Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Dixie Heights @ Simon Kenton 9/4
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Predictions/Thoughts?
Simon Kenton
I like the Neers in this one. Dixie hasn't faced a team yet that could match it's beef up front as well as it's speed at the skill positions. SK has both and plenty of it. I see Simpson leading SK to a W this week. Chad Lawrence looked really good for SK against Newcath as well. His passing ability should keep Dixie from stacking the box.

SK 35
Dixie 21
Simpson is hurting, and from what I heard last night may take off this week of practice. Dixie is for real. Without Simpson, I think this is a very close game, but still SK will be a tad better.

SK 24-21
Dixie Heights has been playing very well. I'll take them in a close one.
Stardust Wrote:Simpson is hurting, and from what I heard last night may take off this week of practice. Dixie is for real. Without Simpson, I think this is a very close game, but still SK will be a tad better.

SK 24-21

I hate to disagree with a fellow N. Kyian, but I have to disagree with you Star Dust on your statement that Dixie is for real. At least not based on what I saw of the Dixie Beechwood game (I have the tape). Yes I obviously know the result of the game, but I just wasn't impressed with Dixie's line play (the most important determinant of the game outcome in my opinion). They are big, I'll give them that. But they were very, very slow and seemed very awkward. In the Dixie Beechwood match up, big, experienced and slow did beat small, slow and inexperienced and made Dixie look artifically good in my opinion. I think SK will roll over Dixie because SK's line is not small, slow or inexperienced. Plus I think Simpson will be back at close to full strength. I will say that Dixie's qb looked very good. But he's not going to be enough to keep Dixie close to SK. Frankly I thought Dixie was going to look better this year than they did against Beechwood (and I'm not talking the score as I know they won big. I'm talking technique). Beechwood's receivers got behind Dixie's defenders on at least two occasions and had Beechwood's qb been able to get them the ball and had Beechwood not make several costly turnovers, it could have been a much different game. Just my thoughts and observations, which may be all wrong.
SK with the win
I think SK will have no problem with Dixie. They proved last week that they can play with or without Simpson. Powell will step up again if need be. He is a very fast and pwerful back. Not as big as Simpson but faster. Chad has shown that he has the ability to pass and Winkler and Carol can make the catches needed to win this one. Their line is fast,big and powerful and will just seal the deal for them.
Simon Kenton 20
Dixie 14
Should be a very good game. I'm picking Dixie Heights to continue their hot start to the season.

Good luck to both teams!
With Simpson at 100% I'd take Simon Kenton in a close one, but with him somewhat hobbled I'm going with Dixie.
Dixie comes back down to reality this week playing the Pioneers. SK has shown they have depth and lots of it. The passing game is very good and the backup RB's certainly can pick up the slack for Miles if he is limited this week.

Ryan Wilson will play a whale of a game in this one but the SK off/def line will control the line of scrimmage and SK wins this one by 2 TD's.

SK 27
Dixie 14
This will be a real snot bubble making game. Dixie/SK go for bragging rights with in the school distrist. Look for Dixie to pull an upset in this one. (if you could call it that, when these teams met throw the records out it's about pride.)
Without a 100% Simpson this game gets really close. I still think SK will wear Dixie down in the 2nd half and come away with the W.
Should be a good one. Will establish the top challenger to Highlands in N.Ky.
kypecos Wrote:Should be a good one. Will establish the top challenger to Highlands in N.Ky.

I do not believe either of these teams are better than Ryle. Ryle already took it to Dixie in a scrimmage.
sstack Wrote:I do not believe either of these teams are better than Ryle. Ryle already took it to Dixie in a scrimmage.

to hard to compare a scrimmage to a REAL game. many coaches use scrimmages to see what they can't do. This gives them a chance without costing them a win. That being said the Ryle/SK game will be a good game.