Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Class 4A, District 1 - Only 3 teams??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I may have missed something in my time away from high school football, but I know the playoff system has not changed. 4 teams from each district qualify for the playoffs. District 1 only has 3 (Lone Oak, Hopkins County Central, Calloway County). How is this going to play out come playoff time?
#1 team gets a bye in the first round
That's what I was thinking, but it still took me by surprise. The only reason I can see they kept it a 3 team district is geographic reasons.
Or political reasons
Now that I thought about it, wasn't Muhlenburg South in this district last season?

Due to their 'overnight' consolidation, it would have been hard to move things around quickly.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Or political reasons

Care to elaborate?
#1 seed from opposite district will get a first round bye. Consolidation of Muhlenberg North and South created the Muhlenberg Mustangs and are in 6A district 1.
They should have moved the smallest 5A team down from district 1 which now has 5 teams, but they didn't. Makes no sense to have 3 team districts.