Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Corbin 31 - Danville 14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final.
Congratulations Redhounds on the win.
I'm going to try and watch the replay and see what kind of team Corbin has this year.

Congrats Redhounds!
Corbin gets a quality win on the way to a matchup with North Laurel.
Congrats Corbin!!!!
congrats corbin
Congrats Corbin. I can honestly say that if there is a high school program in Ky I really don' like, it's Danville. They won way too many titles with boys from Boyle Co. Plus I love those mountain teams.
I watched the first quarter of this game and I just don't see how Danville isn't a dominant team. They have excellent size, speed, strength or at least it looked that way. Corbin just lined up and ran it down their throat and also mixed in a few play-action passes. Looks to me like Danville is underachieving.
Did Corbin bring a lot back from last year?
Stardust Wrote:Did Corbin bring a lot back from last year?

We lost almost all of our O-line, our quarterback, one corner, a reciever, and our fullback to graduation last year.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I watched the first quarter of this game and I just don't see how Danville isn't a dominant team. They have excellent size, speed, strength or at least it looked that way. Corbin just lined up and ran it down their throat and also mixed in a few play-action passes. Looks to me like Danville is underachieving.

I don't know for sure as I am not a Danville "insider" but I do live in the community. Rumor is that Danville is VERY un-disciplined and barely coachable. Coach Sam Harp has commented several times in the paper over the past two seasons that many of his players just lay down and quit when facing adversity. Danville is almost always "more athletic" than Boyle County but Boyle has dominated the series in the past ten years. I believe that a lot of it has to do with discipline and heart.
This is a battle I would love to catch sometime.

Congrats to Corbin on the win.
Corbin didnt play great but, the D was stout most of the game. Watkins was the show with 3 long td runs. They will get better and be a force like always come playoff time.
Why isn't Fritts getting more carries?
Fritts ain't back to full speed yet. He tore his ACL last year and they are easing him back into action. With Watkins and Taylor, Corbin is fortunate enough to have two great backs and that allows them to bring Ryan along slowly. He should be good as new by mid season.
Congrats Redhounds on a nice win!