Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: New UK Clothing Store In Pikeville
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Has anyone checked out the new UK store beside K-Mart in Pikeville?

I stopped in the other day and its nice just like the ones in the mall....
Yeah..Just like the 2 that they have in Lex Vegas..
is it the same people ?
I'm not sure..If it isn't, then they have ties with them, because the setup is identical as well..
Haven't been yet, but plan on going this week. Are they overpriced just like everything else in Pikeville?
umm I really didnt notice prices but on one t-shirt and it was 11.99....but they have some nice stuff
I was unaware that everything in Pikeville was overpriced. :confused:

I mean Dawahare's was ridiculously overpriced, but I thought that was about it. And isn't it gone now?
YES CE..All Dawahares are closed now due to bankruptcy.
They will have all sweats and ball shorts in this coming week.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:YES CE..All Dawahares are closed now due to bankruptcy.

Dawahare's was a huge racket anyways. Most of the stuff in there was really overpriced. Even when they had a sale, they'd jack up the "original" price to make the sale price look better.

As for the new UK store, I'd say it will do fairly well since Dawahare's is no longer there. I'm sure they will have some items that are reasonably priced, with the more expensive items being the official UK game day wear. Will a UK t-shirt be cheaper than a UK t-shirt at Wal-Mart? Not likely.
If it is like the stores in Lexington then they will be cheaper. It is unreal how much apparel are underpriced in the 2 UK stores. I just wonder if they will carry the weekly opponents in football like they do..I would say not.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:If it is like the stores in Lexington then they will be cheaper. It is unreal how much apparel are underpriced in the 2 UK stores. I just wonder if they will carry the weekly opponents in football like they do..I would say not.

Not sure that I've been to the 2 similar stores in Lexington, but most of the UK stores I have been to, do put stuff on clearance at good, low prices.

One example will be this year's UK v UofL t-shirts. Give them a few days and they'll be priced really low because they want to get those shirts out of the store and start selling the UK v UF shirts.
It is actually really reasonably priced...Dont have much of a selection for the person who likes to wear polos to games...Had many T's priced 10 dollars and lower...Had a great selection of pre game tailgating accesories...Also had a great selection of house decor. and I mean it just opened so it should only get better...When i was in there they were showing the LSU Kentucky game from 07 on a big flat screen which gave it a nice feel...They are putting one in Richmond as well Comfort Eagle very nice people its a couple the wife is from Pikeville the husband from Lexington both attended UK...
I am glad that we have a UK so close to us now. I haven't been in it yet but I do own a shirt purchased from it and it seems on par with every other UK store or website. They will also carry UK t-shirts and other merchandise that places like Wal-Mart will not so that's a plus.
Nice to see a Uk store close to me.
Do they have a website?
I don't imagine that they have a website where they are just starting and it is just one store. If they do, I've not saw the address yet.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:YES CE..All Dawahares are closed now due to bankruptcy.

Speaking of Dawahare's. Does anyone know where the first store was? Big Grin
First store was located in Neon, Ky.
Wonder if the will carry the uk fossil watch? I hope, I want one..
Basketballer Wrote:Wonder if the will carry the uk fossil watch? I hope, I want one..

not sure on this I will go in and talk to them tomorrow and request that for you
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:not sure on this I will go in and talk to them tomorrow and request that for you

I hope so , they have them on the fossill website..Its on my christmas list...lol.....
Thank you also
I know one thing..We are promoting the heck out of this store..Maybe QQ needs to go slap a BGR sticker on the window and tell the owner that every member of BGR gets an extra 10% off...
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:I know one thing..We are promoting the heck out of this store..Maybe QQ needs to go slap a BGR sticker on the window and tell the owner that every member of BGR gets an extra 10% off...

Starting to like the way you think.
Thank You much..I am only wrong half the time, lol..The bottom half though..Not the top half, lol..