Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Dixie Heights 47 Beechwood 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone have any stats on this game and how beechwood looked? I also want to know what Dixie did to pratically destroy beechwood in this game. Congrads to Dixie on a big win and this win will only motivate Beechwood or i would assume it would.
Alright, I'm a firm believer that Dixie is that good! Wow, what a complete manhandling.
Very impressive victory for DH!
Beechwood came into the game without 2-way standout Zach Larimore and starting QB Matt Rigdon was injured early. Beechwoods defense was completely manhandled, about like what Danville did to them a couple of years ago. Amazing to think that Beechwood would be on the opposite end of a running clock game
Congrats DH
I expected Dixie to win but not by this margin. 6A teams should be 1A teams but we are talking about Beechwood here so I am suprised at the final scored. With that being said, they still are the favorite to win 1A.
Could be a very rough start for Beechwood.Might be 0-3 at the end of week 3 with Highlands and Holy Cross the next two weeks.As for Dixie,not ready to jump on the bandwagon yet.Beechwood and New Cath are pretty weak this year.Lets see how they do when they play some real competition the next 3 games in Simon Kenton,Conner,and Ryle.I think they will be 2-3 at the end of week 4.
Wow I think I may have really underestimated Dixie. Very impressive showing for the Colonels.
What happened to Rigdon? The Dixie folks I work with had been saying all week that Rigdon was all Beechwood had and they planned on getting to him early. I quess they were right!
Dixie Heights 14 16 10 7 -- 47
Beechwood 0 0 0 7 -- 7

DH – Wilson 53 run (Bronner kick)

DH – Haggerty 42 pass from Wilson (Bronner kick)

DH – Klei 1 run (Bronner kick)

DH – Leonard 10 pass from Wilson (kick failed)

DH – Wilson 41 field goal

DH – Menkhaus 68 pass from Wilson (Bronner kick)

DH – Wilson 32 field goal

DH – Pike 1 run (Bronner kick)

B – Vocke 4 run (Nussbaum kick)

Records: DH 2-0, B 0-1
The Beechwood football team on Saturday suffered the kind of crowd-leaves-early, clock-runs-late beatdown it’s used to dishing out.

Dixie Heights, ranked seventh in the Enquirer Northern Kentucky coaches’ poll, beat No. 6 Beechwood 47-7 in the Skyline Chili Crosstown Showdown at Nippert Stadium. The game marked the small-school state power’s most lopsided loss in more than a decade. (The Kentucky High School Athletic Association’s records only date back to 1998.)

The Tigers’ only score occurred with 12 seconds remaining, after the state’s running-clock mercy rule already was in effect.

“They dominated us in every form and fashion – every possible way,” Beechwood coach Noel Rash said. “They dominated every facet of the game.

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll...308290038/
Beechwood Merced ruled WOW
Shocking score and should really fire up and motivate all of Class A.