Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Racelands New Football Mantra
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Defend the R!:lmao:

LOL Thanks Raceland for picking up our slogan and defending Russell's "R".

Not that we needed it, but if we wanna take a long weekend and go to Greenbo, it's nice to know that the Rams will be patrolling Henry "R" Evans Stadium and Defending Russells "R".

Of course I may be mistaken. You may be defending the "R" in Raceland, but surely there's enough creative thinkers in Raceland and Worthington to come up with their own slogan. Something like, "Race to State". Or "Lets go undefeated again until it counts"!

Maybe it's for the "R" in District Title. But you didn't win one of those did you.

So again, thanks for defending Russell's "R".

:devilflam:devilflam One Devil for each State Title BTW.:popcorn:
They actually printed shirts for this and sold them!
Can any of you guys tell me the scores between Morgan
Co. and Raceland's 7th and 8th grade match ups from Saturday's games played @ Ashland Verity? :popcorn:
I was there for the Raceland 7th, they were up 28-12 when i was leaving with 30 seconds to go. Think they may have scored again off a fumble late but not sure. I heard Morgan Co. won the 8th grade game but i dont know what the score was.
DevilsWin Wrote:Defend the R!:lmao:

Not that we needed it, but if we wanna take a long weekend and go to Greenbo, it's nice to know that the Rams will be patrolling Henry "R" Evans Stadium and Defending Russells "R".

Of course I may be mistaken. You may be defending the "R" in Raceland, but surely there's enough creative thinkers in Raceland and Worthington to come up with their own slogan. Something like, "Race to State". Or "Lets go undefeated again until it counts"!

Maybe it's for the "R" in District Title. But you didn't win one of those did you.

UUUUHHHHH.......I don't get it. Please elaborate.
DevilsWin Wrote:Defend the R!:lmao:

What is your point? I really don't think anyone at Raceland really knows or cares what Russell's slogans are. Enlighten us.
I think his point was to come up with some original material instead of just borrowing from big brother.
FBALL Wrote:I think his point was to come up with some original material instead of just borrowing from big brother.

How original do think a slogan such as: "Defend the _____!" is I have heard many different versions, it's changed to fit the school, Raceland happens to begin with an R also. How about starting thread ripping UofL for having "Defend the Bird!" a few years ago or Russellville for having a similar name as Russell. We all know big brother is not Russell it is UK.
UUUHHHH.......Maybe we could put a big "H" in the middle of the field....Or maybe we could say something like......"Protect the capital letter at the 50 yard line." Or maybe we could get Russell people to quit talking about stupid things on the internet.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:UUUHHHH.......Maybe we could put a big "H" in the middle of the field....Or maybe we could say something like......"Protect the capital letter at the 50 yard line." Or maybe we could get Russell people to quit talking about stupid things on the internet.

:Clap: Couldn't have said it better
Jarons Wrote::Clap: Couldn't have said it better
You probably bought a shirt.:Clap:
How about coming up with something original instead of being a bunch of copy cats!

The creative Dept in Raceland is apparently not a bunch of deep thinkers.
Jarons Wrote:What is your point? I really don't think anyone at Raceland really knows or cares what Russell's slogans are. Enlighten us.
Oh yes they do. Apparently they don't care but they do know.

Ya'll wanna borrow our fight song too? How about our uniforms?
DevilsWin Wrote:How about coming up with something original instead of being a bunch of copy cats!

The creative Dept in Raceland is apparently not a bunch of deep thinkers.

You mean "copy Rams" Speaking of deep thinking. You guys can't even think of a way to keep the grass alive on your field.
DevilsWin Wrote:Oh yes they do. Apparently they don't care but they do know.

I would upchuck if I had to wear a Russell uniform. You guys look like a bunch of grapes running onto the grassless field.
DevilsWin Wrote:Oh yes they do. Apparently they don't care but they do know.

Do you really know what goes on at Raceland? When I was there, we knew nothing about Russell, except maybe their record, didn't really care about that. Are you that concerned that you had to create a thread? Really how creative is Defend the _____? It's everywhere. Change the letter and you have the particular school. That mantra is not exactly deep and creative thinking if you are to criticize Raceland for not being creative, look in the mirror yourself and criticize Russell too. So what is the big deal? Russell is not exactly the first school to have a slogan of that sort. BTW in case if you really want to know, you were the one who informed me about the T-shirts. To answer your next question, no, I do not want one either. Orange looks better than maroon anyway.
It is something that Russell has used for quite a while now. It does seem funny that all of a sudden that Raceland has adopted it in light of some recent circumstances. It doesn't really bother me, I just like giving you ams fans a hard time. How is that for original RAM-A-DEVIL? It still cracks me up, and the grass is actually alive and well and looked pretty darn good for the opener. You would have known that had you reclaimed your manly bits from your wife's purse and watched the game with me like you were supposed to.

Jarons, orange only looks better than maroon when it is picking up trash along the highway.
FBALL Wrote:It is something that Russell has used for quite a while now. It does seem funny that all of a sudden that Raceland has adopted it in light of some recent circumstances. It doesn't really bother me, I just like giving you ams fans a hard time. How is that for original RAM-A-DEVIL? It still cracks me up, and the grass is actually alive and well and looked pretty darn good for the opener. You would have known that had you reclaimed your manly bits from your wife's purse and watched the game with me like you were supposed to.

Jarons, orange only looks better than maroon when it is picking up trash along the highway.

We care about the safety of others.
FBALL our field ALWAYS looks better than a blacktop corner of the end zone at famed Ram Stadium.:Clap::thatsfunn
Fred Sanford Wrote:FBALL our field ALWAYS looks better than a blacktop corner of the end zone at famed Ram Stadium.:Clap::thatsfunn

If you haven't noticed......It's green at the games.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:If you haven't noticed......It's green at the games.
Well the worn out astroturf over the asphalt cornors is pale green.
I just thought the whole deal was stupid and somebody had to call em on it. Thats what I'm here for I guess.
You guys have EGO problems. I guess you are afraid some attention may go else where. Everyone borrows from everybody. Check out Wendy's $1 menu, wonder where they got the idea. Just some info, the football team did not even sell these, so you may want to get your facts straight.
FBALL Wrote:Well the worn out astroturf over the asphalt cornors is pale green.

It doesn't matter any way the evils aren't going to see the endzone anyway.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:It doesn't matter any way the evils aren't going to see the endzone anyway.

:devilflamOnly the middle of it.
Why so serious?

Sorry had a Heath Ledger moment there.

Most of us are just messing with each other.
FBALL Wrote::devilflamOnly the middle of it.

With binoculars maybe.:blabbermo
Ok I really don't think a saying on a t-shirt not even sold by the school is considered a new school mantra??? I do recall a few years ago a Raceland fundraiser included a shirt that stated Raceland Rocks, a few months later I saw Russell's dance team was selling t-shirts stating, Russell Rocks, hmmmmm???
And my other question is, being new to this forum, what does any of this have to do with middle school football? Just an observation.
disneymom Wrote:Ok I really don't think a saying on a t-shirt not even sold by the school is considered a new school mantra??? I do recall a few years ago a Raceland fundraiser included a shirt that stated Raceland Rocks, a few months later I saw Russell's dance team was selling t-shirts stating, Russell Rocks, hmmmmm???
And my other question is, being new to this forum, what does any of this have to do with middle school football? Just an observation.

I think you will find that we get off the subject quite often. This site is not quite as restricted as another un mentioned site. You can give your opinion on here and not get chastised for it or crucified for mis-spelling a word.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:With binoculars maybe.:blabbermo

That's only because you can't get a seat close enough to the field.....:biggrin:

I just couldn't resist jumping into the fray.
Pages: 1 2