Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ge'Lawn Guyn De-commits
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The standout senior from Scott Co has de-committed from Charlotte and is re-opening his recruitment.

I just got off the phone with him and he said the biggest reason for the decision was that he felt as if he had rushed things and he wants to re-open his recruitment to fully weigh his options and see what other opportunities are out there for him. Ge'Lawn also informed me that several schools had been in to see SC during open gyms the past few weeks and had talked to him.

When asked which schools are in contact with him now, he gave the following list:

Indiana, Oklahoma St, Oregon, Coastal Carolina, Georgetown, Ohio St, South Carolina, and Georgia Tech.
Is he leaning to 2-3?
Stardust Wrote:Is he leaning to 2-3?

He is going to look at all schools! It will be three or four week until he has a list and it will be long. He may not pick a school until the end of the season.
I seen this yesterday. Hopefully he'll goto WKU.
goldenrule19 Wrote:He is going to look at all schools! It will be three or four week until he has a list and it will be long. He may not pick a school until the end of the season.

That's what he told me as well. He said that he's pretty much open to everyone and has had a few in home visits from different schools, too. He just wants to see what's out there and when the right time comes after evaluating everyone pursuing him, he'll make a decision. Said there is no time-table for when that decision will come.

Memphis, Northwestern, and Hawaii are also among some of the schools that have been in contact with him. From speaking to Ge'Lawn, he seems like a great kid and whatever school gets him will not only get an outstanding athlete, but an even better person.
this has been out for a couple days. good decision for him.
Its unfortunately neither the kids nor the colleges they "commit" to know the definition of the work "commitment" these days. I don't know if there is a such thing as a real commitment until the letter is actually signed. Its a little easier to understand when a kid breaks his commitment to a college but all too often during the past 5 years it has been the schools they have committed to breaking their commitment to the kid. In my opinion when Patrino at UofL broke his committment to the Durham kid at Rockcastle Co for no other reason than he thought he had found someone better was sickening.
good choice by Ge'Lawn im sure he will have better colleges looking at him after this season. he shouldnt have committed until after the season anyway, the kids got alot of talent hes a great player. good luck Ge'lawn!
I'm glad that he opened his options back up. He should land more offers by the end of the season and I hope that he lands where he feels is the best fit for him. He is a great athlete so I would love to see him get some playing time no matter where he goes.
School that are looking at Ge'lawn Guyn are Texas, Georgia Tech, Mississippi State, Alabama, Western Kentucky, and Indiana. He is not going to pick a school until spring or the summer. If he goes prep for a year he has offers in 2011 on the table from Louisville, Ohio State, Purdue, and Xavier so far. Before the rumors start is has very good grades and has a good ACT score to play College basketball next year. His GPA is a 3.0 going into his Sr. year. The four schools that want him in 2011 do not have any Scholarships for 2010! Ge'lawn is about 99% that he will be go to college and play basketball in 2011 not going to prep school. His has been working out with Chis Lofton before Chris left to go play pro ball overseas. He has been in the gym 4-5 hours every day. He is not worried about Mr. Basketball. He wants to get to Rupp and have a chance at a State title.
Hopefully he will go to a school in KY. I think he would be a stand out at EKU! He would pretty good at Western! But, it'd be nice to see some more home grown talent at UK!
I wish him the best of luck and hopefully he will make us Kentucky folk proud wherever he goes. :flame: