Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ashland 51 Greenup County 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
final
Tough loss for Greenup County, things don't get much easier next week as Greenup travels to Russell.
I say when I heard Greenup was leading in the first quarter by 7 I was confused. But by the end of the fourth Ashland proved the are a formitable force again this year. I'm glad they didn't wait until the end of the season to prove themselves. Nice win Ashland.
One thing Ashland has is alot of speed. They can make big plays on offense and defense and put up points in a hurry.
Congrates to Ashland. I hate to see Greenup get spanked year after year.
Congrats to Ashland. Glad to see them turn around after last weekends scrimmage.
I really felt Greenup's playcalling kept them out of this game. Not saying they wouldve beat Ashland. But It was 16-7 Ashland, Greenup was somewhere around Ashlands 35 yard line with 4th and like 20 to go and they call a FB dive???? Ashland also had 8 and 9 guys loaded in the box all night and they just kept running dives and counters. Maybe the QB cannot throw or the WR's can't catch im not sure.

But however Ashland looks to be very tough, very fast and strong. Dont let Carters appearance fool you either he runs like a 205lb runningback.
ashlands change of offense is going to be key for them, they should have made the change a couple of years ago.
Ram Fan04 Wrote:I really felt Greenup's playcalling kept them out of this game. Not saying they wouldve beat Ashland. But It was 16-7 Ashland, Greenup was somewhere around Ashlands 35 yard line with 4th and like 20 to go and they call a FB dive???? Ashland also had 8 and 9 guys loaded in the box all night and they just kept running dives and counters. Maybe the QB cannot throw or the WR's can't catch im not sure.

But however Ashland looks to be very tough, very fast and strong. Dont let Carters appearance fool you either he runs like a 205lb runningback.

Though Ashland was outplayed by Campbell County two weeks ago, the didn't lack from a running game. Carter run through a couple of the Camel vaunted linebackers like they were the "Pregame Paper Curtain". That kid is one tough runner....
Ram Fan04 Wrote:I really felt Greenup's playcalling kept them out of this game. Not saying they wouldve beat Ashland. But It was 16-7 Ashland, Greenup was somewhere around Ashlands 35 yard line with 4th and like 20 to go and they call a FB dive???? Ashland also had 8 and 9 guys loaded in the box all night and they just kept running dives and counters. Maybe the QB cannot throw or the WR's can't catch im not sure.

Yes....A lot of very strange play calling. They also called a play action pass on like a 4th and 4 ever play.
Congrats Ashland
Ram Fan04 Wrote:. . .or the WR's can't catch im not sure. . .

The WRs at GC haven't been able to catch or run the correct routes for the past couple of years.
Ashland may be the best team in the area this year.
Ashland has speed and experience..should be interesting to see how they play the rest of the year...cant wait to see them hookup with Johnson Central..