Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Top 10 Middle School teams in the MTNs.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I don't see how Martin co. could be put over Belfry.
I went to the Belfry and Martin game last night it was
a blow out Belfry was ahead by 30 sum in the first
half not even a game they are pretty good this year
you will be really suprised with them.
How is Bell not one of the best? There is no way someone can place a 6th and 7th grade team over Bell. Is Bell just that hated?
I think that was alot of peoples impression, but after a first game loss they only seem to be building steam with three big wins .
1. New Harlan - beat Bell 2 yrs ago and maybe last year, Im not sure. I do know they are good. Probably the best in the area ( SE KY.). They play Cumberland tonight and we will find out what both teams are made of.
1- New Harlan
2 - Bell
3- Corbin
4- Whitley
5- Cumberland
6- LCC
1. New Harlan - beat Bell 2 yrs ago and maybe last year, Im not sure. I do know they are good. Probably the best in the area ( SE KY.). They play Cumberland tonight and we will find out what both teams are made of.
1- New Harlan
2 - Bell
3- Corbin
4- Whitley
5- Cumberland
6- LCC

Evarts 5th-6th has the best Elem. Team BY FAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I had heard from Bell that they would be young (I chuckle a little at that due to them typically having a good number of kids that will be 19 as SRs). I know their HC does a heck of a job getting them to playing very good tough football and being very sound. I have a TON of respect for that program.

Just to make things clear about the age thing. It is more of a joke and I mean no ill feelings about it. Great deal of respect for them.
I dont think Harlan and Bell played last year , but they are scheduled to play this year.....should be interesting
cumberland beat letcher and new harlan so how does that work with the top ten.
What about small schools?

What teams stand out in the mountains?
BlackcatAlum Wrote:I didn't know that SV & Pike Central had middle schools. Thought SV had Dorton & Virgie and Pike Central had Mullins & Johns Creek.
first belfry beat the socks off martin,perry, both were 40 something to 0. then beat lcc 20 to 8. add one more v at east ridge 54 to 0. their d hasnt been scored on. lcc scored on special teams. so ill put belfry at the top spot and wait to see the result of the johnson county, lcc game to say anthing else. as far as the feeder schools belfry used to have 6 then 4. but we had our own little thing going and it was good, we didnt have to travel and had a good league. but if you cant have your own leagu and have to play in a county or something like the big sandy, andtheyre all going to go to the same highschool anyway you have to combine to compete. if you have a middle school or not
1.Johnson Central
2.Letcher
3.Betsy Bayne
4.Martin
4.Befery
5.Valley
6 Pike Central
7.Adams
8.New Harlan
9.Johnson Central 7th Grade
10.Valley 6th grade
regound2 Wrote:1.Johnson Central
2.Letcher
3.Betsy Bayne
4.Martin
4.Befery
5.Valley
6 Pike Central
7.Adams
8.New Harlan
10.Valley 6th grade
Nice poll, but my only problem with it is I do not think there is a 6th or 7th grade team in the mnts that could play with Hazard 8th grade team. Hazard beat Johnson Central in pre season grid and have beat Clay Co 18-0 and Allen Central 43-0. Hazard plays Betsy Layne on tuesday. Hazard only has around 20 players but they have about 6 or 7 stud athletes. The transfer they got from Danville is really good.
Belfry has to be number 1 right now
Just curious, did the C and B teams play Tuesday when Betsy Layne and Hazard A Teams played? If so what were the scores?
ballerfan 1 Wrote:Just curious, did the C and B teams play Tuesday when Betsy Layne and Hazard A Teams played? If so what were the scores?

We play Hazard this Tuesday. A,B and C teams are supposed to play.
v
regound2 Wrote:1.Johnson Central
2.Letcher
3.Betsy Bayne
4.Martin
4.Befery
5.Valley
6 Pike Central
7.Adams
8.New Harlan
10.Valley 6th grade

Might want to change this list a little, considering Herald Whitaker (Magoffin Co.) beat Martin County this past week. They have also beaten Johnson Central 7th grade and Pike Central in a scrimmage. As of now, they are 4 and 0. I dont mean to ruffle anyones feathers, just stating the facts.
Sorry, but I didn't mention that the scrimmage game was not included in their record.
Hoopla Wrote:Might want to change this list a little, considering Herald Whitaker (Magoffin Co.) beat Martin County this past week. They have also beaten Johnson Central 7th grade and Pike Central in a scrimmage. As of now, they are 4 and 0. I dont mean to ruffle anyones feathers, just stating the facts.

belfry has yet to be beat, they beat, martin,pcc,lcc, i say they should be numb1 or 2
how would you like to be the bl high school coaching staff ? does anyone see how many times this school is listed in these polls ? looks like the talent is getting ready to come by the way the 11th grade class and down is loaded with some pretty good atheletes that have won as well its not a good time to be an inexperienced or part time coach at a school like bl the pressure to win is now !:devilflam
1. JC's 8th
2. Belfry's 8th
3. LC's 8th
3. Bell County
4. Cumberland
5. Betsy Layne
6. Hazard
7. New Harlan
8. JC's 7th
9 Adams
10. Paintsville
10. SV
bout time someone put cumberland in there. not my team, but in my county.
WE SHOULD HAVE THIS RANKING THING BETTER FIGURED OUT AFTER THE 21st OF SEPT. BELFRY 8th GOES TO JOHNSON CO. AND JC WILL HAVE ALREADY PLAYED LCC. BELFRY"s DEFENSE STILL HASN'T BEEN SCORED ON AS OF YET. I'M SURE THAT WILL MOST LIKELY CHANGE WHEN THEY MEET JC.
THE BELFRY AND LCC GAME WAS MUCH CLOSER THAN THE SCORE WOULD HAVE YOU BELIEVE. IF THEY PLAYED EACH OTHER 10 TIMES IT WOULD MOST LIKELY BE SPLIT. MAKES FOR A VERY INTERESTING AND COMPETATIVE SEASON. GOOD LUCK TO ALL
Daddycat27 Wrote:1. New Harlan - beat Bell 2 yrs ago and maybe last year, Im not sure. I do know they are good. Probably the best in the area ( SE KY.). They play Cumberland tonight and we will find out what both teams are made of.
1- New Harlan
2 - Bell
3- Corbin
4- Whitley
5- Cumberland
6- LCC

Sorry but New Harlen beat Bell for the first time ever Thursday in 7th and 8th grade football. Bell's 8th grade football team is very young this year, they have 2 8th graders and still do very well.
AXE MURDERER Wrote:WE SHOULD HAVE THIS RANKING THING BETTER FIGURED OUT AFTER THE 21st OF SEPT. BELFRY 8th GOES TO JOHNSON CO. AND JC WILL HAVE ALREADY PLAYED LCC. BELFRY"s DEFENSE STILL HASN'T BEEN SCORED ON AS OF YET. I'M SURE THAT WILL MOST LIKELY CHANGE WHEN THEY MEET JC.
THE BELFRY AND LCC GAME WAS MUCH CLOSER THAN THE SCORE WOULD HAVE YOU BELIEVE. IF THEY PLAYED EACH OTHER 10 TIMES IT WOULD MOST LIKELY BE SPLIT. MAKES FOR A VERY INTERESTING AND COMPETATIVE SEASON. GOOD LUCK TO ALL

belfry 20-lcc-8, so yea the defense was scored on..
cuppett777 Wrote:belfry 20-lcc-8, so yea the defense was scored on..

Read post 40. Belfry's defense did not give up the TD. So if you are counting the 2 pt try as being scored on then yes they have been scored on. Their defense has still not given up a TD.
Yes the touchdown lcc scored was special teams, but they did give up the 2 points, never-the-less they have still been very impressive. Just some good middle school football this year by alot of good teams, it would be nice to be able to pick the match-ups week to week
barrel Wrote:Read post 40. Belfry's defense did not give up the TD. So if you are counting the 2 pt try as being scored on then yes they have been scored on. Their defense has still not given up a TD.

you are right my bad,i wasnt there, my ex step son plays on that team and he didnt tell me they scored on special teams...lol
barrel Wrote:Read post 40. Belfry's defense did not give up the TD. So if you are counting the 2 pt try as being scored on then yes they have been scored on. Their defense has still not given up a TD.

do u know if coach may might try to put them in the middle school playoffs?
where was the games played home or away
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7