Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ryle 42 - Dixie Heights 28
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final.
BHS78 Wrote:Final.

Not a surprise, Ryle is for real and Dixie is overrated.
Ryle is for real, I'm not quite read to say Dixie is overrated yet.
Can you say, "Dixie defenseless?"
Watch the replay of this game on nkysports.com

Ryle's offense looked very good tonight. They used a balanced attack on the ground and in the air in the second half to put the Raiders away.

For Ryle, I was very impressed with #90 on the defensive line. Kid was everywhere tonight. Offensively, it was the usual suspects for the Raiders. I believe Elliott had 2 td's and Fugate is really turning himself in to one of the best WR's in NKY. He had another solid game tonight.

For Dixie, Haggerty (sp?) had a pretty good game offensively and sophomore Zeke Pike played very well on the defensive side of the ball. He's going to be a big time player for the Colonels over the next three years.

NKY 6A is going to be exciting. I think the district comes down to Conner, Ryle, and SK. Boone looks to be just a step behind those three right now.
I still give Conner the nod. Dixie is solid and has lost to very good comp.
richardhead Wrote:I still give Conner the nod. Dixie is solid and has lost to very good comp.

Who are you giving Conner the nod over? Dixie is 5A. In 6A I think Ryle is the clear favorite with SK and Conner very close at 2 and 3.
sstack Wrote:Who are you giving Conner the nod over? Dixie is 5A. In 6A I think Ryle is the clear favorite with SK and Conner very close at 2 and 3.

It's all about the match ups.

Ryle will struggle big time against Conner because of Conner's passing game.

Conner and SK have better defenses than Ryle as well.

All are pretty even if you ask me, but having seen all three, Conner looks to be the most complete team on both sides of the ball.
Late in the third quarter Friday night, Dixie Heights’ high-octane offense started to show some signs of coming to life.

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll...309180130/
But it really didn’t matter. The Colonels’ defense had no answer for Ryle running back Travis Elliott, who rushed for 146 yards on 28 carries and four touchdowns to lift the visiting Raiders to a homecoming-spoiling 42-28 win over Dixie Heights.

“I think anybody we play will tell you that Travis Elliott is the best sophomore they’ll see on the football field this year,” Ryle coach Bryson Warner said. “He’s certainly going to keep plugging away.”

Elliott’s ability to do that seemed to be summed up on the third play of the fourth quarter, when he crashed through the heart of the line and sprinted 21 yards for a touchdown. Ryle, ranked third in the Enquirer coaches’ poll, held a 28-7 advantage with 11:06 remaining in the game.

“That’s the way to take the game over!” a Ryle assistant coach shouted as Elliott arrived back on the sideline.

Having tallied 632 yards rushing through four games, Elliott is on pace to gain more than over 1,500 yards this season. He certainly has helped the Raiders (3-1) build confidence as they prepare to open district play next Friday at home against city cross-county rival Cooper.

“I just want them to keep giving me the ball,” Elliott said. “I love it.”

Leading 14-0 at halftime in a game that wasn’t expected to be a defensive battle, Ryle quickly established that the second half would unfold quite differently.

On the second play of the third quarter, Elliott rumbled down the right side for a 47-yard run to the Dixie Heights 10-yard line. Two plays later, Elliott plowed through for a five-yard TD run as Ryle took a 21-0 lead just one minute and 16 seconds into a second half.

The teams would end up combining to score 56 points in the second half. And although the final score might have indicated otherwise, Ryle’s defense was almost as formidable as its running game. Both of Dixie Heights’ first two scores — Corey Klei’s 18-yard run with 5:10 left in the third quarter and Josh Stegner’s five-yard reception one minute into the fourth — were set up by big special-teams plays.

In the first half, junior defensive back Zach Senvisky had two critical interceptions. His first interception set up Ryle’s first score; the other foiled Dixie Heights’ scoring threat deep in Raiders territory late in the second quarter.

“Our defense has been stepping up big-time,” said Warner, whose team shut out shutout Newport Central Catholic last week.

For Dixie Heights (2-3), ranked No. 5 in the Enquirer poll, Friday marked the end of a tough opening stretch of out-of-district games.

“Hopefully, we’re ready for district play,” said Dixie Heights coach Tom Spritzky, whose team opens district play at Scott next week. “Highlands is Highlands, but everybody else won’t be any better than the teams we’ve already played.”
Ryle is my team to come out of the District as champs. They have a nice running and passing game and IMO will knock off Conner. They will make adjustments defensively to stop Nick West but that is for another thread down the road.

Dixie is struggling after starting the year off with a couple nice wins. They need to re-group because Highlands is not too far away.
Congrats Ryle