Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky 31 Louisville 27
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
BelfryPride Wrote:I am enjoying the win!

Thumbs down: Our lack of tackling ability....jeez! Hartline, still isn't much better at all...

Thumbs up: Derick Locke is a man child! ANd kudos to the Cats after three straight turnovers and losing the lead twice after halftime and still come out with a win ...UK has came along way where in In years past, UK would have folded up and went home in the third quarter.

Congrats Cats, practice your butts off and let's get ready for those Gators!

Oh yeah,....3 Straight vs. the Dirty Birds!

Disagree with what I highlighted. Hartline made a couple mistakes, but he also made several critical throws when UK needed to convert 3rd Downs. He threw a perfect ball to Cobb for the GW Touchdown. And he was the QB while UK came back. Fumbles and INT's happen. People also seem to forget he completed 12 straight passes in the first half.

I think too many people are giving him a short leash based on last year. Mike Hartline from last year would not have completed another pass after that fumble..this year's Hartline led UK to a win.
EKU I must say I agree with that assessment.
told u this rivalry would be close, why didnt we do the wildcat offense any?>
this really was a bad showing in the 3rd quarter plain and simple...We had alot of mental mistakes they must be addressed and will be...Our football IQ was not very good at all but we still pulled out the win...The past two seasons this game would have been a loss...I am happy with the win but if we play like this the next two games it will be a total diffrent story...Hartline had a bad 3rd quarter but showed great composure in the 4th not to just bring us back once but twice...

Now looking into next week one thing I see with the defense is we can not run this pump and run man on man coverage in the secondary...Especially when you top corner goes down with and injury and your saftey (Lentz has a concussion)...Brown is going to have to switch our coverage up against FLA and show a few new things to catch Meyer and Tebow off balance...I was impressed with Evans today...And how about SR LB Sam Maxwell he and Locke have to be our Co Players of the game...Maxwell had a sack 7 tackled 2 for losses and the Int...BIG BIG game for him...

We need to regroup get our crap together I hope we were overlooking U of L and will be better prepared for Florida...What shocked me was our non-entusiastic attitude untill the 4th quarter for such a crucial rivalry game and having 2 weeks to prepare.
On Uks part- good job and congrats on the W....
on the cards side- you worked hard all summer and came out and wanted to win maybe more than UK, you showed them it was going be close if they won\
LOCKE is the man thoiugh
I hate to say it but our inability to hold the cards on 3rd down killed us yesterday.
i didnt get to watch it because i was with Estill in there 3 JV Football Games yesterday at Morgan County, but i got to listen to some of it on the radio up there.
sting Wrote:I hate to say it but our inability to hold the cards on 3rd down killed us yesterday.

yet again on every third down we were in press man coverage but still only rushing the front 4...I dont understand this concept because it places your Linebackers out on an island all alone by themselves against slot recievers...If your going to only rush 3 or 4 then nickle and dime the heck out them...I like the bump and run on 1st a second downs however because it allows you to run blitz if the team runs the ball well like Louisville check on that one...But in obvious passing situations you have to run some Cover 2 or 3...Granted we did on the last drive by Louisville only because they were in Hail Mary mode....
Amun-Ra Wrote:Louisville def came out to wint it today. They have said all summer that UK was their biggest game and it showed.

Hats off to our defense. Kept us in the game really.

Hartline, you got to hold on to the ball. But Hartline should have never been running the option anyways. Good call Joker. Don't worry about the interception. It was a good play by the corner to jump that route.

And somebody fire that clock manager.

i say that may have happen ,lol did u hear what coach brooks said that the ref told him,quote"you got hosed by ur own clock man"lol
Uk gets the win so therefore I'm happy. Can basketball season please come soon.
I went to the game and the fans were ready to hang Hartline again. The UK D is supposed to be the anchor of the team, but they didn't show up. They better pick it up before the Teebow comes to town.
Other than the game winning touchdown, I didn't think they used Cobb much in that game. We need the wildcat run a little more, and I think it would hurt when you are in the redzone to try a little more of the wildcat. Especially on 1st down. If you don't make it, then you can switch back really fast.
Hartline shows signs to get great at times and then at times he looks like he shouldn't be on the field. I'd like to see Newton get a shot at some PT!! :rockon:
Smile
Really loved watching this game even though thats about gave me a heart attack through some of but the one yaahh... now lets get to those gators... next week....
When will ESPN network show this again?
Pages: 1 2