Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Chad Johnson--Is he the next TO?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Personally, I think Chad is about 2 steps away from being the next TO. People around here seem to like him (for obvious reasons). After picking up USA Today yesterday--some of the letters to the sports editors about him gave me the impression that people are getting sick of his antics.

What do you think?
I don't think so. I really believe he does it to for one pump himself up and to have fun. TO really thinks he is the only one that matters. IMO
I am on the fence most of the time.

However, I am getting to the point where I am tired of listening to him talk about how good he is all of the time. He is good--but that should re-enforce the fact that he shouldn't have to tell everyone how good he is--which leads me to believe that he could turn into TO eventually.
Chad Johnson does talk a lot of trash, but he is nothing like TO. Chad just tries to get in other people's heads, and when it really comes down to it, he's a team player. TO does his job out on the field, but he always seems to think he deserves more money, he's a problem in the locker room, and he seems to think that he's more special than the other players on the team.
Yea Chad is a great person, a great team player. He signed his contract like last year or the year before, just so it wouldnt get in the way and to make sure he was a bengal long term. He is almost always the first person to greet the person who just scored. He loves to talk but it usually just to get into the other guys head. He listens to what Marvin Lewis says and when he told him to stop with the list and use the list that Marvin Lewis gave him he done just that, he didnt go off crying because he was told to do something.
I think it would be very easy for him to make the transition to a TO type player, but I just don't see that in Chad as an unbiased fan (I like the Vikings, I lived with Randy lol). He always has a smile on his face when he does something. That's just his personality.
I see where you guys are coming from--but what about the times when he gets in Marvins face or Carson's face on the sidelines during a game. I don't know if I could call that a "team" attitude.

I think that the difference right now is that the Bengals are winning. If they were miserable--Chad would be a complete headcase like TO.
Also depends on what he's saying when he's in their face and I don't think any of us know what is being said. At this point no one Chad included is running to the media saying this is what I think about situation X.

He may just be pumped and giving different possible solutions some probably involve him but then again other might not. He may be saying I'm getting doubled and TJ is wide open.

But then again he could be playing a bit of TO or the other Mr. Johnson over saying give me the
D A M N BALL.

We just don't know and until someone from one of those sugar huddles comes out and tells us we will never know and until then I just choice to think and hope he's over there trying to do what's best for the BENGALS.
"CatDawg" Wrote:Also depends on what he's saying when he's in their face and I don't think any of us know what is being said. At this point no one Chad included is running to the media saying this is what I think about situation X.

He may just be pumped and giving different possible solutions some probably involve him but then again other might not. He may be saying I'm getting doubled and TJ is wide open.

But then again he could be playing a bit of TO or the other Mr. Johnson over saying give me the
D A M N BALL.

We just don't know and until someone from one of those sugar huddles comes out and tells us we will never know and until then I just choice to think and hope he's over there trying to do what's best for the BENGALS.

Good points. Not to speculate--but I get the feeling that if the Bengals were to start losing--we would start to here about what he is complaining about.

There have been a few times where the Cincinnati media has clued us in to some of those conversations (usually on Sports talk radio--not the paper).
And it has went to the wrong route. (Where Chad is complaining about not getting the ball when HE is double covered). In that situation--I don't think that Chad should question Carson Palmer (who does a great job of managing that kind of mess). I personally think that it is just a matter of time . . . (But I hope that I am wrong).
i dont think he is the next T.O because he hasnt complained about his contract yet but T.O complained on every team he has been on
He leads the league in yds ! Chad Johnson (rec. 66) (yds. 1085) (avg. 16.4) (tds. 7)
Chad is all about fun, their is a huge difference.

TO is an angry nasty vile human being who is only out for himself.

Chad sleeps at Paul Brown Stadium 3-4 nights a week, not b/c he's homeless Smile but b/c he's there studying film and working.

He's a dedicated man who takes great pride in his work and has a blast doing it, I love it!!
indeed
Chad just likes to get people riled up... its not like he is intentionally trying to hurt someone with his actions... just a little fun... im not a Bengals fan but I respect Chad and what he does because he is awesome and he knows how to have fun doing so...
yes
After his interview on TV last night--and the countless paintings of his self in his house--I am starting to lean more and more towards TO . . . . . . .

He did a pretty solid job of selling his love for the fans and the franchise--but I can't get past the feeling in my gut that tells me that he is all about him self.
i believe he is a very good player. the more he celebrates the more he looks like t.o but i beleieve this sunday will determine it..he said he has his best celebration yet comin this sunday so we will soon see..
Chad is maturing a lot as he progresses through his career. I don't think he is anything like TO. His celebrations are just funny, he doesn't try to put down the other team by doing stuff like going onto the Dallas star and making fun of Ray Lewis (Which is a VERY stupid thing to do IMO).
TO brings down his tema johnson does not do that.
my view on it is that if the bengals make it to the super bowl he will get a big head thinking he done modt the work..grant you he is a good recivier but theres 10 other guys out there blocking throwing and helping him.