Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: C-J Ranking 2010
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thursday, September 10, 2009

Class of 2010 rankings

Ge'lawn Guyn and Ricardo Johnson are co # 1 in my Book! http://www.courier-journal.com/blogs/demling/blog.html
1.Ge-Lawn Guyn, Scott County, 6-2: He played this summer like Mr. Basketball.
2.Ricardo Johnson, Covington Holmes, 6-4: Johnson was named MVP of the Sweet 16 and Holmes will have a big-time shot to repeat.
3.Josh Sewell, Trinity, 6-5: Sewell has finally seemingly put it all together. He's already committed to Miami of Ohio and this summer was a beast!
4.Elijah Pittman, Covington Holmes, 6-6: He's so long and so skilled for his size. No scholarship offers yet but he's a player.
5.Chad Jackson, Scott County, 6-4: In the past year, Jackson has improved his all-around game more than anyone in the state. His shooting ability is getting there.
6.Dakotah Euton, Scott County, 6-8: Whew, he's taken a lot of criticism during the past two years. But Euton is still a tough matchup when he's on.
7.Elisha Justice, Shelby Valley, 5-10: If he was an inch or two taller, the colleges would be swarming. He's a fantastic high school player.
8.Donovan Gibbs, Iroquois, 6-7: Showed signs of special things this summer.
9.Thomas Jackson, Jeffersontown, 5-11: He just makes things happen all the time.
10.Shaquille Wilson, Christian County, 6-4: Must play better this season.
11.Keisten Jones, Ballard, 6-4.
12.Aaron Watts, McCreary Central, 6-2.
13.Matt St. John, South Laurel, 6-9.
14.Orlando Rutledge, Fern Creek, 6-6.
15.Curtis Washington, Elizabethtown, 6-9.
16.Josh Whitaker, Hazard, 6-0.
17.Deonte Maddox, Seneca, 6-1.
18.Colt Barnhill, West Jessamine, 6-7.
19.Jarrod Polson, West Jessamine, 6-2.
20.Delquan Thomas, Eastern, 6-1.
21.Ian Chiles, Ballard, 5-11.
22.Tim Henderson, Christian Academy, 6-3.
23.Vance Hall, Franklin County, 6-2.
24.Donovan Johnson, Shelby County, 6-5.
25.Jomari Bradshaw, Waggener, 6-6.

OTHERS TO WATCH: Tate Cox, Knott Central; Jeremiah Johnson, Holmes; Darnell Davis, Hopkinsville; Cody Miller, Knox Central; Cameron Hall, Glasgow; Quintrel Morris, Fairdale; Travis Johnston, Grayson County; Daniel Croft, Hopkins County Central; Will Evans, Lexington Christian; Mike Gabbard, Boone County; Clint Stepp, June Buchanan; Chris Richard, Southern; Zach McElwain, Seneca; Sean Samsel, Manual; Alex Foley, North Oldham; Alexander Nickolic, Manual; D'Carlo Hayes, Male; Caleby Harvey, Carlisle County; James Berry, North Hardin; Stuart Stamper, Knott Central; Andy Earls, Boone County; Jacob Russell, Anderson County; Cody Rich, Edmonson County; Demetrius Avery, Holmes; Steve Kowolonek, Highlands; Kevin Glenn, Male; Richard Kennedy, Jeffersontown; Terry Bryant, Franklin-Simpson; Brayon Mason, Hopkinsville; Jordan Shelton, Owen County; Daniel O'Connor, Scott High; Thomas Blakemore, Butler; Boomer Beckley, Shelby County; Bryton Taylor, Campbellsville; Shaun Udley, Fulton County; Tim Harrison, Moore; Jacob Rieger, Bishop Brossart; Chris Ulis, Elizabethtown; Dee Anderson, Greenwood; Cody Taylor, Fulton City.

A major sleeper: Taylor Maze, Bath County: A solid, crafty guard was injured much of the summer but a lot of smaller college coaches like his game.
A few thoughts:
  • Jeremiah Johnson not being in the 10-20 range is an absolute joke. I don't know where Jody has been all summer but there's no way there's 25 seniors better than JJ. The kid is probably the best rebounding guard in the state. He led Holmes in rebounding last year despite them having players like Pittman and Rico. Demling really dropped the ball on that one.
  • Orlando Rutledge and Jomari Bradshaw are both ranked too low as well. Those kids are both receiving high major interest but yet he has players like Matt St John ahead of them?!?
  • If Shaquille Wilson of Christian Co is a top 10 player, then this class definetly isn't as good as we thought. I think Demling dropped the ball on that one as well. Wilson performs well against WKY competition but as seen in the first round of the state tournament last year, when he goes against kids his own size with equal talent, he struggles. I'd have Wilson in the 15-20 range.
  • Lastly, I don't see how so many kids could slip in a matter of a week? Maybe JD caught some heat from some people so he decided to change things up? Sewell in front of Pittman is another one that made me laugh out loud a little.
Sewell is a pretty solid player. I think that he is deserving of his ranking.

I do agree with you kywldcat01 about Jeremiah Johnson not being in the top 25.
JJ from Holmes is Top 10 in my book! He does everything for Homles. He has always been underrated. I would put him at #10 in my rankings.
goldenrule19 Wrote:JJ from Holmes is Top 10 in my book! He does everything for Homles. He has always been underrated. I would put him at #10 in my rankings.

JJ has really improved over the summer and gotten better with every aspect of his game, especially his ball handling. Expect to see him run some point for Holmes this year as well. JJ isn't as good of a shooter as Rico, but he is definetly just as talented as his older brother in every other part of the game.

I guess we'll just have to wait and let JJ prove himself on the court. I agree he is top 10 though.

BlackcatAlum Wrote:Sewell is a pretty solid player. I think that he is deserving of his ranking.

I do agree with you kywldcat01 about Jeremiah Johnson not being in the top 25.

Sewell is no doubt a top 3 or 4 talent, but I just think he needs to become more consistent to be considered ahead of a player like Pittman, R. Johnson, or Guyn. I had the chance to talk to him personally a few days ago though and he is a great young man. I wish the best for him this coming season and fully expect him to prove himself on the court.
Sewell ahead of Pittmann is fine. No one said he is better than the other two. Also I'd have to agree that Guyn at this point after seein him over the summer is probably the best player in the state. But you can't go wrong with Johnson or him. Also JJ is top 15.
Does Pittman have any scholarship offers?
rojas Wrote:Does Pittman have any scholarship offers?

No....and unfortunately, it's doubtful that he'll get any.