Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bengals 31 - Packers 24
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Though the Packers made a shot to crush the Bengals hopes again, the Bengals pull it out on Antwone Odoms 5 sacks. Big day for Benson on the ground and Crosby on SPT.
Outside of the two picks Carson threw, the Bengals looked fantastic today. Benson ran the ball well and the defense played outstanding football. Big props to Antwan Odom, as he registered 5 sacks today on Aaron Rogers. That makes 7 for him on the season. Also kudos to punt returner Quan Cosby. He put the Bengals is scoring situations twice today on very nice punt returns.

Bengals are looking mighty fine.
The Pack had a terrible time at Left tackel, last week it was the same thing with the DE from Chi. He could have had 4 sacks instead of 2.
GB O-line looks bad. The Bengals looked good all over.
bigjim4packers Wrote:The Pack had a terrible time at Left tackel, last week it was the same thing with the DE from Chi. He could have had 4 sacks instead of 2.
GB O-line looks bad. The Bengals looked good all over.

bigjim4packers :argue: THOMCAT

:Clap::Clap: See you tomorrow night, be prepared :Clap::Clap:
could of sworn that the Bengals where gonna let it slip away from them again. overall Bengals look like a decent football team today!!
1 reason why packers lost, offensive line is horrible
Yeah Bengals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:Cheerlead:1:
haha. Same outcome next week hopefully...
Well, I will agree with everyone else by saying that Green Bay's O-line was horrible, and became even worse when their starting LT went down. But give props to Antwan Odom, he did what a good DE should do against an overmatched line, he dominated them.

Cedric Benson was impressive today too. The Packers were supposed to have a strong defense, but they couldn't slow him down. That is the kind of running game it's going to take to compete with teams like Baltimore and Pittsburgh.

I must say, I think our defense is the real deal this year. They held Denver to 6 points all game before that freak play last week, then held Green Bay to just 17 points scored by their offense. In reality it should be considered just 10 points allowed, because 7 of those came on a drive that started on the Bengals' 11 after a Palmer pick. Which brings me to...

The one part that was disturbing about the game was Palmer's erratic play. He made some good throws, but almost cost us the game with two BAD interceptions, one which was ran back for a TD, and the other ran back to the Bengals' 11. So Palmer basically gave the Packers 2 touchdowns. And these weren't tipped balls or anything, just extremely poor throws. I hope that it's just a matter of Palmer being rusty after sitting out the entire preseason with the foot injury. If he throws picks like that next week, Pittsburgh will annihilate us.

Anyway, at this point it's okay to be 1-1 (and wistfully thinking that they should be 2-0). Go Bengals!
More Cowbell Wrote:Well, I will agree with everyone else by saying that Green Bay's O-line was horrible, and became even worse when their starting LT went down. But give props to Antwan Odom, he did what a good DE should do against an overmatched line, he dominated them.

Cedric Benson was impressive today too. The Packers were supposed to have a strong defense, but they couldn't slow him down. That is the kind of running game it's going to take to compete with teams like Baltimore and Pittsburgh.

I must say, I think our defense is the real deal this year. They held Denver to 6 points all game before that freak play last week, then held Green Bay to just 17 points scored by their offense. In reality it should be considered just 10 points allowed, because 7 of those came on a drive that started on the Bengals' 11 after a Palmer pick. Which brings me to...

The one part that was disturbing about the game was Palmer's erratic play. He made some good throws, but almost cost us the game with two BAD interceptions, one which was ran back for a TD, and the other ran back to the Bengals' 11. So Palmer basically gave the Packers 2 touchdowns. And these weren't tipped balls or anything, just extremely poor throws. I hope that it's just a matter of Palmer being rusty after sitting out the entire preseason with the foot injury. If he throws picks like that next week, Pittsburgh will annihilate us.

Anyway, at this point it's okay to be 1-1 (and wistfully thinking that they should be 2-0). Go Bengals!

Palmer is still trying to get that feel for the game. He's been in-and-out over the past two seasons and still hasn't gotten back into that rhythm yet. I think he will, but he needs more time. Hopefully the ground game will stay solid.