Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kevin Skinner - AKA Chicken Catcher on America's Got Talent
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Kevin is from Mayfield, KY. If anyone has seen him compete what did you think?
I've followed him since I seen his audition. I nearly cry everytime I see him speak or sing. He's doing all this from his heart and its quite obvious and everyone in America see's it.

His first performance was the most emotional one though.

I think he will win this seasons America's Got Talent.
I don't think he'll win, and I don't say that to bash the guy, it's just that they have been stressing VERY heavily that they are looking for a Vegas-style act, and when I think of a show on Vegas, I don't think of a lone guy sitting on stage plucking a guitar. Is he good, yes, but that doesn't make him a Vegas act. With that said, America doesn't really vote based on that. They vote on who they think is the most talented, so yes, he has a chance of winning, but I remember I was absolutely stunned when Terry Fader(sp?) won - he was the guy that used puppets to sing, etc.

On another note, Skinner did not do so great this week. I thought his rendition of "Always on my Mind" was weak vocally. He hit a few bad notes in that song, and this season, with so many good singers, that could end up killing him in the end if another performer goes flawless.

He is good, his songs and style are moving, but I don't think (even if he wins) that he'd get draw at a Vegas show.
I hope he wins. I have really enjoyed his performances and maybe instead of turning him into a Vegas act, he could land a record deal. Regardless if he wins AGT now, he may still end up as a recording artist. He may not be a Vegas STYLE act but it might be cool to get some acoustic performances and him fronting a band in Vegas. They have country music shows all over TN where you eat dinner and see that type of concert show so it may do something in Vegas, or they could always just send him back to the mountains where people appreciate his talent.
I wish the KY boy the best of luck, and I hope he wins. Do I think he is the best, no, but would I be mad if he won, no.
At this point, even if he doesn't win, He'll get some kind of record deal. The labels have saw that a large majority of America has fallen for him and is rooting him on.
15th region slamdunk Wrote:At this point, even if he doesn't win, He'll get some kind of record deal. The labels have saw that a large majority of America has fallen for him and is rooting him on.

I agree
I'm not seeing it..honestly..Seems like a great guy, but you could hear that at any karaoke(sp) bar.
Everybody go vote for him right now to win the whole thing the finals just ended and tomorow is the results so everybody go vote for him.

http://www.nbc.com/americas-got-talent/v...ster.shtml
I voted 40 times for skinner. The results show is live Wednesday @ 8pm.
Yea my bad the results are Wednesday.
His performance tonight wasn't nearly as good as his others. His first performance was by far his best out of all of 'em.

Hopefully he'll still win it though.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:His performance tonight wasn't nearly as good as his others. His first performance was by far his best out of all of 'em.

Hopefully he'll still win it though.

I agree. Tonight's performance was the worst he's done. I don't know if it's because the producers want him to sing songs that don't fit his style or what, but nothing can top his first performance on the show.

Not to mention, "I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing" is a huge song with huge vocals from Steven Tyler.

From the huge reaction he's gotten I can see him getting a record deal, but I think Barbara Padilla wins it on Wednesday night.
I think so too. If she does win it, then the drummers win it.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:I'm not seeing it..honestly..Seems like a great guy, but you could hear that at any karaoke(sp) bar.

I agree with Simon Cowell! :popcorn:
Grandma Lee is soo funny too lol
Congrats goes out to Kevin Skinner:1: on winning the 2009 Americas Got Talent:worthy::rockon::popcorn::Thumbs: