Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 1-3 start, can Breathitt get back to State Championship???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
My poor Bobcats are looking pretty beleagured to start this season, which is one that I and many others figured to be a sure fire chance for them to play for another state championship. Are they done, or is there still some fight left in Holcombs boys?
purpletiger78 Wrote:My poor Bobcats are looking pretty beleagured to start this season, which is one that I and many others figured to be a sure fire chance for them to play for another state championship. Are they done, or is there still some fight left in Holcombs boys?

The state championships are in Bowling Green this year.
They may go to Louisville but they will not make it to Bowling Green.
Aren't they 1-3?
WOOPSIE

Thanks for the correction folks......and if something doesn't change soon I agree, the only direction they seem to be going is around and around and down.........the toilet that is.........
Yes, they beat Mercer Co. in week one.
Midee1 Wrote:Aren't they 1-3?

Yeah they had a win over Mercer County 58-24.
Of course they can...they haven't played their district yet....they win that and get a 1 seed get the ball rolling..they have a chance...they haven't lossed to slouches
It would be tough but look at the Bourbon County team in 98' they barely got into the playoffs. They beat a great Lawrence County team on their way to a state championship; so anything is possible.
Of course... but the Breathitt fans who felt their team was on a different level in the Eastern part of the state is seeing Sheldon Clark, Belfry, Somerset, Mason County, and Russell not only catch up to Breathitt...but start to surpass them.
Who is in Breathitts District.
Yeah, I think Breathitt can make it to the championship game. They are having some tough luck right now. They played Sheldon Clark VERY tough. Sheldon Clark and Belfry will be there biggest competition making it to state. They are very capable of winning those games.
Oh most def. I think Breathitt will be back in State this year. I mean, they are returning one of the best players in the state. They started out bad last year and didn't lose a game till the state game.
its going to be tough for them I sure hope they can get things together so we can have another intersting post season
I dont see Breathitt getting back to the State Championship game this season just dont see it happening
One thing really hurting us right now(and the rest of the season) is we lost our other RB Pritchard at Sheldon Clark.(ACL)That leaves the D to key on Fugate.If we could only get or passing game going to take some pressure off Channing.Also our D sucks.Get rid of Back and move Justin to D coach.
pagan Wrote:Of course they can...they haven't played their district yet....they win that and get a 1 seed get the ball rolling..they have a chance...they haven't lossed to slouches

wasn't sheldon clark a district game?

even if it was they are still just 0-1 in the district.
I'd say they will turn it around. Those first losses were by only 1 pt and I thought they were gonna be out for blood tonite....
but if you aren't conditioned well....playing a deep 5A team isn't going to fare well for you....so I think they make a significant title run....but I don't see them playing for the championship
zaga_fan Wrote:wasn't sheldon clark a district game?

even if it was they are still just 0-1 in the district.
I'd say they will turn it around. Those first losses were by only 1 pt and I thought they were gonna be out for blood tonite....
but if you aren't conditioned well....playing a deep 5A team isn't going to fare well for you....so I think they make a significant title run....but I don't see them playing for the championship
Sheldon Clark was not a district game, Breathitt is in a very easy district consisting of Estill County, Magoffin County, and Powell County.
inspiron Wrote:It would be tough but look at the Bourbon County team in 98' they barely got into the playoffs. They beat a great Lawrence County team on their way to a state championship; so anything is possible.

Yeah but you guys had the GREAT Dudley Hilton. LOL..
Come on Breathitt, I know you have it in you.:please:
I believe they will be ok come playoff time, they need a win against a quality team. I dont know why they have lost. But i do know they are well coached and hard nosed. Still a lot of football before playoffs
Of coarse they can, but will they? Probably not. They simply are not playing good football at this time, but there is time to fix the many problems they obviously have. I was at the Mercer game and told people on here that Breathitt looked sloppy and needed work, but was basically told that they dominated Mercer and I did not know what I was talking about.
Lucky13 Wrote:Sheldon Clark was not a district game, Breathitt is in a very easy district consisting of Estill County, Magoffin County, and Powell County.

my bad....regional game....not district
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:Of coarse they can, but will they? Probably not. They simply are not playing good football at this time, but there is time to fix the many problems they obviously have. I was at the Mercer game and told people on here that Breathitt looked sloppy and needed work, but was basically told that they dominated Mercer and I did not know what I was talking about.

The Bobcats did dominate Mercer Co.. The problem is...Mercer Co. is now 0-4. It's now apparent it may not have been a good team Breathitt Co. beat in week 1.

Breathitt Co.'s best football this season came in the 1st half vs. Prestonsburg (so far).
inspiron Wrote:It would be tough but look at the Bourbon County team in 98' they barely got into the playoffs. They beat a great Lawrence County team on their way to a state championship; so anything is possible.

Entirely different scenario. Bourbon was in a district with Danville, Boyle and Lex. Catholic. Losing to the caliber of these teams had them ready for the playoffs. Breathitt is in a district with Estill, Magoffin and Powell which will not help to prepare them for a deep run. I can understand losing to Pburg in a close game but not scoring agaist Sheldon Clark and getting it handed to you by Perry Central, You are not going to win a state title. The answer is no.
Breathitt is an average team at best without Fugate. It appears they are trying to please too many people and not riding the horse that got them there last year.
you do know that they gave the ball to channing most of the time last night and he didnt have over 100 rushing yards. jade had less carries and had more rushing yards. i do think channings a way better player than jade, but they need to have a more balanced offense, not a run it channing 5 times then jade twice then maybe a pass then start that cycle all over. they need to be mixing things up and stop being so predictable.

but i dont see them making it to the state championship game this year.
jade might of had more rushing yards but he coughed the ball up alot as well. channing cant run with the line not blocking worth a ****. but breathitt will be at state going through tough times right now with new faces. as for all the injuries the replacement players are still gettin the feel of things breathitt will return to 3A championship game though.
bobcatlunatik Wrote:jade might of had more rushing yards but he coughed the ball up alot as well. channing cant run with the line not blocking worth a ****. but breathitt will be at state going through tough times right now with new faces. as for all the injuries the replacement players are still gettin the feel of things breathitt will return to 3A championship game though.

Not this year.
No
PCC wanted to win the game more than Breathitt last night. Since everyone is telling whats wrong with breathitt and i am going to spread my opinion too. Breathitt has a very excellent team and they will be better come playoff time and also if the coaches dont get those boys inshape its really going to be a long season. Channing Fugate is out of shape bad. You can tell because he always has his hands on his hips and it also doesnt help that he never comes out of the game. He does not need to be on the kick off team because he is or will be prone to an injury and he only needs to play defense on 3rd downs and against very good teams and in games that mean something. Jade Haddix has the making for a good QB and just doesnt have the line he had last year. You also got to give the other kids a chance on the team to make plays and not just kill the two guys who are the offense or who you think is the offense. I think if you have too use your back up QB and use jade as a wide out or in the backfield with channing because he makes or will make the defense have to key on two players instead of one.
Pages: 1 2 3