Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Franklin (TN) 31 Christian Co. 14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
FRANKLIN wins 31-14,thanks to 3turnovers inside there own 20 for CHRISTIAN COUNTY and a punt from there own 5yd line that went to the 12yd i believe,FRANKLIN is TN 5a state runnner up from last year...maxpreps and CHRISTIAN COUNTY preseason 4th overall in the state of KY, i was at the game if there the 4th best team in the state,i hate it for KY football...
Congrats FC
Christian County started the season with 2 high quality opponents. And I'm sure the preseason Top 5 ranking was part of the carryover from last season's success.
Westguy Wrote:Christian County started the season with 2 high quality opponents. And I'm sure the preseason Top 5 ranking was part of the carryover from last season's success.

Westguy Wrote:This game in no way should be used as a measuring stick. I'm waiting until September 18 (vs. Owensboro) and September 25 (at Trinity) to see what they are made of.

One post you say BG is one of 2 'high quality' opponents for Christian Co. and another you say you want to wait to see what they are made of after playing 2 other opponents. They have been to the state finals 3 of the past 4 years and have as good a chance as anyone to make it out of the west this year, which would be 4 state finals in 5 years.
Thunder Lips Wrote:One post you say BG is one of 2 'high quality' opponents for Christian Co. and another you say you want to wait to see what they are made of after playing 2 other opponents. They have been to the state finals 3 of the past 4 years and have as good a chance as anyone to make it out of the west this year, which would be 4 state finals in 5 years.

Looking at both posts separately, I see how you would think I am contradicting myself. Let me spray some Windex on the window:

1) BG is a high quality opponent for Christian County, for exactly the reasons you stated. They are as consistent as they come.

2) In the thread you pulled my other comment from, Stardust stated that BG is "for real". All I stated was that the game vs. OCath should not be used at a measuring stick. They need to perform well against Owensboro and Trinity to be "for real". And I defined "for real" as being a top 5 team in the state. They still have some question marks, but neither Christian County nor OCath exposed them. Solid teams like Owensboro and Trinity can, and I will see if they pass the test.

Hope that clears it up a little.
Thunder Lips Wrote:One post you say BG is one of 2 'high quality' opponents for Christian Co. and another you say you want to wait to see what they are made of after playing 2 other opponents. They have been to the state finals 3 of the past 4 years and have as good a chance as anyone to make it out of the west this year, which would be 4 state finals in 5 years.

And they'll still lose to Highlands...
hooaah Wrote:And they'll still lose to Highlands...

You are right of course, but better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all.