Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Russell @ Boyd County 9/18
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Can Russell rebound coming off of two straight losses or will Boyd County get their first win?

thoughts/predictions
i'm gonna say no matter if Russell plays awful they will win.....BC has a ton of injuries and even at 100% i still think they would struggle with the Devils...that was great game last year between these two teams...this year i feel Russell will win easily
that was a fun game to watch last year i agree. Great atmosphere and great effort on both sides...but i agree...BC is playing like a typical boyd county team and that is not good unfortunately....Lee Evans is a great coach and even better guy...hope he get it turned around out there, but i have a feeling it won't be against the Devils
Red Devils will rebound and win this one.
wonder if the Devils will tear down the goal posts if they win..j/k..lol...its at BC anyways...
Russell should be putting subs in by the fourth quarter.
heck the Lions beat Russell in 05 and they didn't tear down the goal post and that team went on to win state..........i think it'll be someting like 30 - 7 Russell...somewhere in that area
flavorflav Wrote:heck the Lions beat Russell in 05 and they didn't tear down the goal post and that team went on to win state..........i think it'll be someting like 30 - 7 Russell...somewhere in that area

Maybe withouth that loss they wouldnt have made it to state. Maybe that fired them up for the rest of the season. LOL:devilflam
pagan Wrote:wonder if the Devils will tear down the goal posts if they win..j/k..lol...its at BC anyways...

Boyd County may not win a football game this season especially with Greenup having Carter now. As for the goal post deal why not after your schools first win against Boyd County. I know Boyd isn't what they were in the past but it's still Boyd County. Congrads Fairview, team, coaches, etc.
Also Russell looked awful last night against a very good Ashland team so I think they will come back and get a win this week
russellpride Wrote:Boyd County may not win a football game this season especially with Greenup having Carter now. As for the goal post deal why not after your schools first win against Boyd County. I know Boyd isn't what they were in the past but it's still Boyd County. Congrads Fairview, team, coaches, etc.
Also Russell looked awful last night against a very good Ashland team so I think they will come back and get a win this week

Why not b/c it's overkill and really puts it in the face of an already defeated bc club...not only are they winless, but they see that.....eagles have every right to be excited, but that to me was over the top and kind of sillly...if i was bc fan i would have found it unsportsman like, but to each their own i guess...like i said good win, but no need to act like they beat a top tier program...Russell will win Friday night and act like they were suppose to win....not that they won the SUper Bowl
flavorflav Wrote:Why not b/c it's overkill and really puts it in the face of an already defeated bc club...not only are they winless, but they see that.....eagles have every right to be excited, but that to me was over the top and kind of sillly...if i was bc fan i would have found it unsportsman like, but to each their own i guess...like i said good win, but no need to act like they beat a top tier program...

I know man...i talked to some fairview fans and they kept talking about the school size...i was like look at the roster size and the history...i'd be far more impressed if Fairview beat Raceland than BOyd County....you tear down the goal post for such non-event...what does that mean in the long run...yeah Fairview hadn't beaten BOyd county in 5 tries.....not like15 or 20 or 30, but 5....if they had play boyd consistently over the last decade...i think they'd had won a few...Boyd county had never beaten East Carter till last year....but as far as i can remember the goal posts stayed in tact....wanna be top program than need to act like it.....they should be excited, but that was a bit much....if the Lions beat Russell..they don't tear down the goal posts, but that's not gonna happen anyways...Russell will win by a couple TDS
Russell will rebound. I hope it is a blowout so I can go watch the 2nd half of the Ironton - Ashland game. Did Russell sustain any injuries?
not that ive heard
boyd county has some injuries and kids out
pagan Wrote:I know man...i talked to some fairview fans and they kept talking about the school size...i was like look at the roster size and the history...i'd be far more impressed if Fairview beat Raceland than BOyd County....you tear down the goal post for such non-event...what does that mean in the long run...yeah Fairview hadn't beaten BOyd county in 5 tries.....not like15 or 20 or 30, but 5....if they had play boyd consistently over the last decade...i think they'd had won a few...Boyd county had never beaten East Carter till last year....but as far as i can remember the goal posts stayed in tact....wanna be top program than need to act like it.....they should be excited, but that was a bit much....if the Lions beat Russell..they don't tear down the goal posts, but that's not gonna happen anyways...Russell will win by a couple TDS

Man can we get off the goal post deal? Kids need to have fun it was more a school deal than anything else from what I was told. Kids need to have fun sometimes we forget about that, something like that only happens if its historical and in this case it was bottom line I know Boyd isn't good but in the grand scheme of things it's a huge win for the school. Good luck to all teams and stay injury free.
Russell takes this one by 16
russellpride Wrote:Man can we get off the goal post deal? Kids need to have fun it was more a school deal than anything else from what I was told. Kids need to have fun sometimes we forget about that, something like that only happens if its historical and in this case it was bottom line I know Boyd isn't good but in the grand scheme of things it's a huge win for the school. Good luck to all teams and stay injury free.

I've seen plenty of kids have fun after a good win w/o doing that...i guess anytime a school has a nice win..tearing down goal posts is required..it's a big slap in the face at the BC community, but they're just having fun right?...yeah right...in the whole grand scheme of things its not a huge win......a good win in the sense it's a win maybe, but against BC 0-5 all time...and considering the series just started back up 3 years ago...that means they were 0-2 all time when it started back...oh wow bc really has dominated...and the last three years haven't shown that BC is some juggernaught and Fairview hasn 't been able to compete...no all the games have been competetive....if fairview thinks it HUGE WIN then that's b/c they spent the last few years being told that when in reality its BOyd County..congrats you beat an 0-3 team friday night who has had one winning season in like the last 8 years..it's like kicking a man when he's down..i'm glad the eagles are happy, but being a good program means knowing how to win and not being shocked when you beat a 0-3 team...i agree...we can stop talking about this goal post thing on this thread b/c its the BC Russell game, which i believe the Devils will win fairly handly....BC has too many injuries and that too many mental obstacles to overcome
Yea the goal post thing was put to bed till it was brought back up RussellPride, but anyways.....Boyd County has competitive games with Russell over the last few years....I still think 1 of those games they should have won, but they couldn't beat the jersey...it's mental block thing and with them being 0-4 I just don't know if they'll be able to even compete friday night...Coach Evans has to find a way to get them motivated and not thinking about how they started...they have a bad case of the fumbles...they would have been in that goal post game had they not put the ball on the ground...not saying they would have won, but maybe have been in a position to have a chance to win....they turn the ball over like that against Russell and it will be a long game
Boyd wins a close one.
Russell wins this one by two touchdowns.

Best of luck to both!
Russell gets rolling in this one, Ivan will use this game to get his team ready for district play.
Russell rolls 35-6.
I'll take the Red Devils.
if boyd county is healthy they might be able to hang in there and make it competitive, but I just think they are fighting an uphill regardless this year.
flavorflav Wrote:if boyd county is healthy they might be able to hang in there and make it competitive, but I just think they are fighting an uphill regardless this year.

I think even if their healthy they are gonna struggle, but maybe Russell will too
flavorflav Wrote:Why not b/c it's overkill and really puts it in the face of an already defeated bc club...not only are they winless, but they see that.....eagles have every right to be excited, but that to me was over the top and kind of sillly...if i was bc fan i would have found it unsportsman like, but to each their own i guess...like i said good win, but no need to act like they beat a top tier program...Russell will win Friday night and act like they were suppose to win....not that they won the SUper Bowl

Very nice post Flavorflav!! :Thumbs:
I'm taking Russell on this one.

Russell- 21
Boyd County- 7

Good luck to both teams!!
hmm...I'm gonna say Russell 35 Boyd County 14
Russell wins this one like real big. Boyd Co. cant beat Raceland. And Raceland is really bad this year. Russell win 47to6
Red Devils by 24+
Pages: 1 2 3 4