Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Breathitt/Letcher Central Scrimmage
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What happen in this game ? Did they play?:please:
When did this suppose to have taken place?
I saw about 20 plays around 8:00 and the score was 0-0. No one had scored, but sometimes they don't put it on the scoreboard. Depends on the teams. Need info from someone who was there the whole game.
Thats odd. Why would they not post the score depending on the teams?
If you take these things seriously, you have problems....lol Scores really do not matter in these "scrimmages."
The LCC and Breathitt scrimmage was pretty good. Breathitt started out alittle slow on Offense but got it going after a huge TD pass from Haddix to Fletcher. LCC had some very big boys on both sides of the ball. Breathitts defense was pretty impressive, they were undersized agianst the LCC O Line and got took it to them. I think it was #77 for Breathitt that had a huge game. That kid was everywhere. All and All it was a pretty good and competitive game. Both teams will win alot of games this year.
28-0 Breathitt.
All I heard about the game was that Logan(Johnson) looked like Tim in Cleveland because he was running for his life on EVERY OTHER PLAY!
Bobcats started out slow and big names for both teams seem not to show,Fugate went unnoticed about the whole game ,Haddix slow to start but in ended the show with spark of quickness and ability to hit his recievers ,and the Young Qb for LCC looked just that .long way from being a Couch type Qb,but big nite for Defense of Bobcats Big BEN ALEX,Richard Trent was in there and LCC knowed them by #'s they wore cause it was in their face all nite,on Offense Josh Flecture was Big Horse tonite with few brights spots from Fugate and Haddix not what you would write home and tell anyone about...Over all team Bobcats looked like they were in better shape than LCC,both teams had few fouls,just glad we had chance hit someone other than our own and get them gitters out before next Sat. game against Mercer Co.
How did Logan Johnson do?
BobcatStuckInPowell Wrote:28-0 Breathitt.

That is not the way that it looked on WYMT. LC picked off I know 3 passes and it looked like they returned 2 of them for scores.
that is what I saw also. Jessie Ross ran one back.
I think what he was saying is that LCC offense didn't score and we scored atleast 4 times. It was a scrimmage and the scoreboard wasn't used.
Not fair to "get down" on anyone. This is a scrimmage--a means to evaluate where a team is PRIOR to the season opening. I'm sure LCC has some adjustments to make. Remember that you have a neww offensive coordinator and a new line coach. Every coach does things a little differently, whether it be offense OR defense. Breathitt , on the other hand has there schmes that they have used for several years, so in my opinion they SHOULD be a little further along than the Cougars. It is also very unfair to campare Logan to his cousin Tim. I guarantee you the kid will do a great job before it is all said and done. He's only a sophomore guys--give him a break. I know the kid and he is a WINNER. He will do a great job if everyone will just sit back and let him mature instead of putting pressure on him this early. It was a scrimmage-- a guage to let the coaches know what they need to work on.Don't read the season into something that is little more than a practice that has new faces to go against.LCC and Breathitt will both be successful.
The first half of the scrimmage each team had 10 plays of offense and 10 plays on defense. The chains were not used so you had 10 plays to score period. If there was a turnover on offense the ball went back to the 30 yd line. Breathitt started off very slow. They didnt move the ball hardly any at first. The first ten plays ended with a couple of takles for loss and an interception for a touchdown. However, Breathitt would move the ball a little better later. LCCs first drive went all the way down to the thirty yard line before their 10 plays were up but didnt get a chance to punch it in. Sometimes it can be hard to score in only ten plays without a "big play". Second half of the scrimmage they started to use the chains and had regular series. Breathitt moved the ball better here but LCC also had some good drives. Bottom line is if this would of been a real game it would of been a close one. LCC had the momentum early but Breathitt had it later. I was not at all impressed with Fugate. Maybe because he didnt have any blocking all night but still nothing to get excited over. LCCs offense look a little sketchy as well. I was not impressed with them at all. Last years offense for LCC was way better! However keep in mind in these scrimmages teams probably only use one third of their play book. You guys say these teams are gonna win a lot of games. . .well i hope so but from what i saw yesterday . .both teams have a lot of work to do and a long way to go!
Like you said it was a scrimmage, But I was impressed with the way Breathitt was hitting all Night. Started off slow alittle rusty but then started firing on offense and defense both. look forward to seeing them against Mercer. LCC had some big kids but wore down easy and the offense didn't impress me very much.
Sounds to me like all things considered this early in the season that Breathitt is about 2-3 TD's better then LCC.

I think that's about right for the #2 3A team compared to a Top 15 5A school.
Windsprint Wrote:Not fair to "get down" on anyone. This is a scrimmage--a means to evaluate where a team is PRIOR to the season opening. I'm sure LCC has some adjustments to make. Remember that you have a neww offensive coordinator and a new line coach. Every coach does things a little differently, whether it be offense OR defense. Breathitt , on the other hand has there schmes that they have used for several years, so in my opinion they SHOULD be a little further along than the Cougars. It is also very unfair to campare Logan to his cousin Tim. I guarantee you the kid will do a great job before it is all said and done. He's only a sophomore guys--give him a break. I know the kid and he is a WINNER. He will do a great job if everyone will just sit back and let him mature instead of putting pressure on him this early. It was a scrimmage-- a guage to let the coaches know what they need to work on.Don't read the season into something that is little more than a practice that has new faces to go against.LCC and Breathitt will both be successful.
Well said and I could't agree more!
Amped 88 Wrote:That is not the way that it looked on WYMT. LC picked off I know 3 passes and it looked like they returned 2 of them for scores.

they had ints, but none of them for scores. one was takled on the 3 yard line by jade haddix, and the other was blown dead at the opposite goal line. LCC, couldnt handle breathitt late in the game. they were on fire in the first 10 mintues but a game is longer than 10 minutes. breathitt defence looks good for 09.
bhs all the way Wrote:they had ints, but none of them for scores. one was takled on the 3 yard line by jade haddix, and the other was blown dead at the opposite goal line. LCC, couldnt handle breathitt late in the game. they were on fire in the first 10 mintues but a game is longer than 10 minutes. breathitt defence looks good for 09.
well i heard that ben allex aka 77 destroyed their offensive line all night with i think 2 fumble recoveries and 2 or 3 sacks. watch out central breathitt is here to play this year. and channing didnt even play tht much.
Dfenz Wrote:The first half of the scrimmage each team had 10 plays of offense and 10 plays on defense. The chains were not used so you had 10 plays to score period. If there was a turnover on offense the ball went back to the 30 yd line. Breathitt started off very slow. They didnt move the ball hardly any at first. The first ten plays ended with a couple of takles for loss and an interception for a touchdown. However, Breathitt would move the ball a little better later. LCCs first drive went all the way down to the thirty yard line before their 10 plays were up but didnt get a chance to punch it in. Sometimes it can be hard to score in only ten plays without a "big play". Second half of the scrimmage they started to use the chains and had regular series. Breathitt moved the ball better here but LCC also had some good drives. Bottom line is if this would of been a real game it would of been a close one. LCC had the momentum early but Breathitt had it later. I was not at all impressed with Fugate. Maybe because he didnt have any blocking all night but still nothing to get excited over. LCCs offense look a little sketchy as well. I was not impressed with them at all. Last years offense for LCC was way better! However keep in mind in these scrimmages teams probably only use one third of their play book. You guys say these teams are gonna win a lot of games. . .well i hope so but from what i saw yesterday . .both teams have a lot of work to do and a long way to go!

This is the report i am looking for nicely put! Both teams have some work to do sounds like. Only in two or three more weeks will we have a real glimpse of were we all stand!
I was there for the entire game. Overall, at this point I would have to say that Breathitt is the better team. They were in better shape than LCC. That became obvious as the game wore on. Also when the varsity was done they done wind sprints in the end zone while LCC boys horsed around. I believe that LCC can be a very good team. Their line looked very good at times and weak at others. This is a very young group on the line and seemed to have problems only when Breathitt ran a stunt or blitz. This will improve as the year goes on and they gain some experience. In addition they are adapting to a new offensive coordinator and line coach while Breathitt is not. Logan looked good at times and indecisive at others. Some times when it looked like he was in trouble it was not the fault of the line but holding on to the ball too long. This is inexperience and being young. This will also improve as the season wears on. Overall a good scrimmage, which both teams needed. I figure both were tired of hitting each other. I hope fans are patient with LCC right now because they are young, started a ton of sophmores, but by the end of the year they should be a very, very good team. Windy today ain't I.
I was at this scrimmage and I noticed the #77 for the Bobcats. This kid was everywhere. I believe he had like 3 sacks and 2 fumble recoveries and was in on a lot of the tackles. Who is he and where did he come from. I notice that he didn't play the second part of the scrimmage, it looked like he was cramping. I believe he will be someone to watch. Good luck Bobcats!
Good luck to both it is a long way to the top
Good luck to both teams. But i know that the bobcats are a top notch program, and will make another run at the title this year.. Good luck to both teams!!
pcb Wrote:I was at this scrimmage and I noticed the #77 for the Bobcats. This kid was everywhere. I believe he had like 3 sacks and 2 fumble recoveries and was in on a lot of the tackles. Who is he and where did he come from. I notice that he didn't play the second part of the scrimmage, it looked like he was cramping. I believe he will be someone to watch. Good luck Bobcats!

Ben Alex.He sat out last season.