Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lou. St. Xavier 27 Highlands 26 (Freshman)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This was played like a varsity game. The Tigers traveled up to Fort Thomas and dressed over 100 kids to Highlands' 42.

ST X took opening drive around 65 yrds on 6 plays to score. Then Highlands retaliates with Jac Collinsworth (Austin's younger bro) taking the kickoff 84 yrds for the score outrunning several Tigers. The Birds then jumped aheaa on Ben Streeter's 5 yrd TD run. ST X had a stud LB number 50 Clyburn. He was in on a ton of plays defensively. The Tigers scored on a spectacular over the shoulder catch on a tough throw. Tudor was the QB and I believe Jones number 10 was the wr. A couple turnovers on kuck returns gave StX the ball back and a short field. They jumped ahead at the half 20 to 12.

The Tigers scored quickly in the 2nd half jumoing ahead 27 to 12 for most of the 3rd qtr. Highlands put together a very nice long drive capping it off with a 6 yrd TD run by Colin Seidl. The 2pt cnversion failed 27 to 19. The Bird defense with 6 kids 2 way players held the Tigers a couple times in the 4th getting the ball back on their own 30 yrd line down with 4 min to play. They haf an unreal drice led by Jac Collinsworth picking up a first down on a long 3rd down. Faced with 4th and 8 Donovan Mccoy the Bird QB scrambled 10 yrds for a 1st dowb just across midfield to keep the drive alive. On a 3rd and long Highlands reachef into their bag of tricks with an option pass that covered 35 yrds from Jac Collinsworth to Luke Turner. Birds had 1st and 10 from 12 yrd line. A great play call on 2nd down a middle screen to Collinsworth got them to the 2 yrd line. Collunsworth punched it ib 2 plays later. The Birds tried a counter play and they came up short going for the win with 40 ticks left.
Schutte#1, Mccoy#7, led the defense for Highlands. The Bird offense is tough also led by QB Mccoy, Collinsworth at) and recievers David Christian and Luke Turner made some great catches during crunchtime.

Offensive line played very well also for the Birds. I expect the Baby Birds to contend for the Nky Freshman championship this season. Congrats to the STX kids for the tough road victory.
100 Freshmen? Unreal...
110 to be exact. At one point they brought in 11 new kids for the PAT. No real burners on the team but 4 different backs all had atleast 5 or 6 carries. They got a taste of what a 3A enrollment team can bring tonight.
qryche11 Wrote:110 to be exact. At one point they brought in 11 new kids for the PAT. No real burners on the team but 4 different backs all had atleast 5 or 6 carries. They got a taste of what a 3A enrollment team can bring tonight.

That is pretty impressive
:rockon: OVER 1OO+, thats insane!!! Looked like a crazy game!!! U know what? I would LOVE to see 5 time State Champions Alcoa T.N play our 5A POWERHOUSE FT.HIGHLANDS, that would be a AWSOME game for yrs to come in K.Y n T.N RIVALS, I would pay $10 bucks a ticket to watch that game!!!!!!
qryche11 Wrote:110 to be exact. At one point they brought in 11 new kids for the PAT. No real burners on the team but 4 different backs all had atleast 5 or 6 carries. They got a taste of what a 3A enrollment team can bring tonight.

Thanks to kywldcat actually taking the time to count when you sent me the email with their team photo. Confusedhh:

In all seriousness though, 110 kids on the freshman level is absolutely ridiculous. There's some teams who don't even have that many kids in their whole program.

Highlands will continue to be a force for years to come. Streeter, Collinsworth, and Mccoy are going to be tough for the Birds
BobCatFan29 Wrote::rockon: OVER 1OO+, thats insane!!! Looked like a crazy game!!! U know what? I would LOVE to see 5 time State Champions Alcoa T.N play our 5A POWERHOUSE FT.HIGHLANDS, that would be a AWSOME game for yrs to come in K.Y n T.N RIVALS, I would pay $10 bucks a ticket to watch that game!!!!!!

I agree as I saw the highlights of that game on Wkyt news. Alcoa QB looked very good and they seemed to resemble Highlands a lot.

Back to the frosh, I was very impressed with the Highlands offensive line also as they protected Mccoy well on rollouts and Mccoy can throw a shot for sure. He scrambled well and the rotating backs of Collinsworth, Seidle and Streeter seemed to be finding holes and accelerating well.

The Birds smoked 6A Male in a scrimmage and lost by a point to 6A ST X. I'd say they should do well in NKY starting this Thursday against Boone Co. At 6pm up at Highlands.
100+ thats insane!!!
qryche11 Wrote:I agree as I saw the highlights of that game on Wkyt news. Alcoa QB looked very good and they seemed to resemble Highlands a lot.

Back to the frosh, I was very impressed with the Highlands offensive line also as they protected Mccoy well on rollouts and Mccoy can throw a shot for sure. He scrambled well and the rotating backs of Collinsworth, Seidle and Streeter seemed to be finding holes and accelerating well.

The Birds smoked 6A Male in a scrimmage and lost by a point to 6A ST X. I'd say they should do well in NKY starting this Thursday against Boone Co. At 6pm up at Highlands.

OH, man it would be a FREAK of a game!!!!!! Alcoa brings 5 D1 players this yr, and well we all know about Highlands!!!! This would be a game folks need to look into 4 sure, talking about$$$$$$$$$ 4 both programs!!!!!!!!!!:rockon::Thumbs:
110?????
I'm stunned. 110 freshman on the team? That's more than the entire male enrollment at some schools. Heck, I played for Highlands and we only had 13 seniors on the team my last year. Those numbers for St. X are just astounding.
Which exemplifies the quality of football being played at Highlands when you take the fact that they may not even have that many boys in their entire grade let alone on a football squad.