Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Simon Kenton 29 - Newport Central Catholic 8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Without Miles Simpson, the Pioneers still dominate the undermanned Breds.
Congrats SK.

whats wrong with Simpson?
Strikeout King Wrote:Congrats SK.

whats wrong with Simpson?

Ankle sprain that he suffered in last week's scrimmage against Holmes.

Congrats to the Neers on the W.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Ankle sprain that he suffered in last week's scrimmage against Holmes.

thanks for the info.

how long will he be out?
Stardust Wrote:Without Miles Simpson, the Pioneers still dominate the undermanned Breds.

Didn't you say I was nuts for saying they would win easy with or without Simpson?
sstack Wrote:Didn't you say I was nuts for saying they would win easy with or without Simpson?

sstack, I've called you nuts plenty of other times as well :biggrin:

I definitely was surprised. Watching the reply now, and am extremely impressed with SK's athletecism. Good call!
NewCath 0 8 0 0 -- 8
Simon Kenton 0 14 7 8 -- 29

SK – Powell 16 run (Carroll run)

NCC – Kelly 13 run (Daunt pass from Hightchew)

SK – Carroll 9 pass from Lawrence (pass failed)

SK – Winkler 7 pass from Lawrence (Repka kick)

SK – Carroll 20 pass from Lawrence (Hiles pass from Lawrence)

Records: NCC 0-2, SK 1-0
I have never seen the Cornfield Spread work before and just saw SK on the reply score their first extra point from it.

Powell is going to be a stud next year. I don't think they will miss a beat when Miles graduates with this kid.
Chances are, the Simon Kenton Pioneers will not have to play the 2009 season without their star. But their backup plan doesn’t look like a bad option either.

The Simon Kenton football team proved that much Saturday with a 29-8 victory over Newport Central Catholic in the Skyline Chili Crosstown Showdown at Nippert Stadium.

Chances are, the Simon Kenton Pioneers will not have to play the 2009 season without their star. But their backup plan doesn’t look like a bad option either.

The Simon Kenton football team proved that much Saturday with a 29-8 victory over Newport Central Catholic in the Skyline Chili Crosstown Showdown at Nippert Stadium.

Senior star Miles Simpson, the player who last season led Northern Kentucky in rushing and delivered the Pioneers to a Class 6A state finals, played only sparingly Saturday due to a mile ankle sprain. His absence had little effect on the outcome.

“The kids we were counting on to make plays – after Miles went out – they did a tremendous job of figuring out that we’re a pretty good football team even without him,” said Simon Kenton coach Jeff Marksberry. “If he’s not in, somebody else needs to step up and make plays

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll...308290036/
Stardust Wrote:sstack, I've called you nuts plenty of other times as well :biggrin:

I definitely was surprised. Watching the reply now, and am extremely impressed with SK's athletecism. Good call!
Thanks. I just did not believe they were runnerup last year just due to one guy.
Sounds like an impressive win
congrats to sk