Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2009 Touchstone Energy All “A” Classic Volleyball Statewide Tournament
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
From what it sounds like this will be the very first all A state tournament for volleyball.
One thought comes to mind is this will give some of these smaller teams a chance to win a state championship.:Thumbs:
Looks like Russell is going to have a long day they're suppose to compete in the Ironton,Ohio showcase on the same day as the state tournament.
Any promotion of volleyball is wonderful.
Who is favored to win it.
How is 3A Russell in an All A tourney?
Statmaster Wrote:How is 3A Russell in an All A tourney?

I don't know but they are listed as a member school of the all a so I guess they have their way of classifying teams.

http://www.allaclassic.org
3a classification doesn't mean anything in the all a. It is based the schools size.
All A doesn't classify the same way as Football. They take a larger number of schools as they go up to a bigger enrollment. People confuse All A with Class A but if they only did the teams in Class A football, it wouldn't be worth the trouble as there isn't that many teams to do a statewide tournament. 3A schools in football now are not very large schools due to KHSAA using the 6 division format. Shelby Valley and Lexington Christian have won All A tournaments last year and neither is a Class A school. Sheldon Clark girls played in the All A last year and they are considered 3A in football.
Lexington Christian is a 1a school.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:Lexington Christian is a 1a school.

You are right. My error. For some reason I was actually thinking about Lex Catholic and they don't even play in the All A. Senility setting in.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:From what it sounds like this will be the very first all A state tournament for volleyball.

No, this is the second, last year's tournament was held in Louisville at that big Sports Complex. I went down with Owsley, and watched them play, last year they took the runner-up as well.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:All A doesn't classify the same way as Football. They take a larger number of schools as they go up to a bigger enrollment. People confuse All A with Class A but if they only did the teams in Class A football, it wouldn't be worth the trouble as there isn't that many teams to do a statewide tournament. 3A schools in football now are not very large schools due to KHSAA using the 6 division format. Shelby Valley and Lexington Christian have won All A tournaments last year and neither is a Class A school. Sheldon Clark girls played in the All A last year and they are considered 3A in football.

If you are in a class in one sport you should be in the same class with all sports. KHSAA needs to recoup. :argue:
The tournamet starts at 7:30 AM and finishes at 9:00PM. To reach the championship game a team will play 6 games in one day. In addition to the 6 games, some of the teams have to travel between Berea and Richmond. I think that this is a disservice to the young ladies involved in the tournament. No other sport that I know of requires that the entire tournamet be played in one day. This turns the tournamet in to one of attrition instead one of skill and performance. These young ladies expend a lot of energy in each game thay play. It is the equivalent of having the basketball All "A" tournamet played in one day, and that would never be allowed to happen.:yikes:
I agree.
GEEHAW Wrote:The tournamet starts at 7:30 AM and finishes at 9:00PM. To reach the championship game a team will play 6 games in one day. In addition to the 6 games, some of the teams have to travel between Berea and Richmond. I think that this is a disservice to the young ladies involved in the tournament. No other sport that I know of requires that the entire tournamet be played in one day. This turns the tournamet in to one of attrition instead one of skill and performance. These young ladies expend a lot of energy in each game thay play. It is the equivalent of having the basketball All "A" tournamet played in one day, and that would never be allowed to happen.:yikes:

All of the teams have to travel between Berea and Richmond I checked the brackets and didn't see one team that didn't have to go to Berea at some point in the day.
It shouldn't be a one day event and it shouldn't be held the same day as the All "A" State Golf Tourneys either! Bad scheduling on the part of the All "A" organizers!
Allen Central just won their pool. Four teams move into the tournament. Go Rebels!
Allen Central looked real good. Wins were 3 of 4 games against really tough teams!
Does anyone know who made it to the finals?
sohare Wrote:Does anyone know who made it to the finals?

It was louisville holy cross vs bethlehem i think but the khsaa scoreboard said it was convington holy cross but the bracket on the allaclassic website bracket didn't even show covington holy cross in the tournament.
Villa Madonna won region 9 which is the same region that Covington Holy Cross is in so I guess Louisville Holy cross defeated Bethlehem in the championship 25-11, 25-23
here are the results for the whole tournament

http://www.allaclassic.org/Volleyball/20...s%20P2.pdf

Louisville Holy Cross- State wide champion

Bishop Brossart- Bronze Champion
Congrats to the Lady Rebels for going 4-1.
It looks like Allen Central represented the 15th Region and Floyd County Schools really well. They beat the 8th Region Champs Carroll County 25-21 and 25-14. Then they played the 11th Region champions Lexington Christian and beat them 25-21 and 25-13. Their last pool match was against Community Christian Academy out of the 1st Region and the Rebels lost the first one 22-25, then bounced back to win 25-8 and the third game 21-18. They had to play Caldwell County, 2nd Region's champs, whose record was 20-2 on the season. They lost the first game 25-10 and lost the second game 25-19. Allen Central finished the State Tournament 3-1 on the day and have a season record of 21-9, so far.

We need to say congratulations to Kelsey Jones, she was named to the All-State Tournament Team.

It looks like Allen Central may have to cancel some of their remaining regular season games so they will stay eligible for the post season.

Good job Rebels and Way to Go Kelsey Jones!
Who all made the All-State Tournament Team team?
They've added the all tournament team for both championship division and bronze.
http://www.allaclassic.org/Volleyball/20...20Team.pdf
Congrats AC for a great show in the All A.