Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Clay County 48, Lynn Camp 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Wow, thump
I had saw Clay on tape, but in person they were even better. Lynn Camp is not that solid, but Clay clearly manhandled them. Clay's speed and strength very impressive. This is not the Clay team we have seen the past few years. Reminds me a little of the teams they had in the early 90's. They are hardnosed on D and fast on the offensive side.
What type of teams has Clay had in the last few years Bearhunter? From what I can see, the teams of the past 3-4 years have put Clay Co back on the map as far as football is concerned. You beat a team of freshmen and sophs. Good win to start the season but the schedule will be tougher.
Clay County is no slouch at all. Their district should be very competitive like it is just about every season.

Congrats Tigers!
I am saying that they are a much more physical team than the past few years. Also more speed. I would also venture to say that Lynn Camp is as experienced as Clay. Per their roster Clay is mostly Sophs and Juniors. No doubt the Schedule will get tougher for them, but they are must better than past years in which they focused only on offense.
I agree Clay is improved from last year. And they have one of the best ground attacks Ive seen with some passing that was affective friday. In recent years they were all pass and no run. And everybody knows you have to have a good running game to do anything much in Highschool football. If hard to be successfull passing when they know thats all your going to do.
Clay ran the ball 240 times last season and threw around 340. I think thats an average of 31 passes and 21 runs per game. Seems like pretty good balance. They averaged 31 points a game. Facts will give you credibility on this web-site. Offensively, Clay has been top notch for years. Also, everyone knows that Clay has struggled defensively. That will be the point of success for this team.
Running the ball and running it effectively when you have to are two entirely different things. Last year Clay could not run the ball when they needed to. This is an entirely different team from what I have saw so far. Clay clearly was a passing team ( a very good one) last year and in years past. I do agree with you that the defense will make the biggest difference, but being able to run the ball effectively and run the clock will be almost as big.
I agree 100% clay has a much more effective running attack this year. And the team has improved on defence from what I can tell so far. Clay will be a force in the district this year. They are going to turn some heads this year.