Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Knott Co. Central 40 - Lewis Co. 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final! Congrats KCC. Best of luck to both teams the rest of the way
Congrats KCC! Way to start the season! Ratliff had a big night for the Pats!
Stats?
Not a shock at all.
Hopefully Lewis County can get the number at the lower levels up and continue to take baby steps at the upper levels.
Ratliff 1 rushing TD and 2 passing not sure on how many yards. Bartum, Craft,Chaffins and Newhouse all had TDs.
Knott Co. Central 40 Lewis Co. 0

Lewis Co. 0 0 0 0 0

Knott Co. Central 6 14 8 12 40

Scoring summary:
K--Braxton Ratliff 7 run (run failed); K--Logan Bartrum 27 pass from Ratliff (run failed); K--Anthony Newhouse 3 run (Ratliff run); K--Brandon Chaffins 11 run (Kenny Craft pass from Ratliff); K--Craft 2 run (run failed); K--Jarod Watkins 2 run (no attempt).
Records: Knott Co. Central 1-0, Lewis Co. 0-1.

Kentucky.com
Congrats KCC
Congrats KCC.
Congrats KCC.
Congrats Knott Co.
Not a good way to start for Lewis County....Keep your heads up Boys.
Looks like another losing year for LC...... time to change something. How many years does this make now??? 20?
You are fighting more then a losing tradition.....
How true. But you would think after 20 years the good ole boys would stop listening to the Mommie and Daddy telling them how good their baby boy is. If your good no one has to tell anyone it shows. How many better players stan d on the sidelines while LC gets beat by 40 points. Every school around improves year after year.. they might have an off year every now and again..but good ole LC gets worse and worse... Oh well...
All this is true.... but i have a question for the coaching staff at lc...... in passing league over the summer they very seldom lost and finished 2nd in the end of june tourney, with all this success through the air, why try to keep pounding the ball on the ground when it fails week in and week out, year in and year out?
Makes no sense. There was players that showed up well in the passing league and at practice that are on the sidelines. If a kid can hit hard and catch the ball as coach I'd have them in the game regardless. But as I said oh well...... Bath can add a number W to their record. Soon every school around will want LC for their homecoming games......
No surprise here
This was the Hasnot Bowl. Neither has not been very good for a long time.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:This was the Hasnot Bowl. Neither has not been very good for a long time.

OK?
Knott Co Central will probably beat Middlesboro this year. That would be a huge win for those guys!
Lewis will never change their coaching ways. All suggestions fall upon deaf ears...you are all fighting a losing battle. If your son has talent get him out of Lewis Co and give him a chance, several have finally wised up and pulled their sons out of Lewis. There is one freshman we would kill to have and a couple sophomores.... maybe its time to start talking again..................
Question? Did any kid from JBS transfer to KCC so they can play football? I was just wondering. Good Luck Patriots the rest of the season.
IF things don't change and fast, we will be moving our son to a nearby school next year. We would hate to, but it will be in his best interest. We love LC, but feel like we are caught between a rock and a hard place.
ProudLCParent Wrote:IF things don't change and fast, we will be moving our son to a nearby school next year. We would hate to, but it will be in his best interest. We love LC, but feel like we are caught between a rock and a hard place.

I hope Lewis gets things turned around,I hate seeing Lewis with a losing season every year.
Lewis does not want to turn things around. Period. If they did they would have managed to have at least one winning season since 1989. Look how many kids have dropped out of sports in LC. Its a new generation. Parents are moving their kids to other schools with the attitude " Let the good ole boys have it" They have it alright and look where LC is the bottom of the heap. You can't count all the boys and girls that have gone to Mason, Fleming, West and rumor has it more will be leaving at the end of the year. Just makes Mason better and better half of their starting lineups are LC boys. Thank you LC good ole boys for making LC what it is today, Hats off to a job well done!!!!!!!
U are so right Truth Be Told. I am not saying that my kid is a superstar by any means, but he is too good to be at LC with the way things are going now. IF we move him it will be to Fleming County where we know that they would absolutely love to have him play for them. He is very talented in the game and we just want him to show what he can do and I am afraid it is just not here in LC. It makes me so sad to see that the same things are going on year after year and all it is doing is hurting each and every athlete that takes that field. Too many stupid penalties, no offensive line to block for your runners and no defensive line to stop the opponent.The boys are not even close to being physically fit to be able to play, too many missed tackles and prolly the biggest problems is one, the coaches are not on the same page and some kids think that they don't have to show up for practice.................All in all things are so bad for this program, even Rich Brooks couldn't fix it. This makes me sad, very sad.
What is this I am reading here? I 've seen people bragging on here about winning basketball and baseball championships...Had all these great daddy coaches doing AAU and other great coaches,weeding out kids so the best of the best will get worked with...Kids with unlimited potential and kids being too good for their own county...Some might even make it at UK... Now it's the coaches aren't on the same page,kids arent showing up for practices...And Lewis doesnt want to get better???So which stories are true?
We down here at Mason Co. think Lewis is doing a fine job in all sports..Thank you for the athletes you guys keep sending our way... You can rest assured the politics and glad handing does not fly down here if you don't believe me ask the ones who have already made the move...Thanks again ... See you all on the 2nd...
LOL. Ahh Skinner a guy after my own heart!! I take it you are a LC "get them out of here" kind of guy. Nope Mason doesn't have LC problem that is the reason there are district,regional and state championship banners hanging n the Mason County gym.. THEY want to win and doesn't matter who they put on the floor. Too many Daddy's rule the LC coaching staff. They had a decent coach in Combs but he didn't dance to the "good ole boys " tune so he was forced out. As far as the great Daddy coaches well I have yet to see them and as far as any being ready for UK well you know what they say about pipe dreams. The baseball championships were in Little League not the high school so I think what you read was just some "good ole boy"bragging. None of the rest of us are fooled we know the situation. By the way need a few more LC athletes in Mason heard a few might be heading your way.
Skinner Wrote:What is this I am reading here? I 've seen people bragging on here about winning basketball and baseball championships...Had all these great daddy coaches doing AAU and other great coaches,weeding out kids so the best of the best will get worked with...Kids with unlimited potential and kids being too good for their own county...Some might even make it at UK... Now it's the coaches aren't on the same page,kids arent showing up for practices...And Lewis doesnt want to get better???So which stories are true?
We down here at Mason Co. think Lewis is doing a fine job in all sports..Thank you for the athletes you guys keep sending our way... You can rest assured the politics and glad handing does not fly down here if you don't believe me ask the ones who have already made the move...Thanks again ... See you all on the 2nd...

um excuse me, but you call a 1-9 season that we had in football last year, "doing fine in all sports". Dude, how is that good. BTW, I WOULD DIE BEFORE I SENT ONE OF MY KIDS TO MASON COUNTY FOR ANYTHING, AND FOR THOSE ONES WHO HAVE TRANSFERRED FROM LC TO MC, THINKING THAT THEY ARE HEADED FOR UK, LMBO, THAT IS SUCH BULL. PIPE DREAMS AT BEST.
ProudLCParent Wrote:um excuse me, but you call a 1-9 season that we had in football last year, "doing fine in all sports". Dude, how is that good. BTW, I WOULD DIE BEFORE I SENT ONE OF MY KIDS TO MASON COUNTY FOR ANYTHING, AND FOR THOSE ONES WHO HAVE TRANSFERRED FROM LC TO MC, THINKING THAT THEY ARE HEADED FOR UK, LMBO, THAT IS SUCH BULL. PIPE DREAMS AT BEST.

Apparently you did not understand my post...It is good for us because we get good players out of the deal we are very happy with the ones that have come thus far... I never said anyone was going to UK... that is what I read on here... If you sent your kid here you would be signing a different tune... I was asking who was telling tales and who was telling the truth about the situation up there...It doesn't really matter keep heading them this way...We love to win...