Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Simon Kenton vs. Newport Central Catholic Aug. 29
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Game is apart of the Skyline Chili Crosstown Showdown... Gametime is 2:45pm.

Predictions/Thoughts?
Match-up of the 2005 NKYFL Super Bowl, when Chris Kelly knocked Simpson out of the game.

I don't expect that to happen this week, so I'll take SK by 3TD's
Simpson is already on crutches, so that might be more likely than you think. I've heard high ankle sprain and achilles tendon problem, but nothing definitive.
Can you dig it? Wrote:Simpson is already on crutches, so that might be more likely than you think. I've heard high ankle sprain and achilles tendon problem, but nothing definitive.

Will Simpson play this week? I guess he suffered that injury against Holmes Sat. in their scrimmage?
Simon Kenton
With or without simpson, SK wins by 14.
sstack Wrote:With or without simpson, SK wins by 14.

Wow, really think that? I just talked to Cain tonight, he will be ready on Friday night. NCC should be a full strength. If SK is truly without Simpson, their offensive strategy changes. Plus, who in the SK secondary can take up the ballhawking ability of Miles?
Stardust Wrote:Wow, really think that? I just talked to Cain tonight, he will be ready on Friday night. NCC should be a full strength. If SK is truly without Simpson, their offensive strategy changes. Plus, who in the SK secondary can take up the ballhawking ability of Miles?

Not 100% sure, but just have a feeling. I just think NCC is going to struggle early in the year. Hope I am wrong, I would like to see NCC win this one with Simpson in the game. No one can take over for Simpson, but they should have the numbers to over come him not playing if that is the case, although I agree it completely changes offensive strategy.
SK all day
sstack Wrote:With or without simpson, SK wins by 14.

Uh, no. Without Simpson SK becomes just another team like NewCath looks to be this year. That said, as long as that leg isn't flapping around or in a cast, he'll be ready.
SK.
Simpson will play...I think SK wins this one by a similar score as Dixie.

Simon Kenton 24
Newcath 13
Stardust Wrote:Match-up of the 2005 NKYFL Super Bowl, when Chris Kelly knocked Simpson out of the game.

I don't expect that to happen this week, so I'll take SK by 3TD's

If Simpson's hurt, it'll be close. If not, total blowout, more than 3 TD's.
kywldcat01 Wrote:Simpson will play...I think SK wins this one by a similar score as Dixie.

Simon Kenton 24
Newcath 13

Any word on Miles? Is he hurt?
Stardust Wrote:Any word on Miles? Is he hurt?

I'll get confirmation tomorrow, but from what I hear he'll be suited up Friday night and ready to go.
Just finished a conversation regarding the direction of NCC for the remainder of the year. It has been decided at this point to keep the Sopohomore Hightchew at QB and move Cain to an H back. That puts Hightchew and Kelly in the backfield out of the shotgun and Cain will be used as a motion guy. What this does is put a QB with no experience at the position, but a player with a tremendous upside. Cain will now be able to go back to Defense which will be much needed this weekend. I think NCC will take their lumps over the next few weeks until the make the adjustment, but they will now be setting themselves up with a tremendous ground attack come playoff time.
Miles should be playing this weekend. But I agree that SK can win this game without Miles. They learned last year that the can not focus the whole team one just Miles and have made the adjustments needed to do this.
Simon Kenton will win this game big. Simpson is to tough for New Cath to control. I look for SK to go deep in the playoffs again.