Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Raceland @ Ashland Blazer Aug. 28
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
FBALL Wrote:Most of Ashlands history, which is great, occurred before color TV. That doesn't mean you discount it but it has been many decades since Ashland was the dominant power it was prior to "Leave it to Beaver".

we can agree there ashland used to be what highlands is today doesnt mean the glory days cant be recaptured and please do not take my comments as disrespect to the russell program it is one of the best easter ky has to offer
AHS86 Wrote:If were going for a history lesson let's start at the beginning Ashland was one of the orignal 18 members of the KHSAA way back in 1917. History is just that history but without that great history none of us would have anything to brag about, not Russell not raceland not Ashland or any of the other great teams in the state. Because that is what built these programs to what they are today. I cherish everyone of those wins . If it weren't for those 600 victories numerous state champions. Btw khsaa goes back to 1959 as far as I could see with there list of state champs starting with Lynch, Henderson, du pont manuel 1,2,3 A, Ashland has 2 championships 2a1967/3a1990 2 runner ups 4a 1972/1975 which I believe were called state at large championships because louisville had there own deal going onduring that time that was the begining of 4a high schools.

completely agree noone throws out notre dame's football history or harvard or yale and they have been basically irrelevant in major college football
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Thats right. The top five always had to play Beechwood in the very first round of the playoffs every year. That would be like if Ashland had to play Highlands in the first game every year. You know Highlands don't you? The 3A team that plays up to 5A Because The Red devils aren't enough competition for them in 3A . I believe they laid the smackdown on the Tomacats last year, and will do the same again this year. What will your excuse be? You can't use the mediocre Ashland excuse this year. We do miracles for a small school. We are the greatest school in the existence of mankind. Jump on the train and ride for a while.

i promise you will not here any excuses coming from me if and when we play highlands but dont just assume cause they beat us last year they will do the same this year
wow so boys and girls lets get back to the core of this conversation Raceland vs Ashland. I think this game will be close and I would want no less cause I enjoy a nailbiter more than I do a blow out (unless we're blowing out those **** devils :Clap: ) Though seriously I think ashland will pull it out but it will be a test for this team, but I believe they will pass it.
Ashland by 2tds.
AHS86 Wrote::****happe:eyeroll: I heard the school of the blind an deaf is looking for a first round playoff game maybe that's more what your looking for?? I'd say that's a sure winner! Winner winner chicken dinner. Or should I say winer winer sounds so much finer.

Maybe that's what the tomcats are looking for cuz they sure can't beat Raceland.
Kosar Wrote:Ashland by 30!

After that beat down your team got the other night I'm suprised you showed your face on here again. Like I said this game will be close. We are not Greenup.
FBALL Wrote:AHS86, did you get my pm.

Also yes we did get Ironton back on the schedule. About time. Things finally worked out where we could schedule each other again. Not that Russell has had much success agains Ironton either but it is a natural rivalry and one that should be played every year IMO.

Not if you want to build that house of cards record of yours up it;s not a good idea. If you schedule Ironton that means you guys won't get to fill your schedule with cupcakes every year.
FBALL Wrote:Ashland 34
Raceland 13

Where's the love?
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:i promise you will not here any excuses coming from me if and when we play highlands but dont just assume cause they beat us last year they will do the same this year

You won't hear any from me if Ashland beats Raceland friday night either. I just want our kids to fight claw and scratch to the bitter end no matter what the score is.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:After that beat down your team got the other night I'm suprised you showed your face on here again. Like I said this game will be close. We are not Greenup.
I'll be sure and remind you of this comment Saturday mornng.
RAM-A-DEVIL Wrote:Not if you want to build that house of cards record of yours up it;s not a good idea. If you schedule Ironton that means you guys won't get to fill your schedule with cupcakes every year.

we didn't fill it with cupcakes, the KHSAA took care of that. Russell's non district schedule rivals anyone in the area. Let's see, Russell has Ironton now, Simon Kenton the past two years, before that it was Portsmouth West and Wheelersburg to go along with the traditional rival of Ashland, Boyd County and Greenup County. During that time you guy have had the bakery deliver East and West Carter as the non district portion of your schedule to go along with Ashland and Greenup. Who has the tougher schedule? Looks to me like that house of cards is all aces. You guy couldn't even manage a pair. I raise.
AHS86 Wrote:We have had one really bad season 2 years ago 2-8 and 7-5 last year I would hardly call that real hard times. Three 9 win seasons before that. But thanks for the compliment (I think). As far as Racelands place? I think that is a really good 1a school that seems to be competing with everybody around here.

When I say hard times I mean exactly what you state. That is not the Ashland of norm. I could see Ashland running the table during the regular season. Now that is the Ashland we all expext to see. I understand bad years Russell just had one in 2008. It happens. When Raceland wins a State Championship then they can walk the walk and talk the talk. Until then they need to be humble. They may never beat Ashland again. Ashland is the premier team in this area.
Jeepman Wrote:When I say hard times I mean exactly what you state. That is not the Ashland of norm. I could see Ashland running the table during the regular season. Now that is the Ashland we all expext to see. I understand bad years Russell just had one in 2008. It happens. When Raceland wins a State Championship then they can walk the walk and talk the talk. Until then they need to be humble. They may never beat Ashland again. Ashland is the premier team in this area.

Yeah I see what you mean every team goes through them , although it seems like teams like highlands, St X, Trinty (well you get the point) rarely do. I think with the big classes of Kids we have coming up an the level of talent that is there hopefully we can stay right there at the top. Our Jfl exploded this year with just over 180 kids in 3rd through 6th tackle not counting k thru 2nd with around 50or60 not sure about that one. 7 th & 8th around 30 each an about the same goes for the freshman + loads of talent things look really good in TOMCAT land.
FBALL Wrote:we didn't fill it with cupcakes, the KHSAA took care of that. Russell's non district schedule rivals anyone in the area. Let's see, Russell has Ironton now, Simon Kenton the past two years, before that it was Portsmouth West and Wheelersburg to go along with the traditional rival of Ashland, Boyd County and Greenup County. During that time you guy have had the bakery deliver East and West Carter as the non district portion of your schedule to go along with Ashland and Greenup. Who has the tougher schedule? Looks to me like that house of cards is all aces. You guy couldn't even manage a pair. I raise.

:thatsfunn:Thumbs:
ttt
so where did everyone go maybe i am the only one who is going to attend this game LOL
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:so where did everyone go maybe i am the only one who is going to attend this game LOL

Shhhh! There trying to meditate....:lmao:Confusedhh:
Ashland Blazer,35-21.
AHS86 Wrote:so where did everyone go maybe i am the only one who is going to attend this game LOL

Shhhh! There trying to meditate....:lmao:Confusedhh:

playing to the ram god to not get beat to badly probably
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:playing to the ram god to not get beat to badly probably

At least you were respectful enough to refer to us as Gods.:theman:
I think that RUSSELL has more playoff WINS than any team around here alltime.How many does Raceland have?Russell played FORT THOMAS very close in those past playoff games.
oh yea tomcats by 4 touchdowns!!!
Pages: 1 2 3