Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Somerset 24 - Knox Central 22
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Would love to hear some details about this game.

Honestly didn't expect much out of Somerset early in the season with their head coach resigning a week or so before this game.

Congrats Briar' Jumpers!
This score surprised me as I thought Knox Central would win. Sounds like Somerset has rebounded nicely after Coach Cobb's departure.
First off I'd like to congratulate Somerset on a well-deserved win. They really had their way with the Panther defense for much of the game. The Panther secondary is young and inexperienced, but will only get better every week. Somerset played soundly on offense and also had a pretty solid defensive game with some nice stops on defense. The quarterback for Somerset is an excellent athlete and they had a few running backs that impressed me as well. Solid core of receivers that made some catches too. A lot better team than I expected and a lot of team speed overall. This team is going to surprise a few people. Knox Central put together a drive that could have won it in the closing minutes but was stopped short. KC will just have to learn from this loss and just get better every week. It's a young Panther team that by the end of the season I expect to be pretty tough to deal with. The defense did a good job getting to the ball but never seemed to be able to make that tackle after the first initial contact. KC has some young players that stepped it up and played pretty well. Barger had a solid game for his first varsity start and will only get better. Very impressive game and a kick-off return touchdown by freshman Jefferey Canady. Once again good overall performance by Somerset.
Another fun game
:biggrin: well must have been a good game,, what is Sumerset?? 1A,2A??
BobCatFan29 Wrote::biggrin: well must have been a good game,, what is Sumerset?? 1A,2A??

3A
Knox could not match Somerset's speed. Appears a little too much hype for KC after last year. From what I saw last night , KC will struggle. Somerset was solid but not a great team. KC also does not tackle well, this will cause big problems when they run into some of the running backs on their schedule.
Keep in mind that KC has some very young, inexperienced players stepping into big roles. Especially in the secondary. They're just going to get better every week as they gain more experience. By the end of the season when the Panthers do hopefully began playing their best football, this should be a much improved squad. Also note that KC did struggle a little bit early on last year as well.