0–12
Boone County 14 14 14 7– 49

B-Quainoo 21 run (Palmateer kick)
B-Alford 45 run (Palmateer kick)
C-Glasgow 12 pass from Kremer (kick failed)
B-Quainoo 1 run (Palmateer kick)
C-Glasgow 15 pass from Kremer (pass failed)
B-Oppenheimer 19 run (Palmateer kick)
B-Alford 20 run (Palmateer kick)
B-Quainoo 3 run (Palmateer kick)
B-Oppenheimer 3 run (Palmateer kick)

Records: Campbell County 2-3, Boone County 2-3.
Boone dominated this one from start to finish. Quainoo and Oppenheimer ran all over the Camels all night long and they had no answer for the Rebels rushing attack.

For the Camels, I was impressed with Glasgow. That kid runs really hard and used the "truck stick" against a Boone LB several times.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Boone dominated this one from start to finish. Quainoo and Oppenheimer ran all over the Camels all night long and they had no answer for the Rebels rushing attack.

For the Camels, I was impressed with Glasgow. That kid runs really hard and used the "truck stick" against a Boone LB several times.

He quit two weeks ago because he was gitting ZERO snaps. Got his chance last night because of Austin Johnson's injury, and proved what he can do.
Stardust Wrote:He quit two weeks ago because he was gitting ZERO snaps. Got his chance last night because of Austin Johnson's injury, and proved what he can do.

Wow...talk about taking advantage of the situation. Glad to see he came back. That kid can run the ball and brings the pain when a defender is standing in the way. CC's offense really didn't look bad last night. I was actually impressed with how well they moved the ball...they just couldn't put the ball in the end zone. Turnovers killed the Camels. There were several times Kramer (sp?) should have just tucked the ball and ran to pick up a first down, but chose to pass instead and it led to turnovers or missed opportunities. #11 also had a big night receiving for the Camels. He and#82 (?) both.

BTW, you can catch this game on demand on nkysports.com under our broadcasts link.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Wow...talk about taking advantage of the situation. Glad to see he came back. That kid can run the ball and brings the pain when a defender is standing in the way. CC's offense really didn't look bad last night. I was actually impressed with how well they moved the ball...they just couldn't put the ball in the end zone. Turnovers killed the Camels. There were several times Kramer (sp?) should have just tucked the ball and ran to pick up a first down, but chose to pass instead and it led to turnovers or missed opportunities. #11 also had a big night receiving for the Camels. He had #82 (?) both.

BTW, you can catch this game on demand on nkysports.com under our broadcasts link.

Very astute comments.

OK, where were you last night. Don't tell me, were you filming from the sideline? I had already looked the fool a couple of times last night trying to introduce myself looking for you..... :biggrin:
Stardust Wrote:Very astute comments.

OK, where were you last night. Don't tell me, were you filming from the sideline? I had already looked the fool a couple of times last night trying to introduce myself looking for you..... :biggrin:

I was up on top of the pressbox the whole game filming. I looked for you taking pictures on the sidelines so I could introduce myself at halftime but there were several photographers there last night.
Gotcha. Did you have a sideline guy as well? Lot's of pictures and it looked like 2 film crews. Nice crowd for such a nasty weather game. But, being Boone's homecoming helped that.
http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll...309250090/

Boone County runs over Campbell County
By Marc Hardin • Enquirer contributor • September 25, 2009

• • Print • ShareThis • Type: A A • Click-2-Listen

Campbell County likes to pass. Boone County likes to run. Friday night, the run won.

The Rebels ran the football on all but three plays and beat the visiting Camels 49-12 in the Class 6A district opener for both teams.

• Photos: Rebels 49, Camels 12

Boone County (2-3) was so effective running the ball behind its massive offensive line, its leading rusher Charles Quainoo actually dragged down the Rebels’ yards-per-carry average.

Quainoo, a senior, carried 35 times for 252 yards for a robust 7.2 yards per carry, while pushing his season rushing total to 858 yards. Quainoo had three rushing touchdowns. He ran 21 yards for the game’s first score at 9:18 of the first quarter
Another Northern Ky. score that shocked me too death..Looks like C.C. didn't get off the bus!
Stardust Wrote:Gotcha. Did you have a sideline guy as well? Lot's of pictures and it looked like 2 film crews. Nice crowd for such a nasty weather game. But, being Boone's homecoming helped that.

Nope...the guy on the sidelines was probably someone from either ICN 6 or one of the news stations. I was up on top of the pressbox the whole game. That's where we usually film from. It was a nice crowd though. Glad the rain held off til after the game.
Boone really bounced back after playing some real good teams.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Another Northern Ky. score that shocked me too death..Looks like C.C. didn't get off the bus!

No excuses for the defense, but the offense never got off track due to the field. It was a sloppy mess, not suited for a team that throws 95% of their offensive plays.