Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: NFL Team Reports: Childress, Peterson Say Vikings Not Split Over Favre
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Recent national reports (ed. see here and here) have suggested the Minnesota locker room is divided, with some players backing QB Tarvaris Jackson and others behind QB Brett Favre. The reality is far different, based on conversations with players on the record and off the record. There's nothing to suggest there's any split.

Coach Brad Childress and RB Adrian Peterson said they didn't sense any widespread undercurrent of emotion in favor of Jackson. Jackson has friends on the team who want to see him succeed and have a productive career. That's to be expected because Jackson is entering his fourth year and has relationships with teammates. But there's a difference between friendships and business.

The players are on board with Favre, whose leadership and knowledge of the West Coast offense give the team its best chance to win. --Rick Alonzo

i think the team may actually be split because of this, im in favor of favre starting, anyone else have an opinion?
Little support' for Favre

What two knowledgeable NFL people described earlier this week as an "issue" in the Minnesota Vikings' locker room was described Wednesday by a third informed person as a "schism."

The issue is quarterback Brett Favre, and the schism is the preference that certain Vikings players have for specific quarterbacks.

Sources with knowledge of the Vikings' locker-room dynamics say some players believe Tarvaris Jackson gives the Vikings the best chance to win; other players believe Sage Rosenfels gives the team the best chance -- which is one of the new twists to this storyline.

The Herd with Colin Cowherd

Vikings DE Jared Allen discusses Brett Favre's impact on the Minnesota locker room. He says Favre's preseason start was surprising, but was appreciated by the team.

More Podcasts »
In the words of one NFL source, Favre has "little support" in the locker room as Minnesota prepares for its Monday night preseason game against the Houston Texans.

Favre, who signed only last week, struggled in his one preseason appearance but could easily win backers with improved performance and victories.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingca...id=4424660
I saw a little of this on Sports Center. So the players now feel the same way about Brett as the fans do? His support will be measured after the first four weeks of the season. If they are 4-0, the players will be buying him Rolex's
Looked like they were united pretty well to me last night! Still had some line issues but once the snap count is solid they will look better. I do predict a 4-0 start.
Hilbily Wrote:Looked like they were united pretty well to me last night! Still had some line issues but once the snap count is solid they will look better. I do predict a 4-0 start.

I predict a 3-0 start and a 3-1 after week 4. Thought you would slip that one by me didn't you??? lol
Love to see favre throw 5 TD's but, I want Rodgers to throw for 6. Good luck HB on your first 3 games.:Thumbs:
You mentioned the 5-6 td deal already pack! The fact is Favre is the only QB on the field that night capable of that feat. It shouldn't get that far, especially after Peterson bust the game open all his own. It will be a weird feeling being in your shoes. I would hate to watch my franchises all time QB hand the ball off all night in support of his former teams demise.
I just keep proof reading my own post with this hideous maniacal laugh coming from the darkesat corners of my mind.
Best move the vikes ever made in my book.
I can take that two ways i suppose? LOL! In the past i disagreed with many things they did. In the last ten years however they have made numerous advances. Alot of there player selection has been top's. We can never take away the Packer's past tradition and sucess but we can torture you well into the next hundred years. Hope you will understand!!!!!! It will be a great game 4 into the season and IMO the most viewed all season!!!
Amen HB