Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Fairview 19 Boyd County 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
final
i saw this one comin..good win for fairview
BC not doing so well. Congrats to the eagles.
Hey Russelpride I'll have my crow medium rare with a side of humble pie lol. I called all the games wrong tonight. If Michigan loses tommorrow, and OSU wins I'll not talk to anyone for a week!
Good job Fairview. Boyd County appears to be struggling this year.
didn't quite understand fairview tearing down the goal posts and dump coolers on the coach...they deserve to be happy, but boyd co. is 0-4 and it's not like they are russell or even raceland....but gotta say i predicted this one right....BC is not good this year and haven't been other than last year...they've had one winning season in 8 years
flavorflav Wrote:didn't quite understand fairview tearing down the goal posts and dump coolers on the coach...they deserve to be happy, but boyd co. is 0-4 and it's not like they are russell or even raceland....but gotta say i predicted this one right....BC is not good this year and haven't been other than last year...they've had one winning season in 8 years

yeah i agree, but everyone will say b/c of the size of the schools, but when it comes to bc football being bigger has never really matter and fairview had some big good looking kids...they deserve to celebrate, but tearing down the goal post is over kill...i agree.
flavorflav Wrote:didn't quite understand fairview tearing down the goal posts and dump coolers on the coach...they deserve to be happy, but boyd co. is 0-4 and it's not like they are russell or even raceland....but gotta say i predicted this one right....BC is not good this year and haven't been other than last year...they've had one winning season in 8 years

Yeah tearing down the goal post was a bit much.
pagan Wrote:yeah i agree, but everyone will say b/c of the size of the schools, but when it comes to bc football being bigger has never really matter and fairview had some big good looking kids...they deserve to celebrate, but tearing down the goal post is over kill...i agree.

Yeah i've said on here many times that if size played such a part in our area...then Greenup and Boyd would be dominating programs, but they haven't been....until this year...Rowan fell in that category as well...heck Lawrence until this year as well...the county schools around here struggle in football and pull out a good winning season every so often, but Russell and Raceland are smaller than them and consistenly beat them....GC did get a nice win tonite, but that's 1st one since 04.....great start for Fairview, but on the grand scale of things tonite was not a super bowl type win, but you'd thought it was
flavorflav Wrote:Yeah i've said on here many times that if size played such a part in our area...then Greenup and Boyd would be dominating programs, but they haven't been....until this year...Rowan fell in that category as well...heck Lawrence until this year as well...the county schools around here struggle in football and pull out a good winning season every so often, but Russell and Raceland are smaller than them and consistenly beat them....GC did get a nice win tonite, but that's 1st one since 04.....great start for Fairview, but on the grand scale of things tonite was not a super bowl type win, but you'd thought it was

I agree completely...i just think the county schools have a tougher time getting kids out for football. Good win for the Eagles, but i picked them...it hardly shocks me that they won....BC is not good this year and on top of that they have some injuries....fairview has a kind schedule and they might run the table if they stay focused other than LCA of course
Great win for the eagles! oh, I can't play tonight we are going to plow the lower 40 here in the county, I hope the horses aren't to tried! beer for the horses and shoulder pads for the boys, play ball!
I forgot one thing my last post, Chase fannin is really coming on, His brother was a great basketball player and has really great parents and family; being a Raceland fan it's hard to say, but best of luck your last year Chase and take it easy on us! "you owe me a Chew!"

Well it was a huge win for fairveiw, they have never beaten Boyd co. That will that will give them a lot of confidence.
BADCAT74 Wrote:Well it was a huge win for fairveiw, they have never beaten Boyd co. That will that will give them a lot of confidence.

Actually I don't even agree that's a huge win for fairview...like i said earlier...they were 0-5 all time...that's really not a lot....and if they had played boyd consistently the last 10 years then that first win would have already have come...boyd co. was 0-3 going in there...tearin down the goal posts..not a lot of class in that...got no problem with them being excited, but it's boyd county not ashland or russell or heck even raceland...no need for that
flavorflav Wrote:Actually I don't even agree that's a huge win for fairview...like i said earlier...they were 0-5 all time...that's really not a lot....and if they had played boyd consistently the last 10 years then that first win would have already have come...boyd co. was 0-3 going in there...tearin down the goal posts..not a lot of class in that...got no problem with them being excited, but it's boyd county not ashland or russell or heck even raceland...no need for that

they can call it a huge win till their blue in the face, but everyone knows that most people thought going into that game the last two years that fairview was capable of winning that game and seriously doubt most football savvy people were shocked....like you said the lions were 0-3 and really isn't that big of deal beating them...now the all time record is 1-5...wow....lets rip em down...gimme a break....the eagles are a decent team and they need to take pride in that and act like they expect to win