Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best Offense in EKY
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who has the best O in East KY?
I think Lawrence has one of the best, I'm not saying the best but they utilize all their weapons and their line does a great job.
i would say bell co.
Prestonsburg's averages through 4 games:

Passing avg.: 235.2
Rushing avg.: 182.0
Total avg.: 417.0
Points avg.: 38.0
until somebody stops Burchett from throwing the ball all over people then i have to say they have the best O!!
Williamsburg puts up big numbers, but P-burg does as well and against better competition. I'll say P-burg, but these two stand out in my mind:redboxer:
P-burg would be first on my list. That Burchett kid is really good.

But second, I'd have to say Belfry. They played very well and moved the ball efficiently against very good teams, which a lot of people said would be one of our weaknesses this year, when we had speed and not as much power in the running game. But so far, we've done much better with what we have than most people thought.
Bell
IMO it depends on what type of competition you play. You could play someone sucky every week and put up big numbers.

IMO Bell Co has the best Backfield in Eastern KY and maybe the whole State. They have Davenport, Hilton, Mills, Carton, Raines, Collett, and Brown!! You never know which one will actually get the handoff and there all capable of breaking for the BIG ONE a 70 or 80 yard TD run!
In 4 games Bell Co has rushed for 901 rushing yards. Alcoa held Bell Co pretty low in that game in total yards and points. Bell Co averages 225 yards rushing in the last 4 games and 101 yards in the air. Thats alot for Bell in the air becuase there really not a pssing team. There averaging 27.5 pts a game. Bell Co has played Alcoa who won State in Tennessee and Whitley Co who went 12-2 last year and made it to 5A State Semi.
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:In 4 games Bell Co has rushed for 901 rushing yards. Alcoa held Bell Co pretty low in that game in total yards and points. Bell Co averages 225 yards rushing in the last 4 games and 101 yards in the air. Thats alot for Bell in the air becuase there really not a pssing team. There averaging 27.5 pts a game. Bell Co has played Alcoa who won State in Tennessee and Whitley Co who went 12-2 last year and made it to 5A State Semi.

Thats good stats, the scary thing is Bell gets better every DAY!!!!! I would think Bell is the best out of some teams in EK....
Bells offense is great
What do you guys think about Perry's offense?
Lawrence has rushed for almost 1,000 yds in 3 games.Their first team offense didnt even play the second half last week either. They are loaded this year.
bell hands down.....
lcgrad2002 your right. LC has put up 999 rushing yards in 3 games and only 85 total passing yards. Looks like there a run and run somemore football team. It has been against teams like Paintsville, East Ridge, and Sheldon Clark but still good numbers.

Against Paintsville you guys rushed for half of you total. 478 yards rushing against them. Thats alot of yards rushing in one game.
To me the best off. is one that dose not put the def. on the field alot. The best def. is a ball control off. If I have the the ball it will be hard to score on me. I think A good off. is one that can control the ball the most of the game. With that being said i would have to ask everyone to look back to time of poss. ,tournovers and most of all pen. Don't ask your off. to try to get 1th-20, 2 -9,3-6 , much easier to have 1-10,2-5,3-2. To me most coaches get caught up in the big play when they don't have to. Best off.???? the one that don't give up the ball .
Bell co they will hit you in several different ways. They have a lot of weapons that are a threat every time that they touch the ball.
Maid of the Mts. Wrote:To me the best off. is one that dose not put the def. on the field alot. The best def. is a ball control off. If I have the the ball it will be hard to score on me. I think A good off. is one that can control the ball the most of the game. With that being said i would have to ask everyone to look back to time of poss. ,tournovers and most of all pen. Don't ask your off. to try to get 1th-20, 2 -9,3-6 , much easier to have 1-10,2-5,3-2. To me most coaches get caught up in the big play when they don't have to. Best off.???? the one that don't give up the ball .

That cuts both ways.

Ball control works if fumbles are few (less likely with MORE plays run), and points get put on the board.

"3 yds. and a cloud of dust" gets in trouble when it falls behind, commits turnovers, and draws flags.