Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Knox Central vs. North Laurel Aug. 29
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Part of the Cumberland Valley Bowl... gametime 5:30pm @ South Laurel.

Predictions/Thoughts?
Im going with KC because after the lose friday i think that coach Mills
and staff will make some big changes and they will be ready and get the WIN .
I'll take North Laurel at home in a close game 21-18
The game is not at North Laurel. The game will be played at South Laurel.
rojas Wrote:The game is not at North Laurel. The game will be played at South Laurel.

The KHSAA website said at NL, but I'll change it.

North Laurel did knock off Pulaski County this past Friday and Knox Central was defeated by Somerset so who knows how this one will go, but I'll take the Jags by a touchdown.

Best of luck to both!
A month ago and I would have stated it would be a sure win for Knox Central but now I have to give North Laurel a slight edge in this one.
Jags in a close one.
From what I saw Friday night, KC will have a hard time controllinf the NL running back. He has explosive speed, and this seems to be a weakness of KC.
bearhunter Wrote:From what I saw Friday night, KC will have a hard time controllinf the NL running back. He has explosive speed, and this seems to be a weakness of KC.

I can agree with this. NL's back (forgot his name) is one of the most underrated players in the Mountains.
I am not sure how to spell it. I believe it is Wardrup or Wardruf. I agree he is underrated
I would assume Wayne is going to have his boys doing a lot of drills on breaking down and making a tackle. If they can improve on last weeks loss and keep Wardrup in check, I expect KC to bounce back and get the 1st win of the season. Should be a great game, however, I think something along the lines of 28-21 KC. Anybody have any info on what kind of offense NL runs?
North's offense looked fantastic Friday night. The NL defense needs tons of work.
North may have the best team they had In a while. And their running back is underrated. But I know KC doesnt want to start the season 0-2. So this should be a great game. Not sure who to give the edge to.
North Laurel in a close one
Knox in a nail biter.
NL will pick up a win in this battle as long as they show up.
knox defends the run well. its the pass that beats them. they had 3 dropped interceptions on somersets first drive the other night. that was where they lost.
I take knox in this.Knox running backs will be to much.
bump
kymom Wrote:I take knox in this.Knox running backs will be to much.

I don't think that is the case. Their backs really did not look good against Somerset. Barger kept them in it. Canady also look good.
I agree with you William Muney. There was only a few players that played hard. I believe that if Knox plays up to there potiential, they could win by as many as 2 td's. If not, it could be a long night as well the rest of the season for the panther's.
I believe Knox will be a little more prepared for this game with a little experience under their belt. I look for them to maybe get Jefferey Canady a little more involved in the offense, slowly accustoming him to the high school level.
KC gets back on track against the Jags.
North Laurel 21-16.
Knox what has happened. Best player on this team may be a freshmen #4. Offense very weak. Play calling ...who is doing that? Better have a heart to heart with the assistant coaches.