Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lawrence County 09/10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Think they will again contend for the 15th region championship?

They lost their point guard in Chandler Thompson; along with Josh Wilks and Corey Newsome. Returning is Wade Skaggs, Michael Adkins, and Lucas Frasher.
LCbulldogs Wrote:Think they will again contend for the 15th region championship?

They lost their point guard in Chandler Thompson; along with Josh Wilks and Corey Newsome. Returning is Wade Skaggs, Michael Adkins, and Lucas Frasher.
They should and I think they will. But Selby Valley is still the team to be in region Good luck Dawgs
I hear Larry West is a good basketball player too.
Dawg Family Wrote:They should and I think they will. But Selby Valley is still the team to be in region Good luck Dawgs
I have heard the same I hope coach Anderson and keep the chemistry they have and add Mr. West . I hope it's a good blend for every one
I think the Dawgs will be a little bit better on the D this year and possibly could even be better on the Offense this year.. But I look for them to start slow just for the fact I believe that they will be missing a few because they will still be playing football when the season starts.
Lawrence co. will not be near as good without Thompson to set the tempo. He was a great point guard and without that you have a struggle. Wilks was also a very good ball handler, who do you let run point this year.Skaggs is not a very good ball handler so who will step up
Batpuff Wrote:I think the Dawgs will be a little bit better on the D this year and possibly could even be better on the Offense this year.. But I look for them to start slow just for the fact I believe that they will be missing a few because they will still be playing football when the season starts.
Sounds good to me. I have also heard that we will have another transfer for B-Ball this year besides Mr. West . Do you know if this is ture ?
I say they will be in the regional championship game again!!
itsme Wrote:Lawrence co. will not be near as good without Thompson to set the tempo. He was a great point guard and without that you have a struggle. Wilks was also a very good ball handler, who do you let run point this year.Skaggs is not a very good ball handler so who will step up

Well we have Mr. West that will be playing basketball as well.
itsme Wrote:Lawrence co. will not be near as good without Thompson to set the tempo. He was a great point guard and without that you have a struggle. Wilks was also a very good ball handler, who do you let run point this year.Skaggs is not a very good ball handler so who will step up

Wade doesn't have to dribble it lol he can just knock down from halfcourt everytime lol jk but he has improved alot all around over the summer with all the camps he has went to. I've heard Larrry West has crazy good handles too and we know he is real athletic. Then we have Joel baldwin who is a real good pt guard imo. He can play shut down D on any1 but justice around here haha. Then we still have our post players too. I think the starters will be lucas,atkins,marcum,skaggs,and baldwin with west and bradley coming off the bench to backup the back court. West will see more playing time as the year goes on. As for the post players I'm not sure of who the backups will be. Anyone know?
Mr. Blue heat you seem to get kinda defensive over what i wrote...but i just stated my opinion and that is it...:Thumbs:
itsme Wrote:Mr. Blue heat you seem to get kinda defensive over what i wrote...but i just stated my opinion and that is it...:Thumbs:

Nah not really just stating the OBIVIOUS. It's funny how know one else get's on here and bashes a player since the thread is about the LC team and not one player. Seems to me someone's jealous because no one else would have said what you wrote. Anyways back on topic here, this is my theory for this years LC team. We bring back four starters Wade, Lucas, Joel, and Michael all which have inproved tremendously over the offseason. Skaggs can score really well and shoot with anyone in the state, Lucas is just as athletic as any big guy in the 15th, Joel great hustler can defend the ball real well and a good passer, and Michael beats and bangs and finishes the garbage. With the add of Larry West I think this team can give Valley trouble. Also you got Blake Bradley good set shooter, Matt Marcum, and you might see some time from two sophmores with some size Hayden Kiser 6'3 and Tyler Combs 6'5. You might be seeing these boys playing at RUPP this year im not saying there goin to but its possible.
itsme Wrote:Mr. Blue heat you seem to get kinda defensive over what i wrote...but i just stated my opinion and that is it...:Thumbs:

Your defensive of Skaggs.
itsokConfusedhh:
wade skaggs is the best on the lawrence county team...
Lawrence County still has a great shot at making to the final round in region. They return a lot of talent and if West is the same on the court as he is on the field then he is a tremendous athlete. I wouldn't doubt a final round appearance and a loss to Shelby Valley again but they will contend for the majority of the game like last season.
WildDawg Wrote:I hear Larry West is a good basketball player too.

yes, he will be playing this season as well.

what is your definition of good? skaggs is a very good ball carrier..
LC 13 Wrote:what is your definition of good? skaggs is a very good ball CARRIER..

handler?? lol