Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: South Floyd defeats Belfry
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
South floyd beats Belfry 2-1, Game 1 23-25, game 2 25-22?, game 3 25-17. Pretty good match, both teams played loose, second meeting this year between the two and outcomes were similar in first matchup with Belfry coming out on top.
nasty upset....lol
thats awesome.... Congrats Raiders....
Congrats to the Raiders. No one expected the Raiders to win. If they keep this up, the the 15Th region could become very interesting. :Thumbs:
Good job Raiders
Congrats Raiders.
I wasn't at the game but from what I've heard it was a bad game. I heard that Belfry played bad, and I also heard that the line judge sucked, he made 2 very bad calls, that were out and he called them in, and then I heard that the fans were horrible. The vice principal was even embarrassed. It's okay though they have to come to Belfry. I think that Belfry will be fine come tourney time.
bigsis22 Wrote:I wasn't at the game but from what I've heard it was a bad game. I heard that Belfry played bad, and I also heard that the line judge sucked, he made 2 very bad calls, that were out and he called them in, and then I heard that the fans were horrible. The vice principal was even embarrassed. It's okay though they have to come to Belfry. I think that Belfry will be fine come tourney time.

Well i was at the game and Belfry did not impress me at all. I have seen several line judges that suck. Thats why i dont think a line judge should just be anyone from the stands. The fans cheer for the girls just like anyother sport, the fans try and get on the other teams nerves. The vice principal is young he will get use to it.
I totally agree that line judges shouldn't be fans. That is just asking for trouble, but I think when the line judge starts trouble after the game with another fan that's taking it a little far. He actually came in the stands trying to start something, that is something that the vice principal will not get used to not matter what his age is. That is bad sportsmanship, and it is just a volleyball game!!

Belfry may not have impressed you much, but that's ok because they will be just fine come tourney time. Don't count them out!TongueirateSho
bigsis22 Wrote:I totally agree that line judges shouldn't be fans. That is just asking for trouble, but I think when the line judge starts trouble after the game with another fan that's taking it a little far. He actually came in the stands trying to start something, that is something that the vice principal will not get used to not matter what his age is. That is bad sportsmanship, and it is just a volleyball game!!

Belfry may not have impressed you much, but that's ok because they will be just fine come tourney time. Don't count them out!TongueirateSho

Both teams are good and at any given night anyone can win, that has been wonderful to watch the teams in the 15th improve over the years to this level of play. I do wish something could be done about the line judges, not that they are bad but rather they have not had proper training. I never see someone come out of the stands to ref. for a football or basketball game although I have seen some people want too :biggrin: I believe SF is the sleeper this year, and the rest of the 15th better take them seriously
I was at the game and belfry did not play good an SF did play better than then did. and it really was not the fans that cause the trouble it was the line judge he made some bad calls but that did not cause Belfry to lose but you don't come up in the stands and get in a fight with a fan thats just being crazy and the man he was fighting with did not say anything about him it was another fan.
old11 Wrote:I was at the game and belfry did not play good an SF did play better than then did. and it really was not the fans that cause the trouble it was the line judge he made some bad calls but that did not cause Belfry to lose but you don't come up in the stands and get in a fight with a fan thats just being crazy and the man he was fighting with did not say anything about him it was another fan.

This should NEVER occur, sets a very poor example for our youth. Another good reason to have trained officials as line judges at EVERY official game not just tournament times.
Where was the game played??and schools have a hard time just paying 2 officials much less 4 and i've seen bad calls by officials too.just think in WV & VA they use no line judges
bigsis22 Wrote:I wasn't at the game but from what I've heard it was a bad game. I heard that Belfry played bad, and I also heard that the line judge sucked, he made 2 very bad calls, that were out and he called them in, and then I heard that the fans were horrible. The vice principal was even embarrassed. It's okay though they have to come to Belfry. I think that Belfry will be fine come tourney time.

belfry did'nt play bad! That's the best they can do.They dont have the coach to take them to the next level. Once they dig a hole they can't come out of it. Not taken away from the girls, but they need a coach bad!
No this is not the best Belfry can play. Belfry is a better team than this they've got a good coach just needs sometime to come together. They will be fine.
longhair33 Wrote:belfry did'nt play bad! That's the best they can do.They dont have the coach to take them to the next level. Once they dig a hole they can't come out of it. Not taken away from the girls, but they need a coach bad!

2 losses on the year and the coach can't coach? Get a life!
yea until belfry loses a region tournament nobody has any right to say anything bout them. myslef included
WOW, who knew what a loss would do to the Belfry folks. The excuses vary from an off night to a line call to a bad coach, get over it, you got BEAT! Had South Floyd not lost a late 6 point lead in the first game, you could have been home a lot earlier. I'm guessing SF used remote controls to guide their shots and cause Belfry's to hit the net or be blocked at the net to set the tone. Hey, use whatever works, as long as it makes you guys feel better. Good luck the rest of the way, God forbid you lose again, someone may get fired or have a stroke!
I think she is still searching for the right combo...she's young and learning very quickly. They are still short a starter from last year who is progressing...5'10" MB.
Best not to peak now anyway but start putting things together for tournament run.
One win does not a season make. One loss does not a season break. Both teams are still a work in progress. Both will be just fine come tournament time. As for the line judge calls. The lines on a volleyball court are considered "IN" where the lines on a basketball court are considered "OUT". If the ball touches any part of the line, it is considered "IN". That is what I was told by an official. This may help clear up some confusion by the line judges calls. No school that I know of in Eastern Ky uses liscensed officials for line judges during regular season. Not only would that put a big strain on some programs limited financial resources ( especially where it is considered a "NON-REVENUE SPORT" ), some areas do not have enough liscensed officals to go around dering game nights since most programs play on the same night. As a player you learn to accept calls and continue playing to win. :Thumbs:
WORM Wrote:One win does not a season make. One loss does not a season break. Both teams are still a work in progress. Both will be just fine come tournament time. As for the line judge calls. The lines on a volleyball court are considered "IN" where the lines on a basketball court are considered "OUT". If the ball touches any part of the line, it is considered "IN". That is what I was told by an official. This may help clear up some confusion by the line judges calls. No school that I know of in Eastern Ky uses liscensed officials for line judges during regular season. Not only would that put a big strain on some programs limited financial resources ( especially where it is considered a "NON-REVENUE SPORT" ), some areas do not have enough liscensed officals to go around dering game nights since most programs play on the same night. As a player you learn to accept calls and continue playing to win. :Thumbs:

I know license officials are not used for line judges in eastern KY for regular season games, but I look forward to the day with the girls' sport of volleyball is treated with the same equal status as boys' sports during the same time of the year. Although it may never happen, I do believe this would be beneficial, just my opinion. I also realize the revenue is not the same as other sports but should that be our factor? Do all High School football teams generate positive revenue? Perhaps they do, I don't know. My other point is using license officials should help eliminate any perceived biases.
Tin Cup Wrote:I think she is still searching for the right combo...she's young and learning very quickly. They are still short a starter from last year who is progressing...5'10" MB.
Best not to peak now anyway but start putting things together for tournament run.
Has she been able to practice with the team in some reasonable way?
Zippidydoodah Wrote:Has she been able to practice with the team in some reasonable way?

Injured...starting jv now
Congrats to South Floyd