Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Allen Central beats South Floyd
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
they took them down in straight sets. Volleyball is so funny because SF just beat Belfry so one would think they would be playing with a lot of confidence but i guess not lol
True, this was all Allen Central after SF blows a 5-6 point lead midway thru game 1. I guess with Belfry's win over BL, you basically could throw these four teams in a pool and who knows what may happen
I'm not even gonna try and predict any more. Doesnt seem like any team is consistent. Should pull it all together soon, and some great games to be watched in district and regional tourneys.
It's a shame that 3 out of the top 4 teams in the region are from the same district. That means that 1 of those 3 won't go the the regional tournament. Too bad that Belfry doesn't have any close competition in their district. We'll see who can hold on at the end of the season. Betsy Layne is well coached, Allen Central usually falls apart about this time every year, South Floyd has got the desire and Belfry has tradition. It will be great watching the 15th regional tournament.
lovethatvolley Wrote:It's a shame that 3 out of the top 4 teams in the region are from the same district. That means that 1 of those 3 won't go the the regional tournament. Too bad that Belfry doesn't have any close competition in their district. We'll see who can hold on at the end of the season. Betsy Layne is well coached, Allen Central usually falls apart about this time every year, South Floyd has got the desire and Belfry has tradition. It will be great watching the 15th regional tournament.
I don't why anyone would say that Allen Central "falls" apart this time every year.It was the first Floyd County school to win a district championship and finished third in the region when the 57th and 58th was the 33rd District and the 14th and 15th Regions were the 8th Region.The Rebels went 22-13 that year. As far as I know, it is the only school to win 5 district championships, 5 Conference Championships (4 in a row), 4 All "A" Championships (two when it was an All "A" invitational),won the Southeast Kentucky Small School Spectacular , last year(went 3-1 in the state tournament), and won again this year.Since Colonel Maynard has coached them, they have had 20 plus wins 7 of the 10 years and the last four years has 26-7, 25-7, 21-11, and 27-6.The way it looks, they are well on their way to another 20+ win season. So, to count Allen Central out only shows this history lesson is past due. Allen Central is well coached and has a coach who works hard to promote volleyball in Eastern Kentucky and has established a program that is focused on the journey rather than the scoreboard at the end of the match.No matter how you feel about the Rebels, you cannot argue with the success of the program and the passion the girls have for the sport. The big yellow bus is cruising to state as we speak!
Congrats to AC for a well played game. Just goes to show that the district is one of if not the toughest in the region. Kind of like the SEC in football. :Thumbs:
Better luck next time SF
i've always thought they'd go far, and beating SF is a step up
Yea! dig, set, and kill. AC is still underated! Does all of these volleygirls come from acm? I think some came from back to back championships somewhere!
Allen Central shows why right now they have more confidence than any team in the region. It is anyone to win. You just never know, but Allen Central does have momentum.
Yes its a 4 team race any of them can win it. Instead of rankings i wonder who the best players are? I'll probably start a thread on it shortly and if anyone puts ppl on it that DONT play on those 4 teams your completely insane cuz no one else even matters.
u got to be kidding, right?
da_expert Wrote:Yes its a 4 team race any of them can win it. Instead of rankings i wonder who the best players are? I'll probably start a thread on it shortly and if anyone puts ppl on it that DONT play on those 4 teams your completely insane cuz no one else even matters.

This has got to be the most idiotic, Kanye West statement I have read on the internet. Congratulations you just won the Arrogant Idiot Award! Here's your trophy:1:
BumpSetSpike Wrote:This has got to be the most idiotic, Kanye West statement I have read on the internet. Congratulations you just won the Arrogant Idiot Award! Here's your trophy:1:

BumpSetSpike, I agree with you, although I do expect SF to be the dark horse playing for the title. No reason to make statements that are way out of line.
again anyone who thinks any team other than those 4 are in the running are crazy, say what you want theres nobody that woulda actually despute that and mean it
da_expert Wrote:Yes its a 4 team race any of them can win it. Instead of rankings i wonder who the best players are? I'll probably start a thread on it shortly and if anyone puts ppl on it that DONT play on those 4 teams your completely insane cuz no one else even matters.

don't try weasling out now - you said no one else even matters but players on the 4 teams (see your above post). And that is just plain wrong!

You should be put on restriction from posting such comments.

As a whole those are the top teams in the 15th region, but there is always good players on each team. Are you as dumb as you sounded in your post?:ChairHit:
ah, good players are all over, but the great ones bring their teams to the top. hence the retionale of my afore mentioned statement
da_expert Wrote:ah, good players are all over, but the great ones bring their teams to the top. hence the retionale of my afore mentioned statement

i dare say they would have trouble maintaining your elitist position at the state or perhaps against any game against sacred heart, mercy, presentation, henry clay, dunbar, etc., etc. shall i go on?

just when one thinks they are the best, they are only leading themselves to failure as they fail to realize others can be better. those 4 teams may be good in comparison locally but hardly compare to the better teams they will face west of them. why is that? Perhaps u can answer that da expert. a reality check indeed.

btw i can only imagine for what da is an abbreviation.
Zippidydoodah Wrote:i dare say they would have trouble maintaining your elitist position at the state or perhaps against any game against sacred heart, mercy, presentation, henry clay, dunbar, etc., etc. shall i go on?

just when one thinks they are the best, they are only leading themselves to failure as they fail to realize others can be better. those 4 teams may be good in comparison locally but hardly compare to the better teams they will face west of them. why is that? Perhaps u can answer that da expert. a reality check indeed.

btw i can only imagine for what da is an abbreviation.

Zippidydoodah we are on the same page, to add to your list Assumption which has won almost every State Championship with the exception of Sacrad Heart I believe in 2003 and 2008, no one else can claim such domination. Zippidydoodah I agree with you, there are other good team within that region, so let's wait and see.
Thanks for reminding me. I just couldnt remember their name at the time, but they most definitely should have been mentioned. It would be tough playing in that region, as only one of those top state teams can come out of the their region.
da_expert Wrote:again anyone who thinks any team other than those 4 are in the running are crazy, say what you want theres nobody that woulda actually despute that and mean it

Call me crazy...that's why they play the tournament every year. Seen top favs knocked off in first round the last three years.
Volleyball is such an emotional game...teams get on a roll and you never know. Some of these teams must get to the region first.
jackets Wrote:Zippidydoodah we are on the same page, to add to your list Assumption which has won almost every State Championship with the exception of Sacrad Heart I believe in 2003 and 2008, no one else can claim such domination. Zippidydoodah I agree with you, there are other good team within that region, so let's wait and see.

The regions are 6,7, 9 &10...Louisville & NKY. Assumption last year probably the #2 team in state didn't make it to the state tournament. Club volleyball is huge in these areas.

Here is a website http://www.ovvc.com/kivahome.htm to checkout on why they are so dominate....5 national titles this year.
Tin Cup Wrote:The regions are 6,7, 9 &10...Louisville & NKY. Assumption last year probably the #2 team in state didn't make it to the state tournament. Club volleyball is huge in these areas.

Here is a website http://www.ovvc.com/kivahome.htm to checkout on why they are so dominate....5 national titles this year.

Thanks Tin Cup for the web site (information) excellent!!! So, now we know.
jackets Wrote:Thanks Tin Cup for the web site (information) excellent!!! So, now we know.

The president/board director is also the coach at Assumption...nice pipeline there. What amazed me was the attendance--6500.