Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Friends of America Rally - Labor Day
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
This labor day September 7, 2009 nearly 70 businesses, small and large are sponsoring the Friends of America Rally to be held near Holden West Virginia. The Friends of America Rally will be emceed by Ted Nugent musical guest include Hank Williams Jr., Halfway to Hazard, Taylor Made and others. Featured speakers include Sean Hannity and Christopher Monckton.
The rally begins at 10:30am and ends at 8pm. Admission is FREE, but you need to register online if you plan to attend.

Check out the site below for more information.

*Featured Guests to Include Sean Hannity, Ted Nugent, and Hank Williams Jr.*

*Free Labor Day Festival to Support American Jobs*

A coalition of local employers, associations, and elected officials will
honor American working families with a free Labor Day “Friends of
America” concert and rally near Holden, West Virginia.

“Now more than ever, it is the time for working people and businesses to
join together and speak up about the economic damage caused by an
overreaching government.

For our communities to grow and prosper, our
people need freedom,” said Art Kirkendoll, president of the Logan County
Commission. “The Friends of America rally is about standing up for our
freedoms, our families and the American way of life.” **

The rally will feature nationally-recognized musical entertainers and
speakers. Featured speakers include Sean Hannity, a
nationally-syndicated radio host and Fox television host, and Lord
Christopher Monckton, a former science adviser to former British Prime
Minister Margaret Thatcher. Featured entertainers include country music
legend Hank Williams Jr., Halfway to Hazard, Taylor Made and others.
American icon Ted Nugent will emcee the event.

“Keeping jobs in America has to be the top priority for our leaders in
Washington. American job providers and workers need to join together to
ensure we can continue to provide for our families. This rally is being
held to let Washington know that we support policies that support
American jobs,” said Ruth Lemmon, President of the WV Automobile & Truck
Dealers Association, one of the many state organizations supporting the
event.

http://friendsofamericarally.com/
Old School Wrote:This labor day September 7, 2009 nearly 70 businesses, small and large are sponsoring the Friends of America Rally to be held near Holden West Virginia. The Friends of America Rally will be emceed by Ted Nugent musical guest include Hank Williams Jr., Halfway to Hazard, Taylor Made and others. Featured speakers include Sean Hannity and Christopher Monckton.
The rally begins at 10:30am and ends at 8pm. Admission is FREE, but you need to register online if you plan to attend.

Check out the site below for more information.

*Featured Guests to Include Sean Hannity, Ted Nugent, and Hank Williams Jr.*

*Free Labor Day Festival to Support American Jobs*

A coalition of local employers, associations, and elected officials will
honor American working families with a free Labor Day “Friends of
America” concert and rally near Holden, West Virginia.

“Now more than ever, it is the time for working people and businesses to
join together and speak up about the economic damage caused by an
overreaching government.

For our communities to grow and prosper, our
people need freedom,” said Art Kirkendoll, president of the Logan County
Commission. “The Friends of America rally is about standing up for our
freedoms, our families and the American way of life.” **

The rally will feature nationally-recognized musical entertainers and
speakers. Featured speakers include Sean Hannity, a
nationally-syndicated radio host and Fox television host, and Lord
Christopher Monckton, a former science adviser to former British Prime
Minister Margaret Thatcher. Featured entertainers include country music
legend Hank Williams Jr., Halfway to Hazard, Taylor Made and others.
American icon Ted Nugent will emcee the event.

“Keeping jobs in America has to be the top priority for our leaders in
Washington. American job providers and workers need to join together to
ensure we can continue to provide for our families. This rally is being
held to let Washington know that we support policies that support
American jobs,” said Ruth Lemmon, President of the WV Automobile & Truck
Dealers Association, one of the many state organizations supporting the
event.

http://friendsofamericarally.com/
Hank Williams Jr, Ted Nugent, Sean Hannity and Christopher Monckton. Wonder what political views they hold? Maybe conservative?
Is this one of those TEA bagging rallies?
TheRealVille Wrote:Hank Williams Jr, Ted Nugent, Sean Hannity and Christopher Monckton. Wonder what political views they hold? Maybe conservative?

Good guess Sherlock, and your point is??
RF81 Wrote:Is this one of those TEA bagging rallies?

Why do you ask? Is it because you like those types of rallies. :biggrin:
Hmmmm, you're the one advertising :dontthink
RF81 Wrote:Hmmmm, you're the one advertising :dontthink

:worthy:
RF81 Wrote:Hmmmm, you're the one advertising :dontthink

:lmao:
Advertising no....My post was for a rally by the Friends of America, you were the one inquiring about a "TEA bagging rally".

BTW...it looks like W23 may be interested in helping you search for your rally.:yikes:
It was referring to the TEA parties you republicans have been having since he got elected, didn't look it up - it may be a healthcare one or since in WV, a cap and trade rally. Pointless really, just a cause for you all to lick your wounds or whatever you put in your mouth.
The hard line liberals can't stand the fact that average citizens (independents, republicans and some democrats) are going against them. Conservatives are getting all the publicity with their town hall meetings.
The town-hall that act like small children, yelling out like fools, are hardly "average citizens" - more the GOP and insurance companies. They bring nothing to the table, just opposing for the sake of opposing. There are a lot that are concerned, but aren't the ones disrupting(the ones who get the coverage). The fools of the right are drowning out the others with their antics, as usual, especially with something that is this important and a positive thing.
RF81 Wrote:The town-hall that act like small children, yelling out like fools, are hardly "average citizens" - more the GOP and insurance companies. They bring nothing to the table, just opposing for the sake of opposing. There are a lot that are concerned, but aren't the ones disrupting(the ones who get the coverage). The fools of the right are drowning out the others with their antics, as usual, especially with something that is this important and a positive thing.

You keep ranting about bringing nothing to the table. A lot of people at the rallies have actually read the healthcare bill. Have you? No. Have members of Congress actually read it? Most haven't. Even the President had to admit he was not familiar with a part of the bill that someone at a rally called him out on.

RF81, when you use a common bogus trick of the liberals and try to argue that people who oppose you are dumb, you are the one who looks dumb. I am absolutely positive you know next to nothing about cap and trade and the healthcare bill. Keep calling the other side stupid as your party and President just keep getting more unpopular every day. Who's dumb haha....:zzz::flush:
RF81 Wrote:The town-hall that act like small children, yelling out like fools, are hardly "average citizens" - more the GOP and insurance companies. They bring nothing to the table, just opposing for the sake of opposing. There are a lot that are concerned, but aren't the ones disrupting(the ones who get the coverage). The fools of the right are drowning out the others with their antics, as usual, especially with something that is this important and a positive thing.

The one's yelling out are average citizens, they are mad and scared and they are finally standing up for themselves, and their childrens future. I have seen several instances at these town hall meetings ,where these people that were questioning the health care plan admitted they were democrats and independents that voted Obama. This is not only a republican verses democrat issue, this plan can and will affect millions of people regardless of which party if any you belong to.

As a result of these town hall meetings, our elected officals are seeing the public's concern and anger over this issue. These concerns have caused a few officals to change their vote, while many others are standing back and revaluating their sitution. These meeting's and the actions from them have caused a few changes such as the end of life provision which could set up a death panel being dropped from the bill, hopfully there will be many more.

I don't believe that the insurance copmanies are publically involved in these meetings at this point, due to the fact they want to keep a low profile and not anger the government because the realize they will have to work with them down the road. I do however, think the insurance companies are working behind the scenes with lobbist.

The one's being drowned out are the politicans, especially when they ask the crowd "don't you trust me", or when they are ask about reading the bill they respond by simply saying "we have to act quickly". This adminstration is mad as h*** because they think everyone should do as they say, without questioning them, and they can't stand the fact that we are standing up for our rights.
Old School Wrote:The one's yelling out are average citizens, they are mad and scared and they are finally standing up for themselves, and their childrens future. I have seen several instances at these town hall meetings ,where these people that were questioning the health care plan admitted they were democrats and independents that voted Obama. This is not only a republican verses democrat issue, this plan can and will affect millions of people regardless of which party if any you belong to.

As a result of these town hall meetings, our elected officals are seeing the public's concern and anger over this issue. These concerns have caused a few officals to change their vote, while many others are standing back and revaluating their sitution. These meeting's and the actions from them have caused a few changes such as the end of life provision which could set up a death panel being dropped from the bill, hopfully there will be many more.

I don't believe that the insurance copmanies are publically involved in these meetings at this point, due to the fact they want to keep a low profile and not anger the government because the realize they will have to work with them down the road. I do however, think the insurance companies are working behind the scenes with lobbist.

The one's being drowned out are the politicans, especially when they ask the crowd "don't you trust me", or when they are ask about reading the bill they respond by simply saying "we have to act quickly". This adminstration is mad as h*** because they think everyone should do as they say, without questioning them, and they can't stand the fact that we are standing up for our rights.

Good Post
I think I won't be going to some right wing bash fest. "Friends of America" says all I need to know. I guess the only "Friends of America" are the Bush types. :eyeroll: :thatsfunn: Bush was so much of a friend of America.
TheRealVille Wrote:I think I won't be going to some right wing bash fest. "Friends of America" says all I need to know. I guess the only "Friends of America" are the Bush types. :eyeroll: :thatsfunn: Bush was so much of a friend of America.

Yep, Obama was left with a mess that noone can fix and hes taking all the blame.
Old School Wrote:The one's yelling out are average citizens, they are mad and scared and they are finally standing up for themselves, and their childrens future. I have seen several instances at these town hall meetings ,where these people that were questioning the health care plan admitted they were democrats and independents that voted Obama. This is not only a republican verses democrat issue, this plan can and will affect millions of people regardless of which party if any you belong to.

The ones yelling out are doing it because thats what they have been told to do, the ones asking questions like rational people(dems or pubs) are the citizens that are concerned. Have you seen the letters these groups that oppose the bill send out?

http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/documen...php?page=1

They say to purposely disrupt to throw the speaker off and disrupt for the sake of it, not because they are "concerned". This is strategy, not "grassroot groups" that give a ****. HA!

Have you not heard of the "small town mom" Heather Blish who is the VP of the GOP in her county? Rick Scott of CPR? Jerry Falwells Liberty Counsel who falsely "interpreted" the bill for those people you mentioned? Yeah, I'm sure there are plenty that have "read" it...but interpreted correctly? And yes it will, for the good if it can pass, or will continue to spiral down and down further.

Can I ask where the death panel was? It was completely made up, there is/was nothing in the bill about that...it was a complete scare tactic from the right, nothing more. Unless you can prove it......waiting for that.....

And lastly, you say they don't want anyone to disagree and just go along, but you realize they don't have to offer these town-halls do you? Wow, that one was rich. No one is complaining about opposing, but to act immature, lie and try to take down the meetings/plan just because is what the problem is. It's what's wrong with America, the ignorant few that drown out the rest. What's the right's plan for Healthcare that's better? Or one at all?
RF81 Wrote:The ones yelling out are doing it because thats what they have been told to do, the ones asking questions like rational people(dems or pubs) are the citizens that are concerned. Have you seen the letters these groups that oppose the bill send out?

http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/documen...php?page=1

They say to purposely disrupt to throw the speaker off and disrupt for the sake of it, not because they are "concerned". This is strategy, not "grassroot groups" that give a ****. HA!

Have you not heard of the "small town mom" Heather Blish who is the VP of the GOP in her county? Rick Scott of CPR? Jerry Falwells Liberty Counsel who falsely "interpreted" the bill for those people you mentioned? Yeah, I'm sure there are plenty that have "read" it...but interpreted correctly? And yes it will, for the good if it can pass, or will continue to spiral down and down further.

Can I ask where the death panel was? It was completely made up, there is/was nothing in the bill about that...it was a complete scare tactic from the right, nothing more. Unless you can prove it......waiting for that.....

And lastly, you say they don't want anyone to disagree and just go along, but you realize they don't have to offer these town-halls do you? Wow, that one was rich. No one is complaining about opposing, but to act immature, lie and try to take down the meetings/plan just because is what the problem is. It's what's wrong with America, the ignorant few that drown out the rest. What's the right's plan for Healthcare that's better? Or one at all?

No...The one's yelling and the one's as you say asking rational questions are all concerned about this plan, if they weren't they would not be there.
Surely your not as naive to believe that only one side is sending out letters. If you've been keeping up with the news you would know that even Obama's adminstration is sending e-mail letters out trying to get people to support their plan.

What about the dems strategy of sending in union members to shout down the ordinary citizen and seating proponents of their plan in the front rows, or the fact that Obama's town hall meeting's are nothing more than photo op with pre screened questions.

How do you know these people falsely interpreted the bill? Didn't the dems just agree to drop the end of life provision, which the dems said wasn't in the bill in the first place? Obama said in a speech the other day that doctors were preforming unnecessary operations such as amputating feet and legs and receiving up to $50,000 per operation. The AMA refuted his claim by saying a doctor receives less than a $1,000 dollars per operation.

I realize these town halls are optional, and many dems are refusing to hold them, people just want to be heard, they feel that these politicans are not listen to them, after all these elected officals do work for us. I guess we'll just have to wait until their next election to see if it hurt them or not.

I for one, am scared of what can or will happen if the government runs our health care plan. Obama said in a 2007 interview that he envisions private insurers being out of business in 15 to 20 years, but if you listening to him today he says he wants competition. How can there be competition if your the only business in town?

What will happen when the governments health plan cost go to high? Will they add more taxes to cover the expense or will the simply cut or ration care? If care is rationed who will be targeted first my guess is the elderly? Either way we lose.

Let's look at how well everything else the govenment is running, the postal service is broke, they are looking at cutting mail delivery, social security will soon be broke, medicad is broke and now you want them running the health care plan.
Old School Wrote:No...The one's yelling and the one's as you say asking rational questions are all concerned about this plan, if they weren't they would not be there.
Surely your not as naive to believe that only one side is sending out letters. If you've been keeping up with the news you would know that even Obama's adminstration is sending e-mail letters out trying to get people to support their plan.

Really? I could go to any rally that I don't like and try to disrupt it, without caring the least bit. Big difference in drawing support, as opposed to supporting disrupting by yelling and such.

Old School Wrote:What about the dems strategy of sending in union members to shout down the ordinary citizen and seating proponents of their plan in the front rows, or the fact that Obama's town hall meeting's are nothing more than photo op with pre screened questions.

Can you please prove any of that? Some unions chose to attend, not to be a thug to drown the "concerned citizens" out. Btw, questions are pre-screened at every presidential town-hall, with every president...if you would watch them, opposing questions are asked.

Old School Wrote:How do you know these people falsely interpreted the bill? Didn't the dems just agree to drop the end of life provision, which the dems said wasn't in the bill in the first place?

Because you just did it with that insane statement.

1) It's a bill. The only ones that could interpret something like that, are the ones in Congress or a lawyer for example. You can read whatever you want, doesn't mean you know what on earth it meant. Unless they have a couple lawyers interpreting it or are educated with that field, they probably have no clue what they are talking about.

2) You just proved what I said. There was a end of life provision, no one disputed that. There's a big difference between that and a "death panel" that determines elder or disabled people can live or die - That never existed, never will exist and was made up by the Betsy McCaugheys(proven liar) and the Sarah Palins - who reiterated the lie as usual. There are other channels besides Fox.

Old School Wrote:I for one, am scared of what can or will happen if the government runs our health care plan. Obama said in a 2007 interview that he envisions private insurers being out of business in 15 to 20 years, but if you listening to him today he says he wants competition. How can there be competition if your the only business in town?

If there's the public option, then don't take the option, that's how options
work. It was a 2007, in a town-hall I think, that he was asked if he supported a single-payer plan...he said he would, but has never campaigned for it. Even in a single-payer plan, there's competition...ask the NHS in Europe that gets plenty from BUPA. A public option, like he's always been for and wants, is competition in the market that is much needed.

Old School Wrote:What will happen when the governments health plan cost go to high? Will they add more taxes to cover the expense or will the simply cut or ration care? If care is rationed who will be targeted first my guess is the elderly? Either way we lose.

1)The projections have been made.

2) Taxes won't be ridiculous and I'd take a very small hike here and there for something this productive. As opposed to a war taxes have been paying for the past 6 years, if you have money to hurt people, you have money to help them.

3) IF I had wheels, I'd be a wagon. Big difference in rationing and cutting wastefulness, which is the complaint by many. Most ration there healthcare now, it'd be no worse than it already is.

Old School Wrote:Let's look at how well everything else the govenment is running, the postal service is broke, they are looking at cutting mail delivery, social security will soon be broke, medicad is broke and now you want them running the health care plan.

And you use/will use all of them, unless you refuse, otherwise you'd be a hypocrite.
A woman stands up and yells at a female Senator that she doesn't trust her with healthcare. Who does this woman trust? A bunch of white men in a swanky boardroom where medical procedures and procurements are sliced and diced like fresh vegetables, wheeled and dealed like used cars? The CEO of Humana? of Blue-Cross? Corporations aren't REALLY persons for chrissake. I'll trust the government before I'll trust the ones who live in mansions, dress in silk, limo ride, and dine sumptuously every night.
thecavemaster Wrote:A woman stands up and yells at a female Senator that she doesn't trust her with healthcare. Who does this woman trust? A bunch of white men in a swanky boardroom where medical procedures and procurements are sliced and diced like fresh vegetables, wheeled and dealed like used cars? The CEO of Humana? of Blue-Cross? Corporations aren't REALLY persons for chrissake. I'll trust the government before I'll trust the ones who live in mansions, dress in silk, limo ride, and dine sumptuously every night.
Yeah Boy, I guess your talking about your local congressman or senator who never vote themselves raises while their constituents suffer. And hey, they never take trips to South America and the such on our tax dollars either do they? And Nancy Pelosi would never request a private military plane not only for herself but her relatives as well either, would she? Yep, Big Brother's always looking out for us all. We have come to rely on your wise words while the rest of us are completely stumped. Once again, great thinking on your part and incredible insight.:HitWall:
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Yeah Boy, I guess your talking about your local congressman or senator who never vote themselves raises while their constituents suffer. And hey, they never take trips to South America and the such on our tax dollars either do they? And Nancy Pelosi would never request a private military plane not only for herself but her relatives as well either, would she? Yep, Big Brother's always looking out for us all. We have come to rely on your wise words while the rest of us are completely stumped. Once again, great thinking on your part and incredible insight.:HitWall:

Well Sanfords act wasn't surprising from that party and the whole thing about Pelosi's jet was made up, it was a silly chain-email rumor.
I cant believe that Osama, I mean Obama still has people that support him, This guy is gonna lead all of you blind people to the slaughter and your not smart enough to see what he is doing..... such gullible fools !!!!!
lil dog Wrote:I cant believe that Osama, I mean Obama still has people that support him, This guy is gonna lead all of you blind people to the slaughter and your not smart enough to see what he is doing..... such gullible fools !!!!!

Could you please elaborate on that idiotic comment?
RF81 Wrote:Could you please elaborate on that idiotic comment?

In other words, Obama is a pulpit puppet that did a tremendous job in selling the baby with the wash and it is all going down the same drain.....:biggrin:
lil dog Wrote:I cant believe that Osama, I mean Obama still has people that support him, This guy is gonna lead all of you blind people to the slaughter and your not smart enough to see what he is doing..... such gullible fools !!!!!

:dontthink :flush:
RF81 Wrote:Well Sanfords act wasn't surprising from that party and the whole thing about Pelosi's jet was made up, it was a silly chain-email rumor.
Who cares what party it is!!!! When will you guys quit trying to make something partisan out of everything and make heros out of any of these people? There is nobody on either side that has your or my best interests in mind. Everything has a self serving agenda, I dont care what it is.

I will agree that the CEO's of all of these insurance companies and just about any other CEO in any other sector of business are probably as Cavemaster described, but they are no worse than our polititians. The government has proven time and time again, that they dont have a clue as to what watching your and my dollars is all about. The only thing that any of them want to do is spend them. Lets face it, nothing will ever be right in this country until attorneys and litigation costs, as well as lobby interests are brought under control. This is what is causing insurance rates to skyrocket in not only the health care sector, but in all sectors where insurance coverage is required. How about we try to stop what is causing insurance rates to spiral out of control as the starting point. Lets get to the root of the problem first. The huge obstacle to overcome with all of this is that most of the politicians have legal backgrounds, which automaticly qualifies them as being inclusive to the scumbag category.. Does anybody really believe that these people are going to enact any type of legislation that will cut their own throats? Get a unified effort in congress to enact some type of control over the attorney profession and eliminate lobbiest influences and then you can say we have a government that is trying to represent what was originally sought out by our founding fathers. That, if anyone remembers, is to have a government of the people, by the people, and for the people. Until then, everybody is just spitting in the wind thinking that any polititian has their best interests in mind when it comes to not only health care issues, but any other issue.
RF81 Wrote:Could you please elaborate on that idiotic comment?

How much elaboration does it take for you to understand what was said, I will just keep you in the dark like this administration is trying to do, with everything they have set out to do, they have all of these hidden agendas, and if any of you liberal democrats or republicans trust the government for one minute you are a gulible fool !!!!!!
lil dog Wrote:How much elaboration does it take for you to understand what was said, I will just keep you in the dark like this administration is trying to do, with everything they have set out to do, they have all of these hidden agendas, and if any of you liberal democrats or republicans trust the government for one minute you are a gulible fool !!!!!!

Well you keep making these claims that he's going to do this and he's going to do that, well tell us exactly what these hidden agendas consist of...and how you know about them if they are so hidden. Don't forget to back up these claims with facts......waiting.....
RF81 Wrote:Well you keep making these claims that he's going to do this and he's going to do that, well tell us exactly what these hidden agendas consist of...and how you know about them if they are so hidden. Don't forget to back up these claims with facts......waiting.....

Well listen, I think my friends on here have given you fact after fact.......and the above quote gives validity to my previous statement that IF you are an Obama supporter you are a very gullible person and IF you trust this government for one second you will go down the drain with the rest of us....it's that simple !!!!!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4