Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Controversy in Knott County
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there some controversy in Knott County concerning players going to June Buchanan instead of Knott Central.
Could you elaborate?
So, what's new? Isn't there always controversy?
:Cheerlead they should've keep Amburgey..
i heard that knott co. gradeschools will not play jbs next year. i think it is a bunch of bs.
I wish Knott co would quit crying
everybody knows what has went down was bs thats why all the kids are leaving.
For us that may not have the inside info, could someone elaborate a little as to what the driving issues are between the two school districts?
To be honest, I really don't know why Justin Amburgey was let go. I'm guessing that is what's causing all of this drama.

I'll echo SD, is there anyone who can spill some more details on this situation we have here?
outdoorsman43 Wrote:To be honest, I really don't know why Justin Amburgey was let go. I'm guessing that is what's causing all of this drama.

I'll echo SD, is there anyone who can spill some more details on this situation we have here?

These are the best details that I can give you, someone else might know more. Parents and kids saw when Amburgey was let go basketball at KCC had nothing to do with winning than it did just the super putting her own people in there. Coach Fraley is just a one year hire and so after this year the super can give the job to her nephew with not as much pressure. That will make 6 or 7 coaches since 2002 and people are just tired of it. Who wants their kids going to a school were coaching decisions are based on those factors instead of winning and whats good for the kids. After Fraley is gone after this year they will hire Trent, when Kim gets put out Trent will be gone no matter if he's done good or bad. Parks helped Amburgey at KCC and is trying to build a program over at JBS. He will be there a while and will give the kids some stability. I think parents are just tired of the BS at KCC and dont trust them. Oh yeah not playing JBS in grade school basketball just makes them look even more stupid. Its 6th, 7th and 8th basketball for goodness sakes. Someone else might can shed some more light on the subject.
Quarterback7 Wrote:[quote=outdoorsman43]To be honest, I really don't know why Justin Amburgey was let go. I'm guessing that is what's causing all of this drama.

I'll echo SD, is there anyone who can spill some more details on this situation we have here?[/QU

These are the best details that I can give you, someone else might know more. Parents and kids saw when Amburgey was let go basketball at KCC had nothing to do with winning than it did just the super putting her own people in there. Coach Fraley is just a one year hire and so after this year the super can give the job to her nephew with not as much pressure. That will make 6 or 7 coaches since 2002 and people are just tired of it. Who wants their kids going to a school were coaching decisions are based on those factors instead of winning and whats good for the kids. After Fraley is gone after this year they will hire Trent, when Kim gets put out Trent will be gone no matter if he's done good or bad. Parks helped Amburgey at KCC and is trying to build a program over at JBS. He will be there a while and will give the kids some stability. I think parents are just tired of the BS at KCC and dont trust them. Oh yeah not playing JBS in grade school basketball just makes them look even more stupid. Its 6th, 7th and 8th basketball for goodness sakes. Someone else might can shed some more light on the subject.

Great post and thanks for filling in the blanks.

I made this comment on another thread and this is something that irritates me. I highlighted the comment above about the parents getting tired of it. Then what are they doing to make a change. Who does the Superintendent work for? The parents, or tax payers best said. I hate it when people say "it's politics" or "it won't make a difference". That's horesecrap and a sign that no one has the stones to put up the fight. For anyone who thinks it won't matter, that just plain lunacy. I guarantee you if the things above are true, then the parents should be storming the doors at the Administration office and raising ****. It my steak is cold, I'm sending it back. If my school administration is not doing what I HIRED THEM TO DO, then they will know about and CHANGE WILL BE MADE!
Quarterback7 Wrote:[quote=outdoorsman43]To be honest, I really don't know why Justin Amburgey was let go. I'm guessing that is what's causing all of this drama.

I'll echo SD, is there anyone who can spill some more details on this situation we have here?[/QU

Ok first of all, idk where you get your info but you are seriously misinformed. Fraley intends to stay as long as he wants and he has already stated multiple times that he is NOT a one year hire (Why the heck would he move halfway across the state and uproot his entire life? duh). AS far as JBS is concerned, NO KNOTT CO. CENTRAL players transferred or left the school. It only concerns the transfer of grade school students. We still have the same team. In fact, KCC gained some transfers from JBS this year (not bball players but students). This is the first I have heard of Knott Co. not playing JBS in grade school, but I really don't get what the big deal is. JBS could be the one in trouble, not Knott Co.
PATS2011 Wrote:[quote=Quarterback7]

Ok first of all, idk where you get your info but you are seriously misinformed. Fraley intends to stay as long as he wants and he has already stated multiple times that he is NOT a one year hire (Why the heck would he move halfway across the state and uproot his entire life? duh). [B] AS far as JBS is concerned, NO KNOTT CO. CENTRAL [/B]players transferred or left the school. It only concerns the transfer of grade school students. We still have the same team. In fact, KCC gained some transfers from JBS this year (not bball players but students). This is the first I have heard of Knott Co. not playing JBS in grade school, but I really don't get what the big deal is. JBS could be the one in trouble, not Knott Co.

Shows how little you really know, Any coach who went out like Fraley did in his last few years as coach would move to Knott for this team to see if they could take him to one last state tournament. He won like 3 games last time he coached and quit on the team he was coaching. Bet he didnt sell his house in Somerset. They gave him this opportunity because they knew he'd quit in one year and then they could slip Trent right in. Wake up.
:Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::worthy::worthy: Quarterback7
:beerwez::beerwez::beerwez:

Ok first of all, idk where you get your info but you are seriously misinformed. Fraley intends to stay as long as he wants and he has already stated multiple times that he is NOT a one year hire (Why the heck would he move halfway across the state and uproot his entire life? duh). AS far as JBS is concerned, NO KNOTT CO. CENTRAL players transferred or left the school. It only concerns the transfer of grade school students. We still have the same team. In fact, KCC gained some transfers from JBS this year (not bball players but students). This is the first I have heard of Knott Co. not playing JBS in grade school, but I really don't get what the big deal is. JBS could be the one in trouble, not Knott Co.

You are correct.
From what I have heard, Fraley has not MOVED anyplace. He continues to live in Pulaski County and even has a job with the school system there. Maybe all the facts are not out on the table at all. Look a little deeper and see what comes out...perhaps he is a one and done coach!
You have heard wrong! Coach Fraley and his wife live on Rt.160 a couple of miles from KCC. As for one and done let's wait and see!
is it true about knott co GRADESCHOOLS not going to play jbs. if so, once again, that is a bunch of bs. i know some kids (gradeschool) have transferred over to jbs. i don't see the big deal w/ that.
Benchwarmer Wrote:[quote=PATS2011]

You are correct.

Looks like the forum messed up and made it seem that quarterback said that lol.

Thank you Benchwarmer! Some people can't see past politics and accept things for what they really are.
Quarterback7 Wrote:[quote=PATS2011]

Shows how little you really know, Any coach who went out like Fraley did in his last few years as coach would move to Knott for this team to see if they could take him to one last state tournament. He won like 3 games last time he coached and quit on the team he was coaching. Bet he didnt sell his house in Somerset. They gave him this opportunity because they knew he'd quit in one year and then they could slip Trent right in. Wake up.

The SBDM (which has no influence from the super) council made the decision on the coach, not the super. Trent APPLIED for the head coach job, why on earth would they hire someone else just to get him in that spot. Plus, her brother in law applied for the job as well. Clearly she doesn't have influence like you think. Lay off of Mrs. King!
divadawg Wrote:From what I have heard, Fraley has not MOVED anyplace. He continues to live in Pulaski County and even has a job with the school system there. Maybe all the facts are not out on the table at all. Look a little deeper and see what comes out...perhaps he is a one and done coach!

You me to tell me that you honestly believe the Fraley lives in Pulaski Co., works there - then plans on driving to Knott Co. every evening for practices when the season starts and games. PLEASE Someone pulled one on you didn't they?

The SBDM (which has no influence from the super) council made the decision on the coach, not the super. Trent APPLIED for the head coach job, why on earth would they hire someone else just to get him in that spot. Plus, her brother in law applied for the job as well. Clearly she doesn't have influence like you think. Lay off of Mrs. King!

You poor kid. Maybe someday you'll learn the ways of the world and when you do it will be a major wake-up call. Keep living in your little fantasy world of you think Ms. King wasn't behind the whole thing.

Don't tell me the superintendent of a school system does not have any influence on an SBDM. I work in education; I know. First of all a superintendent screens the applicants that are sent to the SBDM. He or she can have her hands in who they want to be sent over and who they do not want to be sent over. That can have a lot of influence. Once that happens, the site base can vote. If the superintendent makes a recommendation, most always the SBDM will follow. Who wants to be on bad terms with the top of the chain in their school district? In the event they go against his/her advice, the superintendent can legally overturn the SBDM decision and be the ultimate decision maker in the process.
CavsFan Wrote:[quote=PATS2011]

Don't tell me the superintendent of a school system does not have any influence on an SBDM. I work in education; I know. First of all a superintendent screens the applicants that are sent to the SBDM. He or she can have her hands in who they want to be sent over and who they do not want to be sent over. That can have a lot of influence. Once that happens, the site base can vote. If the superintendent makes a recommendation, most always the SBDM will follow. Who wants to be on bad terms with the top of the chain in their school district? In the event they go against his/her advice, the superintendent can legally overturn the SBDM decision and be the ultimate decision maker in the process.

Then please tell me why Trent was not hired in the first place or her brother in law. And since they weren't, why did she not try to change it? Doesn't look like very much influence to me. And trust me, I know for a FACT that she did not recommend Fraley.
TheMasterpiece Wrote:You poor kid. Maybe someday you'll learn the ways of the world and when you do it will be a major wake-up call. Keep living in your little fantasy world of you think Ms. King wasn't behind the whole thing.

Show me some proof, then you will have an argument, k?
PATS2011 Wrote:[quote=CavsFan]

Then please tell me why Trent was not hired in the first place or her brother in law. And since they weren't, why did she not try to change it? Doesn't look like very much influence to me. And trust me, I know for a FACT that she did not recommend Fraley.

She sent Trents application to make things look good....she had no intention on giving Trent the job....why would she....Trent had already been told he was going to be AD....which pays a whole heck of a lot more than ANY coaching job in the county....and most principals jobs too....lol
bluegrass15 Wrote:i heard that knott co. gradeschools will not play jbs next year. i think it is a bunch of bs.

And how is that bs?

two more kids have came back to the Knott County schools. Perhaps the parents are tired of the bs at JBS? :biggrin:JBS has had three different coaches the last three years and the stability is where?