Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paintsville @ Prestonsburg Aug. 28
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hawg laig Wrote:P-burg by 18 points. I look for Derosett to get his entire squad adequate playing time in this game to prepare everyone for the road ahead.
I agree with this. I don't think the score will be a complete run away because P-burg will probably experiment a little bit considering they have Breathitt Co. coming up next week. They will find some things they think might or might not work.

As far as the entire squad getting adequate playing time, they already do seeing as to how only 28 kids are on the roster.
OldTymer Wrote:If Prestonsburg can score 100 points I wouldn't be surprised to see it.

I am with Old Tymer Blackcats by ever how many they want to win by...Big Blowout.
BCF4L Wrote:I agree with this. I don't think the score will be a complete run away because P-burg will probably experiment a little bit considering they have Breathitt Co. coming up next week. They will find some things they think might or might not work.

As far as the entire squad getting adequate playing time, they already do seeing as to how only 28 kids are on the roster.

Yeah, I can see this as well. I think that Prestonsburg will start out fast in the 1st and get a comfortable lead where they can experiment. 28-42 points is the most they MAY score, but majority would be in the 1st quarter.
Old_Trojan Wrote:I am with Old Tymer Blackcats by ever how many they want to win by...Big Blowout.

That's a pretty bold statement. Just because they beat Belfry doesn't mean they are world beaters. That wasn't your typical Belfry team. How many Belfry teams have you seen fumble the exchange between the QB and RB, and they did that more than once. I'm not takin anything away from Pburg, I think Michael Burchett is gonna take them a long way this year with this offense. Paintsville might have got beat like a drum against LC, but IMO LC may win 8 games this year. They are hungry and have alot of senior leadership. Paintsville moved the ball well, their defense is what killed them.
Watching paintsville they don't look like a bad team at all, I dont see how they got beat that bad against LC. But pburg by double digits in this one
Paintsville has some athletes and they can move the ball. The defense just needs to step up. Maybe their pass defense will be better than their run defense.
I agree that LC will have an excellent season, and I also agree that Paintsville is a good football team, but I think P-burg with their new offensive look, and attacking defense will make the difference.
The only scary part is that P-burg is one injury away from diaster on every play. They must stay healthy!
Redneck Wrote:That's a pretty bold statement. Just because they beat Belfry doesn't mean they are world beaters. That wasn't your typical Belfry team. How many Belfry teams have you seen fumble the exchange between the QB and RB, and they did that more than once. I'm not takin anything away from Pburg, I think Michael Burchett is gonna take them a long way this year with this offense. Paintsville might have got beat like a drum against LC, but IMO LC may win 8 games this year. They are hungry and have alot of senior leadership. Paintsville moved the ball well, their defense is what killed them.

Actually quite a few! Two years ago when Belfry made it to the state championship what cost them the game was fumbles! so just because they turn the ball over a few time dont mean there a bad team! So give PBurg a little credit they beat a good football team. And i look for them to hand it to Paintsille. 63-20
This will be easy for P-Burg
hawg laig Wrote:I agree that LC will have an excellent season, and I also agree that Paintsville is a good football team, but I think P-burg with their new offensive look, and attacking defense will make the difference.
The only scary part is that P-burg is one injury away from diaster on every play. They must stay healthy!

I have a ton of respect for the P'Burg program but that team ( as stated above ) is one injury away from their entire season being shot..after seeing them in a scrimmage format and reading about them on here I say that if ANYTHING as in a high ankle sprain or a torn ACL occurs to Burchett then the Blackcats will be in trouble...I hope that doesnt occur because I'd love to see P'Burg go deep in the playoffs...
If the Blackcats come out and just stick with their game plan. Should be and easy win for PBurg.
On the WYMT Pigskin Preview Derosett evensaid he needed to stay injury free to have a sucessful season.

Burchett is a key to the offense, but the loss of McKinney, Craynon, or any of the starting offensive lien could have devastating results for P-burg.

P-burgs O-line looked fantastic against Belfy. Not huge, but strong and quick. Big holes for running and Burchett rarely had to rush a pass.
hawg laig Wrote:On the WYMT Pigskin Preview Derosett evensaid he needed to stay injury free to have a sucessful season.

Burchett is a key to the offense, but the loss of McKinney, Craynon, or any of the starting offensive lien could have devastating results for P-burg.

P-burgs O-line looked fantastic against Belfy. Not huge, but strong and quick. Big holes for running and Burchett rarely had to rush a pass.

I hope & pray that Prestonsburg stays injury free! That's why I don't like seeing Michael running the ball. He is so valuable and if he goes down (much like you said) it would be a devasting loss for Prestonsburg as a team. Sophomore Adam Crisp is the back up behind Michael and he's a pretty good one, but no way he could run that offense as well as Michael could.
I saw Michael on defense against Belfry as well and it scared the crap out of me. In no way, shape, or form would I have Burchett on defense.
BCF4L Wrote:I saw Michael on defense against Belfry as well and it scared the crap out of me. In no way, shape, or form would I have Burchett on defense.

He was only in for the last series as a "safety" safety.
Picked off the pass to seal the deal if I remember correctly !
canoeman06 Wrote:Picked off the pass to seal the deal if I remember correctly !
He did, but anything can happen. The pass could have been completed and then get blindsided. Too big of a risk I think.
Prestonsburg
Pages: 1 2