Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Rivals100 National Rankings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
http://highschool.rivals.com/viewrankhs.asp?ra_key=646

Of note:
1. St. Thomas Aquinas (FL)
2. Elder (OH)
3. Valdosta (GA) Lowndes
4. Byrnes (SC)- Overrated IMO... saw them play down hereagainst Central Gwinnett and though they are impressive, they are not Top 5 in the country IMO.

5. Chespeake (VA) Oscar Smith

15. Grayson (GA)- My adopted Georgia school where my GF teaches, saw them last week and they are impressive.

24. Cincy (OH) St. Xavier- Highlands plays them this week.

25. Fort Thomas (KY) Highlands- Beat St. X and jump even further.

53. Cincy (OH) Moeller

78. Louisville (KY) St. Xavier

92. Alcoa (TN)- The small school Tornadoes make their debut this year, Bell fans say "we told you so!"
EKUAlum05 Wrote:http://highschool.rivals.com/viewrankhs.asp?ra_key=646

Of note:
1. St. Thomas Aquinas (FL)
2. Elder (OH)
3. Valdosta (GA) Lowndes
4. Byrnes (SC)- Overrated IMO... saw them play down hereagainst Central Gwinnett and though they are impressive, they are not Top 5 in the country IMO.

5. Chespeake (VA) Oscar Smith

15. Grayson (GA)- My adopted Georgia school where my GF teaches, saw them last week and they are impressive.

24. Cincy (OH) St. Xavier- Highlands plays them this week.

25. Fort Thomas (KY) Highlands- Beat St. X and jump even further.

53. Cincy (OH) Moeller

78. Louisville (KY) St. Xavier

92. Alcoa (TN)- The small school Tornadoes make their debut this year, Bell fans say "we told you so!"

No disrespect intended; but if anyone really thinks that Highlands is the 25th best team in the country; then I have some ocean front property in Boyle county to sell you. There are probably twenty teams in Ohio alone that would route them on any given Friday night. Not to mention numerous teams in Florida, California, Texas, Pennsylvania, Georgia, etc... This whole National Rankings for high school teams is ridiculous. No person or group of twenty people could possibly evauate all of the teams in the country. The level of play varies widely by state and region, and the level of competition varies even more. National Rankings are meaningless except for people like us to argue about. Back in 2001, Super Prep Magazine had Boyle County ranked 15th in the nation. I said the same thing then. There were twelve teams in Cincinnati that would have blown them off the field. :dontthink
I have to agree, national rankings for high school sports is a waste of time. There is no way anyone can evaluate the talent and competition of every high school in the nation. Let's just stick to ranking teams in each state and enjoy the matchups when out of state opponents play each other like Highlands and St. X of Ohio will Friday night.
yes absolutly i agree with everybody i watched a game on espn elder ohio plyed that one team i cant remember but they just looked like and ordinary team to me QB really couldnt throw the ball that good all they had was a running game and the other team i remember now was colerain and if there defense was a little stronger they could have won
Whether the rankings are a joke or not, I LOVE the Attention! Sick of Ohio schools being the ones reserved for that honer around here
Stardust Wrote:Whether the rankings are a joke or not, I LOVE the Attention! Sick of Ohio schools being the ones reserved for that honer around here

The best way for Kentucky teams to get some of Ohio's attention would be to win. Especially when competing against Ohio's top tier. Until then, people will just roll their eyes when looking at a top 100 that mixes Louisville St. X, Trinity, and Highlands with Cincinnati St. X, Elder, Cleveland St. Ignatius, Colerain, Glenville, etc...
:eyeroll:
Whistle all you want. You know it's true.

As Nature Boy Ric Flair used to say; "To be the man, you gotta beat the man". Whooooooooo!
kentucky schools beat some cincy ones last year...maybe an anomaly...maybe not, but either way they at least play em....
BluegrassBuckeye Wrote:Whistle all you want. You know it's true.

As Nature Boy Ric Flair used to say; "To be the man, you gotta beat the man". Whooooooooo!

Where ya at?????? Highlands, flat out better than St. X!
BluegrassBuckeye Wrote:The best way for Kentucky teams to get some of Ohio's attention would be to win. Especially when competing against Ohio's top tier. Until then, people will just roll their eyes when looking at a top 100 that mixes Louisville St. X, Trinity, and Highlands with Cincinnati St. X, Elder, Cleveland St. Ignatius, Colerain, Glenville, etc...

Thanks you for the encouragement and suggestion!
BluegrassBuckeye Wrote:Whistle all you want. You know it's true.

BluegrassBuckeye Wrote:The best way for Kentucky teams to get some of Ohio's attention would be to win. Especially when competing against Ohio's top tier. Until then, people will just roll their eyes when looking at a top 100 that mixes Louisville St. X, Trinity, and Highlands with Cincinnati St. X, Elder, Cleveland St. Ignatius, Colerain, Glenville, etc...

BluegrassBuckeye Wrote:No disrespect intended; but if anyone really thinks that Highlands is the 25th best team in the country; then I have some ocean front property in Boyle county to sell you. There are probably twenty teams in Ohio alone that would route them on any given Friday night. Not to mention numerous teams in Florida, California, Texas, Pennsylvania, Georgia, etc... This whole National Rankings for high school teams is ridiculous. No person or group of twenty people could possibly evauate all of the teams in the country. The level of play varies widely by state and region, and the level of competition varies even more. National Rankings are meaningless except for people like us to argue about. Back in 2001, Super Prep Magazine had Boyle County ranked 15th in the nation. I said the same thing then. There were twelve teams in Cincinnati that would have blown them off the field. :dontthink

You may want to watch a team play before disrespecting them with comments like this next time.

BTW, did you want that crow fried, grilled, or baked? As the nature boy Ric Flair would say.....Whoooooooooo!!!
^ amen!
BluegrassBuckeye Wrote:No disrespect intended; but if anyone really thinks that Highlands is the 25th best team in the country; then I have some ocean front property in Boyle county to sell you. There are probably twenty teams in Ohio alone that would route them on any given Friday night. Not to mention numerous teams in Florida, California, Texas, Pennsylvania, Georgia, etc... This whole National Rankings for high school teams is ridiculous. No person or group of twenty people could possibly evauate all of the teams in the country. The level of play varies widely by state and region, and the level of competition varies even more. National Rankings are meaningless except for people like us to argue about. Back in 2001, Super Prep Magazine had Boyle County ranked 15th in the nation. I said the same thing then. There were twelve teams in Cincinnati that would have blown them off the field. :dontthink
hmm ocean front property in BOYLE COUNTY? lmao yeah wonder who you root for. Go blue birds----dont hate the player hate the game.