Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Middlesboro @ Letcher Co. Central Aug. 28
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Letcher Co Central is a good team. Middlesboro is struggling and will continue throughout the season.

LCC 28
Middlesboro 7
I'll take Letcher Central in this one. M'boro looks to have some improving to do along with Letcher, but Letcher is just a step or so ahead of M'boro right now.

Best of luck to both!
You love to bash Middlesboro, don't you BellCoBobcats09? :biggrin:

Should be another tough game for the Jackets. I picked them to beat Green County and I was wrong. Should be another tough game throwing for Roark as the Cougars are tougher than the Green County team he faced in his first game of the season. I'll buy the Cougars by around three TD's.

Good luck to both teams!
I know alot about Middlesboro and they lost alot last year. Hunter Adams was a man among himself and they will hurt BIG TIME not having him. Dressing only 30 players also hurts. Not bashing just stating the facts. Until Roark is removed they will keep declining as a GREAT PROGRAM like they use to be. I would love to see all teams from Bell Co win but Middlesboro just doesnt have it anymore. Which is sad because they had almost built a powerhouse there late 90's and early 2000's.
Middlesboro has a Mystique though!
If Roark does not have a better game than he did against a suspect GC secondary, MHS will have trouble winning against descent teams this year. He threw 25 times Friday night and completed 7 with one INT. He did have 100+ yrds rushing though.
Brahma...M'boro has struggled to beat fair teams since Kenny has been the coach. They have had no chance against good teams. The years that they did face good teams and lost are years that the Jackets should have walked over the teams they lost to. Its really sad to see the state of the M'boro program. But the problem is Roark doesn't care he will step down as soon as he see's to it his kid starts all 4 years. The administration unlike years going all the way back to the 1920's and 1930's don't care and the lack of winning for so long has seen the town to loose intrest in the program. The Jackets will win a few this year and maybe a few over the next couple of years and then they will have a chance to hire a coach to rebuild but as disintrested as the whole community is I would doubt that they will go after anyone that is a quality coach. What's a shame is Kenny actually thinks he is doing a good job as the coach and thinks he will go down as one of if not the best m'boro coaches of all time, when the truth is he will always be recalled as the man that destroyed a quality football program.
Cougars by 2 touchdowns.
AMEN Blue12!!! Roark just sucks. Middlesboro thinks he is doing a great job but I guess win you win 8 games a year out of 12 hes doing fine in there terms. I remember the days when Middlesboro would win 10+ games a year and atleast win District. Since the 98 State Championship team Middlesboro should had won in 99, 02, and 04 State Championships and didnt becuase of Roark. Now days Middlesboro resident kids are now playing at Bell High and I dont blame them. Bell is the better football program in the county now. and has been since about 1985. I think Jesse Allen should be the new coach. The guy knows how to coach!
Middlesboro wasn't very good for several years before Roark arrived. They got better when he took over.
LCC by 3 TD's
atlanta Wrote:Middlesboro has a Mystique though!

Letcher Central doesn't seem to be affected by the mystique of teams that the pre-consolidation Letcher County schools were. LCC is slowly developing a mystique of their own due to them developing winning programs in every sport and they have only been in existence five years.
Letcher Central.
Lcc by 2 td's
Cougars!
Cougars need to get it together and blast this team! They need to send a message to their district!
Letcher wins
Hilbily Wrote:Cougars need to get it together and blast this team! They need to send a message to their district!

Very good point, I'll say LCC 21 M'boro 6
It needs to be more decisive than that. We need a 40 something to 6 game. Early on with all the hype i was worried about the defense! After this past game its the offense im worried about.
The question is about how bad the line was in that game last week. How many times did we get in the red zone or close to it and the line just didn't give a hole for the backs to go in. If they are going to get better that line up front has to start playing better. The defense was awesome but the o-line does need some work. The schedule is in there favor to get better before belfry or the district games.
They better be ready or Belfry will lay it on them. Even if Belfry is down alot LCC can't overlook them. Every time the Pirates take the field they are out to impress and better than the last game.
Brooks4Prez Wrote:Very good point, I'll say LCC 21 M'boro 6

It should be a wider margin.Middlesboro may be weaker then South Laurel. You never know, Letcher Central better be ready to play.
Letcher County Central
Letcher by 3tds.
LCC-44
M-Boro-13
This one could get ugly! I think Middlesboros QB went 6 for 27 and a INT last week against a so so Green Co team. I might want to change my prediction later maybe something around this score.

LCC 42
Middlesboro 7
Cougar after the first quarter the line did dominate SL. I think they were nervous like everyone else. You act like Logan is a God and every mistake was the lines. Logan is a sophmore, he makes mistakes just like every one else. At times the line looks bad because of holding the ball too long. This happened more than once. Logan is a great potential and even greater kid but lets not blame everything that happens on the line. They are young as well. Yes they made mistakes but they did manage to score 5 touchdowns the other night. Looked to me like they wore SL down...........LCC by 28.
Good luck to both
lean&mean Wrote:Cougar after the first quarter the line did dominate SL. I think they were nervous like everyone else. You act like Logan is a God and every mistake was the lines. Logan is a sophmore, he makes mistakes just like every one else. At times the line looks bad because of holding the ball too long. This happened more than once. Logan is a great potential and even greater kid but lets not blame everything that happens on the line. They are young as well. Yes they made mistakes but they did manage to score 5 touchdowns the other night. Looked to me like they wore SL down...........LCC by 28.
My sentiments exactly.
The line is also learning a new offensive scheme which is a little more complex then in the past. Logan also was nervous but calmed down as the game went on. I think everything will be just fine.
Pages: 1 2