Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Y.E. Yang wins PGA Championship
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
YE Yang holds off Tiger Woods through the last few holes to win the PGA Championship in Minnesota.

Huge upset, as Yang was 110th ranked in the world and is also the first Asian to ever when a PGA Major Championship.
First time Tiger Woods has ever lost when having a 54-hole lead. Amazing to watch how many 10-15 foot puts Tiger missed. Tiger could have easily been around -11.

The first player I've seen since Hal Sutton a few years back that wasn't intimidated by Tiger when paired up with him on Sunday. I honestly couldn't believe what I seen today.
This was a flat out TIGER CHOKE. No bigger fan of Tiger than me, but this was a pure choke job that began on Saturday. Beginng on the the second hole Saturday, Tiger played conservatively just trying to maintain his lead. That's not Tiger, that's Tigger from "Winnie the Pooh". I was shocked to see him play so conservatively. I've seen Tiger blow champsionships in the past because he just blows the ball up because of his aggresiveness, but it it that aggressiveness that usualy scares the bejesus out of the guy playing along side him. That didn't happen. He let Yang hang, and Yang took it from him. I thought for sure on 17 yesterday, Tiger would nail that put for birdie. You knew Yang would miss, and the TIGER would roar back on 18. Never happened, instead it was Tiger who fell to the pressure!
Yang is now the 34th player in the world. Quite a jump from 110th..

Reason I like Tiger.... He played bad and lost. He owns up to it. He doesn't say he was hurt or blame it on the weather.
well when yang hit that eagle i knew it was over but tiger definitely had a couple of more chances.
Tiger choked big time!
Amun-Ra Wrote:Yang is now the 34th player in the world. Quite a jump from 110th..

Reason I like Tiger.... He played bad and lost. He owns up to it. He doesn't say he was hurt or blame it on the weather.

I think it's easier to like Tiger because he is real. I've said that he choked and believe he did. But I think it will ultimately make the legacy of Tiger even greater. The Reason Ali was so great is because he could lose, did lose, but always found a way to come back. Tiger's legacy has been that he is so much greater than the field (which is true). But to have a rivalry, there has to be a hint of fallacy. It was mind boggling to hear some on the radio say Tiger is done. How can anyone in their right mind even think that......
Stardust Wrote:I think it's easier to like Tiger because he is real. I've said that he choked and believe he did. But I think it will ultimately make the legacy of Tiger even greater. The Reason Ali was so great is because he could lose, did lose, but always found a way to come back. Tiger's legacy has been that he is so much greater than the field (which is true). But to have a rivalry, there has to be a hint of fallacy. It was mind boggling to hear some on the radio say Tiger is done. How can anyone in their right mind even think that......

Tiger is coming off of a very serious injury, i think this yea is just a tuneup year for tiger, hes only 33, many years of golf left for him
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Tiger is coming off of a very serious injury, i think this yea is just a tuneup year for tiger, hes only 33, many years of golf left for him

Nah, I don't buy the leg injury now. Even Tiger says the leg is no issue. It's different than being in a running sport. He's been very forefront and has not made excuses except for his own poor shooting at times.