Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2009 Lloyd Memorial Invitational Bracket
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The brackets have been released for the Lloyd Memorial Invitational, December 27th- December 30th at Lloyd High School.

Here is how the brackets are set up:

12/27
Upper Bracket:
2:00 Campbell Co v Beechwood (Tichenor Middle School Gym)
3:45 Newport v Deming (Tichenor Middle School Gym)
1:00 Lewis Co v Villa Madonna
2:45 Holmes v Pendleton Co

Lower Bracket:
4:00 Bryan Station v Cooper
6:15 Cov Holy Cross v Cumberland Co
8:00 North Laurel v Lloyd
9:45 Conner v Bellevue

This tournament doesn't have some of the big name teams in it, outside of Holmes and Bryan Station, but from a competition stand point, this field isn't bad.
kywldcat01 Wrote:The brackets have been released for the Lloyd Memorial Invitational, December 27th- December 30th at Lloyd High School.

Here is how the brackets are set up:

12/27
Upper Bracket:
2:00 Campbell Co v Beechwood (Tichenor Middle School Gym)
3:45 Newport v Deming (Tichenor Middle School Gym)
1:00 Lewis Co v Villa Madonna
2:45 Holmes v Pendleton Co

Lower Bracket:
4:00 Bryan Station v Cooper
6:15 Cov Holy Cross v Cumberland Co
8:00 North Laurel v Lloyd
9:45 Conner v Bellevue

This tournament doesn't have some of the big name teams in it, outside of Holmes and Bryan Station, but from a competition stand point, this field isn't bad.

You are being sarcastic, aren't you?
goodguy Wrote:[/B]

You are being sarcastic, aren't you?

For teams like Holmes and Bryan Station, the level of competition is no where near what they should be playing against, but for the other teams, this will be a very competitive tournament....until they run in to Holmes or Bryan Station. I don't see what's wrong with saying that.
kywldcat01 Wrote:For teams like Holmes and Bryan Station, the level of competition is no where near what they should be playing against, but for the other teams, this will be a very competitive tournament....until they run in to Holmes or Bryan Station. I don't see what's wrong with saying that.

Nothing wrong with saying what you said but I read it as you saying that the competition was good for Holmes. I agree with your above statement; other than Bryan Station, there isn't another team in the tournament field that would challenge Holmes.
goodguy Wrote:Nothing wrong with saying what you said but I read it as you saying that the competition was good for Holmes. I agree with your above statement; other than Bryan Station, there isn't another team in the tournament field that would challenge Holmes.

Sorry. I should have made myself more clear. I simply meant it'd be a competitive tournament for the other teams, not named Bryan Station or Holmes.
I look for Bellevue to win this one.
Does anyone know how the rest of the bracket pans out? What about later games?
qryche11 Wrote:I look for Bellevue to win this one.

They should. They defintely have the deepest bench and best size in the field. But don't be surprised if the Tigers don't hold back to keep from showing too much, saving it all for March.....
Heck on hardwood Wrote:Does anyone know how the rest of the bracket pans out? What about later games?

It's a two and out format. Winners move on in the winners bracket, losers play in the losers bracket.
Stardust Wrote:They should. They defintely have the deepest bench and best size in the field. But don't be surprised if the Tigers don't hold back to keep from showing too much, saving it all for March.....

:Clap: glad you caught my humor.

Holmes will waltz through this tourney.:1:
They waltz through it last year...this year is nothing different
nkysports.com will be bringing live video coverage of several games in this tournament.
Bulldogs are a sure favorite.