Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Virgie 20 Elkhorn 29(girls)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Very physical game with little offense from either team. EC played hard and has a few good athletes. Virgie drops to 9 and 6.
Wasn't pretty but we'll take the win. EC out hustled Virgie and played better team defense. Neither team shot very well and both had trouble at the line. I would be interested in the foul and turnover statistics. Don't see either team being a threat to Dorton or Pikeville but I see EC getting better. They do not seem too organized or structured to be a serious contender. Sorry girls! Virgie has good young players. I was especially impressed with # 20 the Rose girl she represents her number well. I see a lot of promise in both team's younger kids. Good luck to ya'll.
Congratulations EC! Sounds like a pretty equal game actually! However, I do see Virgie growing as the year progresses. They have a coach that has already done a 360 with these girls: Anyone that watched county ball last year at all knows how little competition they were. Now, they are playing hard and learning. There are several kids on that team that are doing very well and growing. Rowe will be one to watch for quite a long time...he does not like to lose and has ball in the blood. Good job EAGLES! They are still one of my favorites. How many 6th and 7th graders does each team have?
Virgie has 5-8th graders,2-7th graders,1-6th grader,1-5th grader,6-4th graders,3-3rd graders and 3-1st graders. These girls have really worked hard and are a lot of fun to coach.