Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Casey Co. 34 - Powell Co. 27
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final

Wow! I thought Casey was bad? Thought Powell would win.
me too. we couldn't stop the run. they couldn't stop us either though. we missed an on-sides kick & muffed a punt return. that was the difference in the game. whoever scored last..terrible game.
MR. NOBODY Wrote:Final

Wow! I thought Casey was bad? Thought Powell would win.
How can you give up 34 points to Casey co? TERRIBLE!:HitWall:
Was Powell actually down 20-7 at the half? heard Casey co. rushed for 400 yards?
i can tell you whats wrong with powell.....after watching the game tonight...its clear to see that there is no dicipline with this team....and the coaching is awful....casey co ran the same two plays all game long, honest to god this is no exageration.....and the powell co defensive cordinator was to ignorant to stack the box and stop the dive and the sweep...there is not a lack of talent....theres a large lack in coaching.....powell also runs the same couple of plays continuosly....this was an awful game to watch and it makes my stomach turn to watch my freinds on the team be so ill prepared for a game....i kno im goin to draw some contraversie with this next statement...but after being dominated by lewis co. morgan co. and now casey co. it is safe to say that there is something wrong with the coaching....i hope and pray that things can turn around for powell....but i dont think it will happen with these coaches....wat a disgrace
Face it. We are horrible.
You should never lose to a Casey co.
POCO HISTORY #70 Wrote:i can tell you whats wrong with powell.....after watching the game tonight...its clear to see that there is no dicipline with this team....and the coaching is awful....casey co ran the same two plays all game long, honest to god this is no exageration.....and the powell co defensive cordinator was to ignorant to stack the box and stop the dive and the sweep...there is not a lack of talent....theres a large lack in coaching.....powell also runs the same couple of plays continuosly....this was an awful game to watch and it makes my stomach turn to watch my freinds on the team be so ill prepared for a game....i kno im goin to draw some contraversie with this next statement...but after being dominated by lewis co. morgan co. and now casey co. it is safe to say that there is something wrong with the coaching....i hope and pray that things can turn around for powell....but i dont think it will happen with these coaches....wat a disgrace
Who is the defensive coordinator for the pirates?
we werent last year....after playing last year and finding out what it meant to be a winner under coach whitaker....it is clear to me that coach burchett isnt a very good coach...neither is his staff other than coach tiller.....looks like powell is going back to their old ways
MR.PERFECT Wrote:Was Powell actually down 20-7 at the half? heard Casey co. rushed for 400 yards?

Yes Powell was down at half. And as for the 400 yards, it wouldn't surprise me if Casey did run for that much. The defense was awful.
F.N.L. Wrote:Who is the defensive coordinator for the pirates?
I heard Sebey was running the defense.:worthy: :theman:
MR.PERFECT Wrote:I heard Sebey was running the defense.:worthy: :theman:

I think your right.
:flush: Better luck next week
Congrats Casey.

whats goin on over in stanton? i thought the pirates would be better than what they were last year?
Congrats Casey
Congrats Casey Co.
poco history #70 Wrote:we werent last year....after playing last year and finding out what it meant to be a winner under coach whitaker....it is clear to me that coach burchett isnt a very good coach...neither is his staff other than coach tiller.....looks like powell is going back to their old ways

as a school administration how in the world do you let a coach like whitaker leave
MR.PERFECT Wrote:Was Powell actually down 20-7 at the half? heard Casey co. rushed for 400 yards?
You heard wrong! Both teams had around 250 yds. If you want to know the "true" stats, ask me. Casey had a short field to play on all night. 4 of their drives were from 40 - 50 yds out. 1 or 2 drives were from 20 - 25 yds out. The shortest field we had was about 55 yds out. The rest were somewhere beyond 60 yds out.
POCO HISTORY #70 Wrote:i can tell you whats wrong with powell.....after watching the game tonight...its clear to see that there is no dicipline with this team....and the coaching is awful....casey co ran the same two plays all game long, honest to god this is no exageration.....and the powell co defensive cordinator was to ignorant to stack the box and stop the dive and the sweep...there is not a lack of talent....theres a large lack in coaching.....powell also runs the same couple of plays continuosly....this was an awful game to watch and it makes my stomach turn to watch my freinds on the team be so ill prepared for a game....i kno im goin to draw some contraversie with this next statement...but after being dominated by lewis co. morgan co. and now casey co. it is safe to say that there is something wrong with the coaching....i hope and pray that things can turn around for powell....but i dont think it will happen with these coaches....wat a disgrace
This is not a very fair statement. The coaching staff does everything in their power to prepare these boys to play. We see what's going on but we can't get out there and play for them. When you tell players what's coming and how to stop it every play and they don't do it, what can you do? We can't teach heart and want-to. How can you say this. We had 5 or 6 players asking to come out in very crucial points of the game. Some didn't want to play. As for Coach Burchett, He is a great coach and an even finer man. Until you "really" know what's going on in the locker room, you might want to just stay silent.
blitz43 Wrote:You heard wrong! Both teams had around 250 yds. If you want to know the "true" stats, ask me. Casey had a short field to play on all night. 4 of their drives were from 40 - 50 yds out. 1 or 2 drives were from 20 - 25 yds out. The shortest field we had was about 55 yds out. The rest were somewhere beyond 60 yds out.

Special teams will beat you quicker than any phase of the game. Sounds as if special teams hurt you. I do know Casey co. is usually not very strong and even if it was the 50 out, Why was Powell unable to stop Casey co.? My point is you let a not to typically strong football team drive the football 50 yards?????
blitz43 Wrote:This is not a very fair statement. The coaching staff does everything in their power to prepare these boys to play. We see what's going on but we can't get out there and play for them. When you tell players what's coming and how to stop it every play and they don't do it, what can you do? We can't teach heart and want-to. How can you say this. We had 5 or 6 players asking to come out in very crucial points of the game. Some didn't want to play. As for Coach Burchett, He is a great coach and an even finer man. Until you "really" know what's going on in the locker room, you might want to just stay silent.

Are you a coach for Powell county? I hate to hear what you have just said.
Bishop Brossart is no world beater by any means but Players do not ask to come out. Why did they want out? No guts? No heart?
Not a huge surprise here. Both teams are struggling and it was going to be close either way. Congrats Casey!
Strikeout King Wrote:Congrats Casey.

whats goin on over in stanton? i thought the pirates would be better than what they were last year?

Powell lost a lot of talent from last season. Most of the offense barely has had varsity time. They are a young team. When the sophmores become seniors, they should be fine.
cherokee Wrote:as a school administration how in the world do you let a coach like whitaker leave

Its a little thing called, cutting the football funds in half. See, this is a basketball county. And the AD wants to keep it that way.
I think that the pirates should have more heart and play harder than what they did friday night. Casey county should have never had scored. powell lost to many players
that makes no since....the players reflect the coaching.....when u see lineman watching the running back get drove into the ground there is something wrong....i respect u more than any one on here but if the players dont listen...bench em....thats the only way u can get ur point across....the coaches were silent on the sideline and i hardly heard any players step up and be vocal..i love powell and i was hoping they could at least beat casey co....they werent any better than the betsy lane of last year....i understand that the coaches can only do so much....but this is rediculous...there was no team on that feild last night...only individuals
the only reason i say this stuff is becuase im such a passionate powell co football fan...it kills me to see my home team lose in the fasion their losing...im not gonna make any more comments on the coaching becuase i agree that coach burchett is a good coach and a good man....i would just like to see the players be a little mor diciplined....sorry blitz
im very passionate and get carried away sometimes......i belive im more football educated than the average fans so i sometimes act a little inapropriatley.... keep ur heads up powell u can do it...turn the season around..
I would like to give you some advise on Coach Burchett, He is one of the best coaches in the State of Kentucky! Look at where he has been an how well his teams has led the state in rushing, Lawrence CO, and Johnson Central.
He is also a Great person! I do no know what he was left with this year from last years team as in experience but I will tell you if he has the talent he will win. He has taken ball players whom do did not have a lot of talent, but put forth a effort and became very good players. It is a two way street, the kids have to want to improve and put for the effort! This is not just in football season but in the more important conditioning season in the weight room. Do not work against him and put that effort to help him and he will make you a winner!
Their problem is their better Defensive players got kicked off the team or quit.32 was one of their best........what happened to him.He had to be their leading tackler.
Pages: 1 2