Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Holmes 41 Lloyd 12
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Olden had 4 touchdowns. Defense played very well. Holmes linebacker are fast and they have a lot of talent. Good luck to both teams going forward. Holmes coach has some serious speed on defense.
Nice win for the Dawgs. You have to feel like they're going to have a lot of success this year with how much they return and dropping down to 4A.

Looking at their schedule, it wouldn't surprise me if they started out the season 5-0:

v Lloyd W 41-12
@ Bellevue
v Cooper
@ Bourbon Co
@ Pendleton Co

Holmes SHOULD win all 5 of those games and could wrap up a #1 or #2 seed if they beat Franklin Co in week 6.
Wow, nice win. kywldcat, you called this one
Stardust Wrote:Wow, nice win. kywldcat, you called this one

I was surprised people were actually picking Lloyd in this one. Holmes has some serious talent in their junior class and are VERY FAST on both sides of the ball. Oden is going to be a big time player by the time his senior year rolls around.

What's really going to help Holmes this year is the fact that they return I believe 28 (?) kids from last year's team. That's a big difference from the past few years when they were only returning around 15.
Congrats Holmes
kywldcat01 Wrote:I was surprised people were actually picking Lloyd in this one. Holmes has some serious talent in their junior class and are VERY FAST on both sides of the ball. Oden is going to be a big time player by the time his senior year rolls around.

What's really going to help Holmes this year is the fact that they return I believe 28 (?) kids from last year's team. That's a big difference from the past few years when they were only returning around 15.

I've seen them over the past few years (Campbell County) and just didn't see much football talent. Good athletes, but not good football players. It does sound like they have started to find a groove on the gridiron.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Nice win for the Dawgs. You have to feel like they're going to have a lot of success this year with how much they return and dropping down to 4A.

Looking at their schedule, it wouldn't surprise me if they started out the season 5-0:

v Lloyd W 41-12
@ Bellevue
v Cooper
@ Bourbon Co
@ Pendleton Co

Holmes SHOULD win all 5 of those games and could wrap up a #1 or #2 seed if they beat Franklin Co in week 6.

I know it's only one game and it's early, but you could tell they are a better team this year. The defense was flying to the ball and they made tackles. Englemon and McClendon where all over the field making plays on defense. The QB and Olden both had big days for the offense. If these kids keep buying in the sky is the limit. They have the athletes to compete in 4a. I think Holmes could sneak up on some people this year.
tezzy859 Wrote:I know it's only one game and it's early, but you could tell they are a better team this year. The defense was flying to the ball and they made tackles. Englemon and McClendon where all over the field making plays on defense. The QB and Olden both had big days for the offense. If these kids keep buying in the sky is the limit. They have the athletes to compete in 4a. I think Holmes could sneak up on some people this year.

Next week is a big test. If they can beat Bellevue, which always field a nice team, then they could have the confidence to run their record to 5-0. That's all these kids need to turn this into a special season.
Stardust Wrote:Next week is a big test. If they can beat Bellevue, which always field a nice team, then they could have the confidence to run their record to 5-0. That's all these kids need to turn this into a special season.

I hope they can keep it rolling.
Stardust Wrote:Next week is a big test. If they can beat Bellevue, which always field a nice team, then they could have the confidence to run their record to 5-0. That's all these kids need to turn this into a special season.

Holmes will run all over Bellevue. They simply don't have the team speed or athletes to compete with a team like Holmes. This was evident in their loss against HC. Nobody could contain his speed and Holmes has several burners just like Walker.

tezzy859 Wrote:I know it's only one game and it's early, but you could tell they are a better team this year. The defense was flying to the ball and they made tackles. Englemon and McClendon where all over the field making plays on defense. The QB and Olden both had big days for the offense. If these kids keep buying in the sky is the limit. They have the athletes to compete in 4a. I think Holmes could sneak up on some people this year.

Are you speaking of Christian McClendon?

Tyrell Englemon is a very good defensive player and could be Holmes' starting Qb as well. I guess he does have some pretty good genes to work with though. I believe he's either Brandent Englemon's younger cousin. I know he and B.E are very close and B.E was working with him over the summer.

And it's ODEN...lol not Olden. Come on Tez Wink

Stardust Wrote:I've seen them over the past few years (Campbell County) and just didn't see much football talent. Good athletes, but not good football players. It does sound like they have started to find a groove on the gridiron.

It's tough for Holmes to compete with the 6A schools in nky. They simply don't have the size or numbers.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Holmes will run all over Bellevue. They simply don't have the team speed or athletes to compete with a team like Holmes. This was evident in their loss against HC. Nobody could contain his speed and Holmes has several burners just like Walker.

Are you speaking of Christian McClendon?

Tyrell Englemon is a very good defensive player and could be Holmes' starting Qb as well. I guess he does have some pretty good genes to work with though. I believe he's either Brandent Englemon's younger cousin. I know he and B.E are very close and B.E was working with him over the summer.

And it's ODEN...lol not Olden. Come on Tez Wink

It's tough for Holmes to compete with the 6A schools in nky. They simply don't have the size or numbers.

It's another McClendon (sophmore). He plays linebacker. He was in the backfield the whole game. I know he is related to Christian. The McClendon family has produced a lot of talent for Holmes and Holy Cross.
tezzy859 Wrote:It's another McClendon (sophmore). He plays linebacker. He was in the backfield the whole game. I know he is related to Christian. The McClendon family has produced a lot of talent for Holmes and Holy Cross.

Especially in basketball.