Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Does Bob Schneider finally hang up the whistle?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With NCC starting this season with only 37 kids on the roster and an abysmal record thus far will Bob Schneider finally hang up the whistle? The talent level is down at NCC lets be honest and I dont see much coming up the ranks either so what do you think he does? He has been coaching since the late 60's.
For how many years has someone speculated it would be Schneider's last ? Answer: Many.

I think he may take his last breath on the sideline and his players will carry him off the field. And for the record...37 is a decent number for a 2A school. Granted it isn't what it used to be, but that's a trend being seen everywhere.
qryche11 Wrote:With NCC starting this season with only 37 kids on the roster and an abysmal record thus far will Bob Schneider finally hang up the whistle? The talent level is down at NCC lets be honest and I dont see much coming up the ranks either so what do you think he does? He has been coaching since the late 60's.

I have heard that basically his son has been running the show for the last couple of years.
sstack Wrote:I have heard that basically his son has been running the show for the last couple of years.

I think he's pretty much a figurehead at this point, but I also think he's earned the right to decide when he wants to call it quits. I don't think he'd know what to do with himself on late summer/early fall Friday nights if he quit. He'd be there watching the Breds anyway, so I guess he figures he might as well get credit for the wins when they come.
Can you dig it? Wrote:I think he's pretty much a figurehead at this point, but I also think he's earned the right to decide when he wants to call it quits. I don't think he'd know what to do with himself on late summer/early fall Friday nights if he quit. He'd be there watching the Breds anyway, so I guess he figures he might as well get credit for the wins when they come.

I guess it all depends on what one would consider a figurehead. From what I understand, while his son calls the O and another coach is the defensive coordinator, Bob is still very actively involved and has a lot of input in personnel and game decisions. I believe that Bob knew that this year was going to be a struggle. Rather than retiring and letting a new head coach get flack this year, I think Bob wanted to do the honorable thing and remain as head coach. If he believes that next year the Breds will be much stronger, it wouldn't surprise me to see him step down. Then again, I know that Bob really still enjoys coaching and being with the young men on the team. It's like they keep him young. So perhaps he will continue to coach for a long time. Who knows. You are certainly right about when he is to leave: he has earned the right to determine when he'll leave.
They will still challenge in 2A football. Just like they do every year.Nky football schedule is a little different animal.
It is pretty common knowledge he does not do much coaching anymore and has been that way for the past 5-7 years. He is in a perfect situation, asst. coaches running the show and him taking the credit. I don't think he will stick around long with the L's mounting. Last year in the State game he spent 2 series not even facing the field????

Will his son take over the regins when the time does come? He must be a pretty decent coach in his own right.
I think Bob has the right to tell us when its time. This is something a man has loved for a long time or he would have left before now. Way to go Bob I think you make it another 37.
Bob is truly doing the same as what Poppa Joe and Bobby Bo is doing in college. He has delegated much of the tactical work to others but stays very much involved in the strategic side of things. Bob loves to be on the sidelines on Friday night. I loved seeing him there Friday night and watching him fight for calls just like he did when I played against him YEARS ago!
charlie22 Wrote:I guess it all depends on what one would consider a figurehead. From what I understand, while his son calls the O and another coach is the defensive coordinator, Bob is still very actively involved and has a lot of input in personnel and game decisions. I believe that Bob knew that this year was going to be a struggle. Rather than retiring and letting a new head coach get flack this year, I think Bob wanted to do the honorable thing and remain as head coach. If he believes that next year the Breds will be much stronger, it wouldn't surprise me to see him step down. Then again, I know that Bob really still enjoys coaching and being with the young men on the team. It's like they keep him young. So perhaps he will continue to coach for a long time. Who knows. You are certainly right about when he is to leave: he has earned the right to determine when he'll leave.

Just to clarify, that wasn't meant as a shot at him. I put him in the same class as Bobby Bowden and Joe Paterno. (I just wish he'd start playing Highlands again.:rockonSmile
Stardust Wrote:Bob is truly doing the same as what Poppa Joe and Bobby Bo is doing in college. He has delegated much of the tactical work to others but stays very much involved in the strategic side of things. Bob loves to be on the sidelines on Friday night. I loved seeing him there Friday night and watching him fight for calls just like he did when I played against him YEARS ago!

:Thumbs: