Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: East Ridge vs. Phelps Aug 28.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ill take Phelps!!!!!!

Hornets are gonna be 2-0
Coach Peck is doing an awesome job.

28-20
Tpx_Slugger Wrote:People actually dont relize that Phelps has turned into a really good ball team, i mean they beat Jenkins 44-14. The only thing that they really need to work on is the flag's they got about 5-8 flags in that one game. That could make or break a team. I'm going to go in favor with Phelps on this one.

Have you seen the Jenkins team this year? Not trying to put down any of the kids at Jenkins, but Jenkins is by no means the same caliber team as East Ridge. My junior high JV team could have beat Jenkins this year, so i really wouldnt be bragging so much about that win. I do think this will be a good game though. But don't really care who wins!
Since it is the first game of the night, I am going to pick Phelps with their first Pike County Bowl Win!!! Seems to all fit together!!!
phs1986 Wrote:Talk about someone hangin on both sides of the fence!! LOLOL....

who are you going with ms.phelps,lol
like to see phelps pull this one out, but maybe it will be close.but i say east ridge wins
VoR_58 Wrote:Have you seen the Jenkins team this year? Not trying to put down any of the kids at Jenkins, but Jenkins is by no means the same caliber team as East Ridge. My junior high JV team could have beat Jenkins this year, so i really wouldnt be bragging so much about that win. I do think this will be a good game though. But don't really care who wins!

This is something I dont think alot of people are thinking about. Phelps beat Jenkins, hey good for them! Its a great win for Coach Peck and his Hornets. But by no means does this win over the Cavs mean they will beat East Ridge. Honestly East Ridge would absloutly destroy Jenkins, (No disrespect meant there towards the Cavs) But its true. I think the reason the majority of the people say Phelps wil beat ER is because there 1-0 while ER is still 0-0. It takes alot more then that win over Jenkins folks too make you better the this new East Ridge team. Either way I'll be in the stands of this game watching both my friends Brad and Jesse coach aganist one another. Good Luck too both and there teams!
I seen game film today on east ridge and they ant so good as some ppl say,,Phelps is got a much bigger line than er so that may be a big thing for the hornets in this game..Phelps should do good we are ready for er..
phelpsboy81 Wrote:I seen game film today on east ridge and they ant so good as some ppl say,,Phelps is got a much bigger line than er so that may be a big thing for the hornets in this game..Phelps should do good we are ready for er..

Bigger lineman doesnt really mean alot unless they have good technique, fire off the ball, are decently strong, and go hard every play. I mean just a big fat kid thats out there on the field dont get much accomplished. I wish them the best though.

This also applies to ER, but I would guess they are a little bit stronger since I have heard that East Ridge had a great weightlifting off-season.
From my understanding Phelps has had some weightlifting this summer as well. Hopefully, all young men will come out unharmed, unhurt, and ready to learn more after this game!!! (WIN OR LOSE)
I think ER's just getting a big head.
Never,by any circumstances,underestimate a team.
phelps
i seen er play against powell county and i was very impressed in there running game but there d wasnt to good but i still think if they get there running game goin they will win by mmm 2 or 3 td's!
VoR_58 Wrote:Bigger lineman doesnt really mean alot unless they have good technique, fire off the ball, are decently strong, and go hard every play. I mean just a big fat kid thats out there on the field dont get much accomplished. I wish them the best though.

This also applies to ER, but I would guess they are a little bit stronger since I have heard that East Ridge had a great weightlifting off-season.

a bigger line dont mean anything u got to look at the speed and strength as well not only size..and er has some pretty strong and fast lineman so don be fooled about size!
ER by a cpl TD's
if phelps plays like they can they can come out with the win. their defense is looking good.
Phelps is so ready for this game,,man its going to be a good game but i say phs should win..
East Ridge is a lot diff.. from last year for example they dont give up they keep on playing and that was a very big problem ER had last year so they may use that as an advantage in the pcb and in regular season.
Real Badman Wrote:This is something I dont think alot of people are thinking about. Phelps beat Jenkins, hey good for them! Its a great win for Coach Peck and his Hornets. But by no means does this win over the Cavs mean they will beat East Ridge. Honestly East Ridge would absloutly destroy Jenkins, (No disrespect meant there towards the Cavs) But its true. I think the reason the majority of the people say Phelps wil beat ER is because there 1-0 while ER is still 0-0. It takes alot more then that win over Jenkins folks too make you better the this new East Ridge team. Either way I'll be in the stands of this game watching both my friends Brad and Jesse coach aganist one another. Good Luck too both and there teams!

excelent point Real Badman couldnt have said it better myself:Thumbs:
Phelps has this game.
Phelps should do ok playing a 3A school lol..
stiltner is back he can make big thing happen on ol/dl
East Ridge,35-7.
East Ridge-28
Phelps-14
I heard East Ridge was terrible. Powell lost a Ton from last year and scored 4 or 5 times on them. Betsy Layne shut them out in a their scrimmage vs. East Ridge.
phelps in a close 1....:Clap:
Pages: 1 2