Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Betsy Layne defeats Shelby Valley
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
25-7
25-16
Betsy Layne may be the best team in the 15th region at this time.
Betsy Layne wil be the team to beat in the 15th region this year as long as they continue to improve. Belfry always improves during season and after their preseason tourney loss to Betsy Layne you can bet they will be working hard to improve their game.
BumpSetSpike Wrote:Betsy Layne wil be the team to beat in the 15th region this year as long as they continue to improve. Belfry always improves during season and after their preseason tourney loss to Betsy Layne you can bet they will be working hard to improve their game.

yeah ask allen central the same thing,they beat belfry in a pre-season tourney last year and then belfry took both regular season games.along with our school phelps,they beat pikeville & shelby valley in qualifying tournament games only to lose to them in regular season.i hope someone can give belfry a run for their money,i have friends that play for belfry,but im just saying dont think your the top dog to early.someone could put you right back in the dog house.
I feel for Valley this year they have changed coaches again. You can tell the she dont know much about vollyball Valley has some talent just dont know how to use it.. Iam sure the coach is a good person and maybe Valley couldnt find anyone else to coach I bet if was the boys basketball team they wouldnt spare no expense to find a good coach. anyway good luck shelby valley.
HORNET POWER Wrote:yeah ask allen central the same thing,they beat belfry in a pre-season tourney last year and then belfry took both regular season games.along with our school phelps,they beat pikeville & shelby valley in qualifying tournament games only to lose to them in regular season.i hope someone can give belfry a run for their money,i have friends that play for belfry,but im just saying dont think your the top dog to early.someone could put you right back in the dog house.

It's possible. After watching them this weekend, they did not look as powerful as in the past. Thacker's graduation is a tremendous power loss to the team. Betsy Layne, however, looked more consistent and just as powerful as last year.
jj n Wrote:I feel for Valley this year they have changed coaches again. You can tell the she dont know much about vollyball Valley has some talent just dont know how to use it.. Iam sure the coach is a good person and maybe Valley couldnt find anyone else to coach I bet if was the boys basketball team they wouldnt spare no expense to find a good coach. anyway good luck shelby valley.

I would definitely have to disagree about Valley's coach. She has had a lot of experience playing in high school and working with volleyball teams at the middle school level. I think their main problem last night was nerves. The coach was coaching her first game, and after graduating about 10 girls... all but one girl was playing consistent mnutes on Varsity for the first time. Not to mention that there were also several freshmen on the jv and v teams. I look for Valley to improve as the season goes. Last night was the first time they had competed against another team... they had no pre-season tournaments or scrimmages. I doubt they have a chance at winning region, maybe not even district, but they will get better as the season continues!
BumpSetSpike Wrote:It's possible. After watching them this weekend, they did not look as powerful as in the past. Thacker's graduation is a tremendous power loss to the team. Betsy Layne, however, looked more consistent and just as powerful as last year.
belfry was playing without three of there starters they will be fine when they get everyone back
old11 Wrote:belfry was playing without three of there starters they will be fine when they get everyone back

i'm pretty sure they were referring to the game last weekend @ AC, when Belfry had all of their starters & Betsy Layne beat them; not the game tonight.
Did belfry's starters not play this weekend as well? The girls i saw last weekend looked very familiar. I missed 2 players from last year, but i think they graduated. Who did they play in the Food City Tourney?
ispike3 Wrote:i'm pretty sure they were referring to the game last weekend @ AC, when Belfry had all of their starters & Betsy Layne beat them; not the game tonight.

They didn't have all their starters that game either, one is out with a knee injury and the other one is out due to surgery. Trust me these girls will be the team to beat again this year...
Just wanted to add to some of the above posts about Belfry. In the Bluegrass State games, BHS was without Brittney Branham (Sr; OH) due to an appendectomy. In the AC Pre-Season Tournament and pool play of the Food City Summer Slam, BHS was without Brittney Branham and Kaeli Fletcher (So; MB) and in bracket play of the Summer Slam against Betsy Layne BHS was also without Alexis Howard (Jr; S, L) because she was at her brother's wedding. So, Belfry has yet to play a game at full strength. This is not to make excuses for Belfry. Just stating that Coach Bevins is yet to see what the season has in store. IMO, Belfry will still be the team to beat at season's end (barring more injuries). This is not to take anything from Betsy Layne, as they have a very good team, as does South Floyd. The two meetings in Sept will tell more than the two meetings in the past two weekends.
yeah thats right how you guys like them apples
I think valley was a lot better last year, however as the year goes on they will improve.
& as for the coach, she's a great person who knows a lot about the game. nerves got the best of them.